Author Topic: News Genos's videos and sounds  (Read 2090 times)

News Genos's videos and sounds
« on: October 06, 2017, 02:17:33 PM »
Finally you start to see something more ... Genos videos and sounds

https://youtu.be/rFBTh3YC9C0

PS: modified link to avoid advertising
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:07:37 AM by Aquilauno »

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Hollande, vbdx66, rezaazadi1361, Gunnar Jonny

Re: News Genos's videos and sounds
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 02:55:59 PM »
After seeing these videos (I'm ignorant about music and electronic musical instrument) I think Genos is a mix between an arranger and a synthesizer, or rather, an arranger who "emulates" a synthesizer and joins them together in performances, in the first video I did not listen to the classic styles I'm used to. This explains why it is not a Tyros 6, it has nothing to do with the Tyros series, it's something new (revolutionary?!) ... The sensation is that it is (very) a recording studio and / or stage instrument (concerts)... (competition in Korg?) ... which will play standard styles
wonderful too. This does not detract from the fact that anyone who wants to buy it can buy it, but how many people can make the most of it  I'm inexperienced true, but I want to play white and black buttons, act with knobs and cursors I'm not really excited but a lot others will find it a good thing, it's a great keyboard to play music, create music. thanks Yamaha !!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:09:39 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 03:10:27 PM »
Thanks for this video. I find it more interesting than all the official videos released by Yamaha on the 2nd of October. Here you can endly get a slight idea of some of the Genos true capabilities. Hope we will get more videos of this quality in the forthcoming weeks.

Regards,

Vinciane.
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650

Offline metcam

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 03:28:37 PM »
All video is impressive and very good.

The best part in my opinions start 8:58.......its really amazing....

Regards.
Curent Instruments: Tyros5-61,,,PSR-A3000
Previus instruments:PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland D20.........

Offline ash1

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 03:32:28 PM »
i have just watched the video and have to say the sounds are fantastic thats the first video i have watched that really shows the quality of the Genos and of the sounds
maybe after all the yamaha videos were indeed made with the Genos i think the sound quality is that high

i might have to get the big jar out and start saving  :)

all the best ash1

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 03:34:38 PM »
i have just watched the video and have to say the sounds are fantastic thats the first video i have watched that really shows the quality of the Genos and of the sounds

i might have to get the big jar out and start saving  :)

all the best ash1

Yea me too! :)
Yamaha  Clavinova CVP 307, PSR s970, Korg Pa4x-76
PSR Performer Page  -  Steve's Gig Disks

Offline billtracy

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 04:24:30 PM »
Same for me-a very big jar!
Current Gear: Roland E-A7, KRK Rokit 5s, Voicelive Play.
Previously Owned: Yamaha PSR-740, Yamaha PSR-1100, Yamaha PSR-S750, Roland BK-3.

Offline Joe W

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 06:00:31 PM »
Thanks for the video link.  It has inspired me to add this, and two additional Martin Harris videos, to a Tyros/Genos demo page on the main site.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Hollande, thomas750

Offline Stubby

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 06:35:21 PM »
That was sweet!!  (Oops  -- hope that won't be deemed a dealer plug!)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 06:50:15 PM »
This is the best demo so far. Impressive sounds.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline soundphase

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 10:55:07 PM »
Thanks for the video link.  It has inspired me to add this, and two additional Martin Harris videos, to a Tyros/Genos demo page on the main site.

I already know that Arnaud Delaunay will publish demo on nov 9th

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 01:48:00 AM »
A great first sound impression of the Genos ! :)

Thank you for uploading this link, Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline tyrosshar

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 11:03:17 AM »
Am I just the only one that is confused with that post, its nothing new there, this is the same kind of video with exactly the same sounds and styles that were presenteed on previous one or two... so nothing new!!! Confused with yours replys...

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 11:59:04 AM »
Igiwigi Ugawoga!! 8)

Offline rattley

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 07:34:00 PM »
This is the best video I have seen yet about Genos.  Just listen to it thru quality headphones for a phenomenal experience.  I love the reel to reel in the background.   -charley

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 10:57:56 PM »
This is the best video I have seen yet about Genos........

