Author Topic: Connection between the Genos & the Berlin Orchestra?  (Read 616 times)

Online usaraiya

Connection between the Genos & the Berlin Orchestra?
« on: October 08, 2017, 07:48:58 PM »
So, what exactly is the connection between Genos, Alex Christianson & the Berlin Orchestra?
Three teaser videos and we are no better of, at its implications?
Anyone knows the real story?
 :)
Uday

Offline Bachus

Re: Connection between the Genos & the Berlin Orchestra?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 09:04:36 PM »
So, what exactly is the connection between Genos, Alex Christianson & the Berlin Orchestra?
Three teaser videos and we are no better of, at its implications?
Uday

Marketing..

After the leak of the first teaser, yamaha needed something to fill the gap. Alex christianson needed something to promote his new album and video’s. Both live in Berlin, and so they meed a deal, pasted some genos moments in the video’s and off you go..
Keyszone.boards.net for all the latest keyboard news and information.

Offline ash1

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 02:26:25 AM »
Alex christianson and yamaha
was the Genos used maybe nobody knows for sure and that is were the problem lies
why not say the Genos was used in this part or that part and here is the video showing you how we did it
what you got instead was a guessing game and very dissapointed and frustrated potencial buyers and loyal customers
who are still none the wiser
with the arranger market so competitive right now its not been yamahas finest hour

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:28:06 AM by ash1 »

Offline Bill

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 02:37:16 AM »
I don't think we will ever know.  Even the video by Alex Christianson does not give any hints.

Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnysiGjJpO4
England

Tyros 5/76

Offline ash1

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 03:05:45 AM »
very true Bill

Online EileenL

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 04:01:57 AM »
Listen very carefully to the drum track. These were used in the orchestra.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 04:26:19 AM »
I've mentioned this before but I think there was supposed to be shock factor in that all the music in those teasers was eminating from the Genos.But judging by the posts it hasn't come across to the public that way and I admit to being a bit confused at first.In other words, it was meant to work as something like the old "fish and chips taste better when they're served in newspaper rather than on a plate "illusion. If you see the keyboard while we are hearing the sound it won't seem as realistic as if we are only hearing the sound while watching video footage of a real orchestra. To romantisise for effect. I think the woman vocalist was in the multi pads maybe like when Martin Harris was playing the "fall from the sky" tune I may be totally wrong though. ???  Yamaha did seem to suggest in advance that the Genos would have sonic realism that would be mind blowing. I wasn't sure at the time if I believed them or not. It may be heading for the standards where you could blindfold even an orchestra leader and he won't be able to tell the difference between the recording of a real orchestra and the keyboard.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 04:52:46 AM by organaut »

Offline ash1

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 04:35:43 AM »
hi Eileen
you could very well be right i wish yamaha would put out some more information regarding what was and wasn't used in the videos
i would love to see a breakdown of how the Genos was used
after all that is the impression the videos were giving us
i do know in my opinion the sounds i have heard so far are of a very high quality
I'm still very positive about the Genos though
so like you said not long now demonstrations at dealers to come

all the best ash1

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 04:37:34 AM »
Listen very carefully to the drum track. These were used in the orchestra.
Hi Eileen,

I tend to agree with you but then why does not Yamaha state more cleraly what the connection is?

If a serious dance music producer used the Genos for one of his commercial productions, I really do not understand why Yamaha is holding so much secrecy around this. It tends to keep Yamaha users in sone confusion IMHO.

Best Regards,

Vinciane.
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650

Online usaraiya

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 05:41:48 AM »
I wish someone from Yamaha would answer these questions, now that the cat is out of the bag, after October 2nd!

Uday

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 05:44:29 AM »
Looks like it was just sitting there and recording the performance on the WAV recorder. Big DEAL .. lol

Offline pjd

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 06:19:53 AM »
After the exhaustive discussion of the teasers, I'm just now getting around to watching the artist videos.

Gotta be frank, the Alex Christensen video is the least informative of the lot. In fact, I think he is hurting his brand as an artist here. No shade on his music, tho'.

My favorite artist video is Beth Nielsen Chapman. I get the sense that she actually used the Genos.

Tip to Yamaha -- people are media savvy. Make videos where the artist is actually engaged with the product, not just picking up a promotion opportunity.

I enjoyed reading everyone's comments. Thank you!

-- pj

Offline alans

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 07:05:21 AM »
I may be the odd one out here but in the teasers I got the impression that Yamaha were trying to portray what kind of music "could" be produced by Genos,and not necessarily  "by" the new keyboard as seen and heard.
Many people have criticised Yamaha for not demoing all the styles on Genos,but when Tyros 5 was being promoted they did concentrate on the new features ie ensembles,organ world,audio styles etc and not just styles, as many were transferred from T4,and were well known.I think they have done the same in Martin Harris' demos,people want to hear and see what is new, not just what has been brought over from T5

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 and KN7000

Online EileenL

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 07:08:06 AM »
You have just hit the nail right on the head. You did hear some Genos drum kits and style parts. Look into the new styles that will be on the keyboard and you will see.

Offline ash1

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 11:02:15 AM »
this is the demonstration by Martin Harris that i really like put a good  quality low frequency set of closed back headphones on
and you can hear the fantastic high quality sounds of the Genos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwBLCaBRcwY
its brilliant and he is only using a fraction of whats on the Genos
so well done martin harris for this small demonstration

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:11:35 AM by ash1 »

Offline soundphase

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 11:11:12 AM »
this is the demonstration by Martin Harris that i really like put a good set of closed back headphones on
and you can hear the fantastic high quality sounds of the Genos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwBLCaBRcwY
its brilliant and he is only using a fraction of whats on the Genos

I agree with that. Results from Martin Harris are excellent. Are we sure it was Genos ?

So, I totally disapprove these Genos teasers and the way Yamaha marketing worked.
In France, it could be considered as misleading advertising if the Genos is not used for main sounds (strings, brass) we hear , and it is punished severely if someone complains.

Offline ash1

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 03:36:15 PM »
as sure as we can be i think it was the Genos

Offline soundphase

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 10:08:12 PM »
as sure as we can be i think it was the Genos

It was a joke considering the teasers where we are not sure of the role of the Genos.

Offline ash1

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 02:31:59 AM »