Author Topic: Organ World On Genos ?  (Read 1672 times)

Offline organaut

Organ World On Genos ?
« on: October 08, 2017, 01:51:55 PM »
My apologies in advance for being so old fashioned and mundane but does anybody Know yet if the Genos as well as the Vintage organ sound we heard in the demo, also has the Euro organ (Klaus Wunderlich) sounds etc.like the Tyros ?  8)

Re: Organ World On Genos ?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 02:16:57 PM »
Organaut, you'll know as soon as Yamaha wakes up and produces a decent demo video. So far, all their videos have been crappy, vague, and uninformative. With the T5 demo videos, all was revealed. For me, so far Yamaha has just pissed me off. Give us a decent Genos demo video!!!!!!!!! Personally, I have spent over $20,000 with Yamaha. Stop jerking me around. I've earned the right to decide whether it's worth upgrading from my T5 to the Genos!! Yamaha never used to play these immature and childish mind games :(.
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, 15 inch sub designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44.

The following users thanked this post: organaut

Offline organaut

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 02:52:07 PM »
It may be that they are attempting to attract newer kind of buyers by changing the image of what an arranger can do to try and get away from the old people's keyboard stigma. ???  This maybe just my distorted perception but 20 years or so ago when I used to go to the festivals the dealers wouldn't waste their time even talking with the likes of us young'ns because they knew we had no money but the old people had large pensions. You had to have a nice friendly bank manager with horned rimmed spectacles and explain to him why he should lend you the money to rashly spend on a non essential luxury item. Things have changed and it seems the banks are throwing loans at young people nowadays and not as many old ' uns that are left have that kind of money anymore. That lake is drying out for the dealers fast. Not just that but there's not many of the old enthusiasts left. I am somewhere in the middle maybe at nearly 50 yrs old but I like to play the old school stuff which also suits my little audiences so I'm a bit stuck in a musical
time warp.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 03:27:44 PM by organaut »

Offline Marcus

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 02:52:46 PM »
My understanding is the Vintage, Home, and Euro organ interfaces from the Tyros 5 Organ were reworked (improved/+DSPs) and included on the Genos, but not all together as a Tyros 5 Organ world preset or Organ World button. The preset voices from the Tyros 5 Concert and Theatre organs should all be included in the Genos, but perhaps not as individual organ interfaces.

As far as I can tell, nothing has been lost from the Tyros 5, expect maybe the Audio Drum parts from the Tyros 5 Audio Styles. It is unclear if the Tyros 5 onboard Audio Style were reworked with new Revo kits, but supposedly any purchased Tyros 5 Audio Style expansion style packs will be upgraded to work on the Genos.

Just have to be patient for more details to be revealed in the upcoming Genos Reference and Data Manuals as they become finalized, plus obviously more videos will be made. Even then, how many of us will have the opportunity to actually try one in your closest Yamaha music store? I don't have too many issues with that, because I know how a Tyros 5 sounds like and the Genos has cross-the-board improvements and tons of added content/features and virtually 100% of my created Tyros 5 custom content and expansion will still be compatible.

Exciting that not only will my countless hours of my custom Tyros 5 work will be compatible, but with minimal work I could simply upgrade all the work to the next level or rework with all the new Genos content for super higher potential in sound quality and realism. I thought the new Tyros 5 Ensemble feature was "mind-blowing" (a term used back when the Tyros 5 was introduced), but now add more new Genos Ensemble voices and super articulations on top of other new Genos features, I can't wait to get my head wrapped around that (among other new features/voices).

Marcus
Gear: Triangle

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 03:12:39 PM »
The Organ world voices will now be found in the organ section. Any registration banks you have made  with Organ World will load fine into Genos.
  There will be lots more demo's to come as the shops start getting them in so not long to wait now.

Offline Marcus

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 03:20:34 PM »
It may be that they are attempting to attract newer kind of buyers by changing the image of what an arranger can do to try and get away from the old people's keyboard stigma. ???