+1
I like the "downstripped" style demoed as well. Looking forward to hear more samples of the styles.  :)
Cheers & Happy Playing.  :)
GJ

Offline willem7397

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 11:33:40 PM »
Thanks for the video link, finally a new one :)
I'm definitely impressed by the Genos sound quality and think it's better than T5.
However also Tyros 5 sounds great. Do yourself a favor and listen side by side to the sweetwater T5 demo video from 2014 and the new Genos demo.
They have increased the playback volume of the Genos video so adjust to the same level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ghE9hVpHE

Audio drum styles on T5 are t.m.h.o. as good as the new drums in Genos but the latter give of course much more flexibility and audio drums in T5 are limited to a few styles.
The new piano sounds are noticably better.

Anyway until the Genos is demonstrated live for customers this direct comparison is our best option to judge sound quality and other differences between Tyros 5 and Genos.

Offline Bachus

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 02:24:16 AM »
Thanks for the video link, finally a new one :)
I'm definitely impressed by the Genos sound quality and think it's better than T5.
However also Tyros 5 sounds great. Do yourself a favor and listen side by side to the sweetwater T5 demo video from 2014 and the new Genos demo.
They have increased the playback volume of the Genos video so adjust to the same level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ghE9hVpHE

Audio drum styles on T5 are t.m.h.o. as good as the new drums in Genos but the latter give of course much more flexibility and audio drums in T5 are limited to a few styles.
The new piano sounds are noticably better.

Anyway until the Genos is demonstrated live for customers this direct comparison is our best option to judge sound quality and other differences between Tyros 5 and Genos.

Thanks for posting that video and reminding us how good the tyros 5 allreayd sounds..

However, if you lisen to the whole style performance, the new styles in the Genos sound much more sparckling and vibrant and exciting..  they are more dynamic.. and overall the new effects section really shows off...

Now the difference isnt like upgrading from a psr 9000 to a tyros 5, but it certainly is there even in these videoís..  but then maybe some part is the difference between Harris and Blake, the latter does not really show mucch enthousiasme... he is a motif/montage guy... and espescially when he uses the introís he looks really umcomfortable behind the T5,,..

All in all only a direct comparrisom will shoe how much the Genos has improved...

I am imteredted how the T5 voices and styles have improved in the Genos... but also how much the new voices and styles improved over the old ones..
Keyszone.boards.net for all the latest keyboard news and information.

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 06:38:57 AM »
Am I just the only one that is confused with that post, its nothing new there, this is the same kind of video with exactly the same sounds and styles that were presenteed on previous one or two... so nothing new!!! Confused with yours replys...

Agreed. No doubt, the sounds and styles are much improved, but I have yet to see one hint of the styles I currently use on my T5 to actually MAKE MONEY! Martin tipped his hand when he said he was raised in the 80s and hence it was his favorite music. For me, the 80s is when really good music composition hit a brick wall. That's not an old guy talking - that's the opinion of a lot of pro musicians I work with.

Martin hasn't sold me yet. He drools over the advanced effects with ARPS and distortion guitars because he really likes that stuff. I could care less at this point. He hasn't even gone over the basic navigation and common styles yet! Yamaha better find an older guy or gal who can demonstrate the sounds of the 30s through 70s. That's where the real gigging money is.

And stop noodling! Play me a d*** song! I defy anyone here to recognize one song he's played. The thump, bump, dance, and new age wave forms are the tools of the DJ. I've played corporate functions for the past 24 years and never used those styles! My clients, who pay me decent bucks, don't want to hear that junk. Show me the styles that I need so I can play until I'm Eileen's age. (Eileen - you're an amazing woman!!) If they aren't there, say so. I won't be going past the T5. If they are there, show them to us!!!
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compact speakers, 15 inch subwoofer designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44 sound interface.

Offline soundphase

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 06:54:20 AM »
Agreed. No doubt, the sounds and styles are much improved, but I have yet to see one hint of the styles I currently use on my T5 to actually MAKE MONEY! Martin tipped his hand when he said he was raised in the 80s and hence it was his favorite music. For me, the 80s is when really good music composition hit a brick wall. That's not an old guy talking - that's the opinion of a lot of pro musicians I work with.

Martin hasn't sold me yet. He drools over the advanced effects with ARPS and distortion guitars because he really likes that stuff. I could care less at this point. He hasn't even gone over the basic navigation and common styles yet! Yamaha better find an older guy or gal who can demonstrate the sounds of the 30s through 70s. That's where the real gigging money is.

And stop noodling! Play me a d*** song! I defy anyone here to recognize one song he's played. The thump, bump, dance, and new age wave forms are the tools of the DJ. I've played corporate functions for the past 24 years and never used those styles! My clients, who pay me decent bucks, don't want to hear that junk. Show me the styles that I need so I can play until I'm Eileen's age. (Eileen - you're an amazing woman!!) If they aren't there, say so. I won't be going past the T5. If they are there, show them to us!!!

I agree, there is a difference between people who win money with their keyboard and the others.

My 73-years old piano teacher (first price of Paris music conservatory) makes a lot of gigs with his T5 and told me that in these conditions, people eat and drink, but don't really listen to music. So, is the new Genos sound quality necessary ?
Moreover, when you use your music instrument for movie music, is Genos sound quality enough ? I don't think so, even if there is a major progress
To finish, if you partipate to a musical group, is not Genos too generalist ? Do you need this ?

So, for me Genos is first, for people who sit and play. I'm quite sure that is the target market for Yamaha. And all Tx are success, and Genos will be too.

Offline Bachus

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 07:09:44 AM »
I agree, there is a difference between people who win money with their keyboard and the others.

My 73-years old piano teacher (first price of Paris music conservatory) makes a lot of gigs with his T5 and told me that in these conditions, people eat and drink, but don't really listen to music. So, is the new Genos sound quality necessary ?
Moreover, when you use your music instrument for movie music, is Genos sound quality enough ? I don't think so, even if there is a major progress
To finish, if you partipate to a musical group, is not Genos too generalist ? Do you need this ?

So, for me Genos is first, for people who sit and play. I'm quite sure that is the target market for Yamaha. And all Tx are success, and Genos will be too.

No, its not neccesary..

But there is a reason a violist wants a stradivarius to play on..
Most musicians are perfectionists and deem only the best good enough..

That goes for both gigging as well as home players..

There is also a group of pro musicians that would never go the way of the most expensive, but allways the way of the most efficient.

For both there is something to say

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 07:10:43 AM »
I absolutely understand how pro giggers feel about buying a new instrument.
For professional musicians their arranger is made to produce their income.

For home players, hobbyists, the arranger is more or less a toy. Money is not so important.

IMHO.

Jeff
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:15:17 AM by Jeff Hollande »
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Bachus

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2017, 07:15:03 AM »
I absolutely understand how pro giggers feel about buying a new instrument.
For professional musicians their arranger is made to produce their income.

For home players the arranger is more or less a toy.

IMHO.

Jeff

Yes so some giggers say, spending less money om instruments leaves me with more momey to spend.. as we all know a good musician can even make a toy piano sound incredible..

Offline StuartR

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2017, 08:15:08 AM »

Speaking about live playing, I intend to use the Genos to fill out empty slots in my band. Missing a drummer or bass player, just let the Genos handle those parts (assuming you can find a suitable style to use).

Do we know if the Genos can be tempo syncd to an external trigger like the Montage?

Offline Bachus

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2017, 08:51:32 AM »
Speaking about live playing, I intend to use the Genos to fill out empty slots in my band. Missing a drummer or bass player, just let the Genos handle those parts (assuming you can find a suitable style to use).

Do we know if the Genos can be tempo syncd to an external trigger like the Montage?

It will not have such a feature..
Which will make the montage a cheeper and better solution for the job..
Because its build for such a job..

However, the Genos will do fine as long as your drummer and bass player have the capabilitie to follow your click..

I can understand you want the Genos tough for at home and an ocasional solo gig..

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 08:51:46 AM »
Excellent comments folks. You'd be surprised at how many people come up to me after a show and ogle my T5. They can't believe the sounds I can get out of it. A fair number of my shows are where people actually listen to the music. And true, there are those shows where we blend into the wallpaper and pretend we're not even there :).