The arranger keyboard is a keyboard for the ages (musically speaking). They are constantly being improved upon to higher quality sound and authentic sounding voices and drum kits as technology and innovation allow. Arranger keyboards must keep up with with the new or recent music genres, and I view the Genos as just the next evolution to keep up with the modern music genres, yet keep the best of the past eras of music. It is a tool and resource of sounds and styles of the ages, and an interface to arrange, create, and play live or record music of all ages, themes, genres or ethnic backgrounds.

Music or music styles of the 2000s or 2010s, will become old people's music in the future. In 50 years, musicians will still arrange and perform music of that future time and undoubtedly will be influenced or inspired by the past. Music transcends the ages, remains universal, and can be very personal and yet subjective from one person to another.

I don't know what I just rambled on with, but basically an arranger keyboard could be useful for all ages, but obviously other techno type gear might fit some modern music better, but still shouldn't demean an arranger keyboard because of that. I am not going to use a synth or DJ turntables to create classical or 60s type music or sample pads to play my keyboard parts I can play or compose and arrange myself.

Marcus

Offline Mjm

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 03:29:31 PM »
I can't wait to hear Peter Bartmans demo this baby! He's my favorite demonstrator.  ☺

Mark

Offline organaut

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 03:38:51 PM »
Thanks for your insight on this everyone who has replied to me so far.  Marcus, I support and share your optimism and open mind about what you describe about arrangers like Tyros and Genos being viewed as an instrument for all ages and universal. I hope there are lots more people out there with your outlook .I have read some pretty ugly posts in the past stating that arrangers are for old people and that young people are only interested in synths. Each to his own opinion (to a point) but too much negativity in that synth versus arranger ageist viewpoint can be damaging to the company surely. ???
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 03:44:11 PM by organaut »

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 03:43:20 PM »
As far as I can tell,...
  and
It is unclear if the Tyros 5 onboard Audio Style were reworked with new Revo kits

Marcus has justified my anger at these pathetic teaser videos. Like everyone else, he doesn't know either. It's no wonder. Yamaha has produced nothing but crappy teaser videos that just leave a lot of doors open and questions unanswered. Stop the mind games and tell us what the h*** the Genos does. Everything else is just an insult to us players who keep Yamaha in the black on their ledger.
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, 15 inch sub designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44.

Offline organaut

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 03:55:39 PM »
Lee, the 3 teasers certainly confused me too but I remember an old saying. "There are no accidents in advertising"  Probably said by Goebels. There's a lot of psychology involved and they certainly know how to push the buttons of the consumer. It's been done for thousands of years in one form or another. ;) These in the dark conversations and rants we're at having at the moment will most likely be all swept under the carpet after the shows, more demo videos by the shops themselves.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 03:59:36 PM by organaut »

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 04:01:03 PM »
True Organaut, however, Yamaha used to have ethics. I know this because I sold their products for a few years. This recent intro to the Genos is not aimed at the REAL target market who can afford the instrument. It does nothing but insult those who can afford it.

So far, to me it's the best piece of junk on the market until Yamaha can prove otherwise. Stop the insanity!!

Offline organaut

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 04:11:21 PM »
Try and enjoy the ride anyway. I think music isn't supposed to be too serious. 8)

Offline ash1

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 04:30:14 PM »
i bought my first arranger when i was about 16 well i say arranger it had about 25 keys and played different styles about 20 in total
i think i took it back to the shop at least twice i hadn't a clue how to use it
i ended up so frustrated i took it back a 3rd time and got a refund
hence to say i wasn't the music shops favourite customer  :)
will young people buy the Genos who knows i think this time round yamaha has made some sort of effort with some of the new features
i know people might have been frustrated with the yamaha videos but that's what you call marketing
i think the buyers just want to get the Genos in front of them to play and here the thing
in the mean time going to a demonstration if there is one in your area would also let you see and here the Genos
and maybe ask questions there if possible
before you make a decision wether to buy one or not

all the best ash1
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 04:50:13 PM by ash1 »

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 06:51:31 PM »
Wise words, Organaut.