I've used the T5 in band situations too - although I prefer the Nord for its FAR superior pianos and EPs. My band mates are always amazed at how much the T5 adds. My hopes are to trade the T5 and Nord for Genos. All this depends on Yamaha producing a demo video that means something or by getting the darn thing to Canada before the next ice age so I can make up my own mind.

So far, the videos have been very sketchy. Martin talks a lot and says nothing. Too bad because he is an excellent player. You can only make a first impression once. The videos fail. He mentions (and I'm sure most agree) that the piano voice is the "anchor voice" on which we rely, and yet, he spends a total of 15 seconds or less on the piano voice before he launches into the deep dark depths of a keyboard we know virtually nothing about as of yet. The initial T5 demos were all about styles and voices. There was very little time devoted to in-depth effects and other toys. Martin is selling the sizzle instead of the steak. No one here can actually say how good or bad this machine is. If you sum up all the comments thus far, they would sound like, "On the one hand I think it does this or it does that."

Let's hear the Blues, Country, 40s Swing, Ballad styles, etc.... To heck with all this dance, prance, and thumpy synth garbage! Okay, end of rant :).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 08:54:36 AM by Lee Batchelor »
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compact speakers, 15 inch subwoofer designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44 sound interface.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 09:41:05 AM »
Hi lee

The Tyros 5 Is great and you can get great sounds from it.

I also dislike this EDM genre, one finger and a chord plus a Mooooo moooing singer ,but there is no getting away from It --The Genos will be better than the Tyros 5

Nothing In this world stays the same!! :o     " Bring back Keith Emerson  and  Edgar Froese"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:45:46 AM by ugawoga »

Online Tommy 73

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 10:21:31 AM »
Hi lee

The Tyros 5 Is great and you can get great sounds from it.

I also dislike this EDM genre, one finger and a chord plus a Mooooo moooing singer ,but there is no getting away from It --The Genos will be better than the Tyros 5

Nothing In this world stays the same!! :o     " Bring back Keith Emerson  and  Edgar Froese"
Ref: Keith Emerson...after attending the UK Montage tour as seen in the video link below Josh Phillips from Procol Harum gives a great rendition of Keith Emerson's "Fanfare To The Common Man" starting at time frame 30 min. When I attended the Poole UK event and after having a chat with Josh and the yamaha team I then decided to purchase the Montage...enjoy the link and headphones or speakers recommend https://youtu.be/SZn4tDBJQmU
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 10:24:46 AM by Tommy 73 »
((((A@424HZ))))

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 10:27:11 AM »

Let's hear the Blues, Country, 40s Swing, Ballad styles, etc.... To heck with all this dance, prance, and thumpy synth garbage! Okay, end of rant :) .
Right on!  :) :) 

Yes on Keith Emerson!

Offline Ingar

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2017, 11:19:02 AM »

Let's hear the Blues, Country, 40s Swing, Ballad styles, etc.... To heck with all this dance, prance, and thumpy synth garbage! Okay, end of rant :).
Yes , spot on!!

Offline MBedesem

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2017, 11:28:42 AM »
Sometimes, the complexity of the modern instruments get in the way of making good music.

That is, you can spend so much time fiddling with knobs and files, that the actual playing and interpertation of the music gets neglected. And you never have enough time left overdo it all well.

Of course, this could just be me....

Regards,

Michael

Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2017, 11:36:36 AM »
Sometimes, the complexity of the modern instruments get in the way of making good music.

That is, you can spend so much time fiddling with knobs and files, that the actual playing and interpertation of the music gets neglected. And you never have enough time left overdo it all well.

Regards,

Michael

That is what happens to me and what happened to me.  I used to have pretty decent piano technique, I bought my first arranger and got real lazy practicing piano.  Lots of time making adjustments to the keyboard,  I will say though it's fun!

Offline Bachus

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2017, 11:41:23 AM »
That is what happens to me and what happened to me.  I used to have pretty decent piano technique, I bought my first arranger and got real lazy practicing piano.  Lots of time making adjustments to the keyboard,  I will say though it's fun!