Ash1, real marketing involves enticing potential buyers to action. The only marketing I see in the current videos is called "mind games" :). So far, all Yamaha has done is say, "The Genos is here." Why the huckster approach??? It is unbecoming of such an amazing company and totally opposite to the Japanese philosophy of truth and honor as I understand it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 06:54:18 PM by Lee Batchelor »

Offline Mjm

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 08:19:11 PM »
True Organaut, however, Yamaha used to have ethics. I know this because I sold their products for a few years. This recent intro to the Genos is not aimed at the REAL target market who can afford the instrument. It does nothing but insult those who can afford it.

So far, to me it's the best piece of junk on the market until Yamaha can prove otherwise. Stop the insanity!!

I too have been a little confused at Yamaha's introduction of the Genos. It does seem like they are trying to market it to a younger audience. I could be completely wrong,  but I don't think too many younger players are going to fork out as much money to buy the Genos, when there are so many other pretty decent keyboards available at a much cheaper price. Just a thought.

Mark

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 09:21:19 PM »

Music or music styles of the 2000s or 2010s, will become old people's music in the future. In 50 years, musicians will still arrange and perform music of that future time and undoubtedly will be influenced or inspired by the past. Music transcends the ages, remains universal, and can be very personal and yet subjective from one person to another.

Marcus

I'm in my 60's.

Do you suppose in 15-20 years when I'm sitting in my wheelchair I'll be rockin to "I can't get no satisfaction"?

😊
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:23:19 PM by guitpic1 »
guitpic1

PA 4X, S970, DGX650, JBL Eon One, SSV.3

Offline ash1

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 11:28:44 PM »
hi guitpic1
yes you will me to and the kids will be saying what is that rubbish your playing just like we did when we were young 
and i reckon mick jagger will still be rocking it out with the stones
keith will still be wearing his headband  :)

Offline maartenb

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 11:46:13 PM »
OK, back to the original question...

As Eileen said, the organs are still there. "Organ World" as such doesn't exist on the Genos anymore. The organs are part of the Organs category.

You still have the nice drawbars screen, as can be seen on a video by Martin Harris.

The new sliders have knobs in the shape of organ drawbars, and they have a longer throw than the shorter Tyros5 ones. So it should be nicer to play with.

Oh, and I find the Genos organs to sound better and closer to the original than the T5.

Maarten

Offline ash1

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 12:03:14 AM »
hi Lee Batchelor
i think they are trying to get the widest market they can
i was young when i bought an arranger with very basic features
will it attract any new young buyers in all honesty i dont know the competition with arrangers is getting very competitive
korg and the like are making some really great arranger keyboards
the videos had people excited and now for some they feel the videos have been a let down or feeling decieved
the price for any new buyer will seem very high at £4500
do the teaser videos have any connection to the Genos in what was shown
i think until people get the Genos physically in there hands and play and here it then nobody knows for sure
i know quite a few people are going to demonstrations of the Genos keyboard at local dealers
so i think that will help people make a final decision
in the end its the buyers who will make the Genos a winner or failure
will i be buying it in my opinion its the best arranger on the market just now
the Genos is the first step there will be a Genos 2 but probably in another 3/4 years
yamaha havent done themselves any favours with the teaser videos

all the best ash1

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 12:52:46 AM by ash1 »

Offline ash1

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 12:13:51 AM »
hi EileenL thats good news about organ world i love organ world on the tyros 5  :)

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 12:19:50 AM »
I ordered my GENOS from One Man Band (Genos Tipsters) and they give you a copy of T5 items
Such as Organ world which may not be in GENOS.

Graham
Current Yamaha Genos with 2 Yamaha MSR100 Speakers

Offline ash1

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 12:28:03 AM »
hi Grayfox
congratulations on buying the Genos im sure you will love it
they are holding a demonstration night to showcase the Genos
thats were i bought my tyros 5 and got a very nice bundle thrown in

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 12:33:20 AM by ash1 »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 02:16:29 AM »
All the voices from organ world are in Genos but now will be found in the general organ section.

Offline organaut

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 02:26:27 AM »
Maarten, Eileen, Thanks for your info , so is the organ section more similar to "organ flutes" on Tyros 4 where the drawbars screen comes up and then you choose either Vintage, Sine, or Euro for the type of organ sound you want or do we select one of the presets , for example Wunderbars and then the drawbars pop up but we'll have the Euro generator?  One more thing comes to mind. Presumably as there are nine physical sliders but nine virtual drawbars plus 3 extra for the attack footages then we will have to use the virtual ones only for the attack or assign some knobs if we want to physically control them? Somebody commented that the vintage organ sound is much improved. I am going to be brutally honest and unfair but it;s still only my opinion of course. I feel they have improved the leslie sim but I was hoping for better. My Neo Ventilator will thrash it hands down. But in fairness It is still much better than any organ sim the competition have done related to arranger keyboards and if I take into accounts the warm home organ sim (leslie speaker no.5 etc) then that has always been good. Also leslie simulation is very difficult to emulate so I can't really expect Yamaha to build the expensive circuitry of the Vent into £4000 keyboard. In any case, that is what the sub is for among other things. If I wanted to I could route the organ flutes of the Genos to my vent, (now my OCD is taking over)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:44:26 AM by organaut »

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 02:33:33 AM »
Organaut, you'll know as soon as Yamaha wakes up and produces a decent demo video. So far, all their videos have been crappy, vague, and uninformative. With the T5 demo videos, all was revealed. For me, so far Yamaha has just pissed me off. Give us a decent Genos demo video!!!!!!!!! Personally, I have spent over $20,000 with Yamaha. Stop jerking me around. I've earned the right to decide whether it's worth upgrading from my T5 to the Genos!! Yamaha never used to play these immature and childish mind games :(.

Lee, I tend to agree - Yamaha's pre-rollout for the Genos has so far been vague and disjointed. A truly terrible PR campaign to date. The only half-decent demo has so far come from Martin Harris, but even that, whilst enjoyable, was too cursory and lacked detail. I don't know what Yamaha hoped to achieve with the ridiculous 'don't-show-don't-tell' teasers they doubtless spent a fortune on - all they did was leave potential Genos purchasers none-the-wiser and peeved.

All we are interested in the Genos. I couldn't care less for the teasers they've so far produced. A total waste of money. SHOW US THE KEYBOARD and go into detail about the features, functions and possibilities of the machine. Show us how the Genos can take things to next level, explain (using examples) how the various functions work and how it all fits together.

Why is this proving so impossibly difficult for Yamaha?

I have a Genos on order, btw, but I really didn't approve of their terrible marketing campaign and I don't feel it has done them any favours. When is Peter Baartmans going to get a 1-hour demo out? I'm sure he will finally - finally - bring some coherence and common sense to the Genos and put a lot of people's uncertainties to rest. COME ON, YAMAHA. Get your act together on this!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:35:12 AM by CalUKGR »
Yamaha Genos | Roland A-800 Pro | Cubase 9 Elements | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape & Stylus RMX | Arturia Spark 2 | Yamaha APX 700II 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Offline organaut

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 02:54:49 AM »
Oh dear, I didn't intend to open a can of worms with my impatience to know this and that in the very early stages of the Genos launch.  I don't know if I remember correctly but I didn't think there was this much hype when Tyros 3,4 and 5 were launched?  This time it;s ridiculous. We forget, it's only a hobby at the end of the day for most of us but it's being treated with the seriousness of a general election or as if Yamaha are taking our Tyros off us with nothing to play in the meantime. Got to have the latest thing syndrome. (Maybe I'll take up the bagpipes instead !
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:06:59 AM by organaut »

Offline ash1

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 03:09:56 AM »
not the bagpipes think of the poor neighbours  ;D ;D ;D ;D
no offence to bagpipes users was meant in this yamaha related answer
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:13:44 AM by ash1 »

Offline organaut

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2017, 03:20:38 AM »
Ash, Yes I forgot about the neighbours. and no offence meant to bagpipes players but they were originally meant as a sonic weapon rather than a music instrument weren't they? LOL  While I'm in for a penny, I remember a friend telling me that the best way to play the banjo is with a Stanley knife and that accordions are in reality, pleated bagpipes.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:34:20 AM by organaut »

Offline ash1

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2017, 03:27:57 AM »
no offence was meant to stanley blade banjo players in this organworld yamaha related answer  ;D ;D ;D ;D
 banjo strings on sale just now at a cut down price lol
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:31:33 AM by ash1 »

Offline organaut

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 03:37:03 AM »
Ha ha, we'd better probably quit now while we're ahead before the moderators think of banning us on grounds of PC.LOL  :) :D

Offline ash1

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 03:38:55 AM »
 :)

Offline pjd

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 05:53:32 AM »
No offence to bagpipes users was meant in this yamaha related answer

I personally love it when AC/DC hit the 'pipes in "It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)."  :D  :D

-- pj

Offline ash1

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 06:08:53 AM »
being scottish i love the pipes to  :)

Offline soryt

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 06:14:48 AM »
If you make now on the Tyros 5 a few registers with the name Organ world and you save al youre favorit settings now , you can later use it in the Genos  ;)

Soryt  ;D
Plays Tyros 5 & Nord electro 5
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr2s4KsgEvNsa70f-LTmTCw?view_as=subscriber

Offline EileenL

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2017, 06:59:02 AM »
Yes they should pick up the voices from the registration. But you can also make up some more in Genos which will be quicker to do now.

Offline organaut

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2017, 09:07:53 AM »
Thank you both  ;).  I have made lots of organ world registrations already. So from what you say they will come up in the Genos. But will the drawbars? By the way I actually like bagpipes, banjos and accordions also so I hope I’ve not offended anybody. ;)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:39:06 AM by organaut »

Offline ash1

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 09:24:28 AM »
no its just a bit of fun  :D

Offline Marcus

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2017, 07:53:11 PM »
Speaking of the pipes, the YamahaMusicSoft Premium Celtic pack is awesome. Nice mix of quality voices, Multipads, and styles. The Hiland Pipers voice sounds fairly authentic to me, or haven't come across any other voice that sounds better for my Tyros 5.

Martin Harris had a nice demo featuring the Hiland Pipers. The drone section is sampled on the lower range of notes with the Piper notes in the higher range. The matching Multipads are great with different beat choices, PipeMarch12, PipeMarch16, and PipeMarch24, along with other assortments of voices and multipads. One of my favorite Premium packs, which will be updated to work on the Genos among all the other expansion packs. I haven't found the need to purchase any of the Yamaha Organ Expansion packs because the Tyros 5 Organ World was already top quality with nice selections of organs.

Hiland Pipers HD 720p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j7I-mTjl34

Marcus

Offline Bachus

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2017, 09:51:40 PM »
I personally love it when AC/DC hit the 'pipes in "It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)."  :D  :D

-- pj

You got to check out a scotish band named the red hot chilly pipers

https://youtu.be/SdF-HAVVp4s

I saw them live half a decade ago in eddinburough, and they made an everlasting impression on me. Never will i look at the bagpipes again as dull.
Keyszone.boards.net for all the latest keyboard news and information.

Offline organaut

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 12:39:33 AM »
Iíve heard of the Red hot Chilli Peppers. I think we have a cd of theirs somewhere in our collection that Celtic pack from Yamaha. The hghland pipers are so realistic that you can almost smell the haggis. :)

Offline ash1

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2017, 02:38:01 AM »
i love that well know scottish duo the curries these guys really know there stuff  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-acmGu9QeA

Offline ash1

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2017, 06:46:45 AM »
i like the Red Chilli Peppers i also like the green Chilli Peppers and i may as well throw in the sunday papers  ;D ;D

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2017, 12:59:08 PM »
Tyros 5's "Organ World" had some drawbar organs.
Hammond type
Wersi type
Transistor type
Lowrey type (with tabs instead bars)

I expect, that GENOS allows the same and may not drop this easy way to combine different sounds together.
But soon, I can take a look and look forward.

Offline mikf

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2017, 03:48:28 PM »
Ash - your link to 'the curries' cracked me up. You have to be familiar with The Corries' to know what a brilliant take off this is by Ricki Fulton.
Mike

Offline ash1

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2017, 04:08:10 PM »
hi mikf
im glad you liked it
i think sometimes we take ourselves to serious people in general we need more laughter and fun in the world  :)

all the best ash1