I force myself to play my piano lessons an hour a day...
Not that i dislkike it, i like the feel of being almost in trance while playing very concentrated
After that in general i play an hour to have fun

I got a feel that all those years of training start finally paying off

Offline Ingar

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2017, 12:09:51 PM »

Regards,

Michael
I'm afraid I am in the same boat. Just to sit down with my guitar, play and sing a simple blues is SO relaxing and fun after knobs-fiddling.

Regards Ingar

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2017, 12:59:50 PM »
You people are the best :). Michael, excellent comment about getting too hung up on knobs and buttons, and forgetting why we bought the darn thing in the first place - to make ourselves and those around us feel good through music. I believe if everyone on the planet played some sort of instrument or sang, we wouldn't need police or armies. People would be too busy having fun to get involved with drugs, terrorism, or crime. The instrument of choice could be a Genos, Montage, or even the spoons (every bar has them - no gear to carry - whoo hoo :)!).

Martin is an excellent player but loves those faders. I'd still love to hear the basic styles. Perhaps soon.

Yamaha, are you listening?

To be fair, Yamaha could put out a three hour, absolutely perfect demo that provides us with everything from A to Z. I'd still want to take an afternoon at the music store to confirm my purchase. Just think fellow Canadians, we'll be sitting in the music store in January or February, four feet of snow in some places, enjoying our first listen to the Genos while our European and U.S friends already have an inch of dust on their Genos keyboards.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:03:47 PM by Lee Batchelor »

Offline tyrosshar

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2017, 01:12:57 PM »
Lee Batchelor thats what I am takling about and 100% agree with you, so with all those demoes Yamaha did for present keyboard to us, were poor for "TOTALY" new keyboard ... I just want to hear what is realy NEW and mind blowing in this Genos and what is WOW in this Genos except drums visavi T5 because I know that Genos has it! 

Offline soundphase

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2017, 01:35:01 PM »
Lee Batchelor thats what I am takling about and 100% agree with you, so with all those demoes Yamaha did for present keyboard to us, were poor for "TOTALY" new keyboard ... I just want to hear what is realy NEW and mind blowing in this Genos and what is WOW in this Genos except drums visavi T5 because I know that Genos has it!
Don't you hear the sound quality difference ?

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2017, 01:50:35 PM »
I do think the technology Is fantastic today ,It Is just the aplication.

Once you have knocked up a few registrations your away without any problems
If you have a keyboard backing band ,you need to set the boys up right

Don't be  LUDDITE , Be a GEEK!! :( :o "Now you can throw me a Bananna!! ::) :P

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:53:29 PM by ugawoga »

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2017, 01:53:14 PM »
Don't you hear the sound quality difference?
Yes, I do Soundphase. No argument there. There's a huge difference, even when listening over cheap computer speakers. It's the content that is lacking in the demo videos. We still have no idea what this beast can do with the common styles that 95 percent of users enjoy. As mentioned, the original T5 demos steered away from the distortion guitars and advanced DSP stuff in favor of the basics. We've heard virtually no basics yet. There isn't one person on this forum who can attest to what Yamaha has done with the main stream styles. There is absolutely no evidence that causes me to say, "I need to buy this keyboard." The demo videos are crap so far.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2017, 01:56:17 PM »
Do Not worry Lee It Is still all In there but better.

The demo music has not been a good variety though. some of It is like BBC test card music  or music for supermarkets!! :P

"Now where did that shopping trolley go"!!! ::)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:57:31 PM by ugawoga »

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2017, 02:00:19 PM »
You're the man, Ugawoga :)! Thanks.

I'm sure the Genos is a winner. I just wonder why Yamaha released such crappy and vague demo videos. They have millions to make up for in R&D. Those videos aren't the way to go. The knucklehead in charge of marketing needs to be replaced with someone with a brain. The T5 demos sold me on the T5. The store visit was only confirmation of what I heard in the videos.

So far, the Genos is still shrouded in mystery. I don't know why they bothered to even release it without a decent demo video. We still know nothing about this beast. Is there anyone out there who can honestly attest to the quality of the Swing, Blues, Country, 40s Swing, and Ballad styles??? NO WAY!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 02:09:46 PM by Lee Batchelor »

Offline tyrosshar

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2017, 01:13:48 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2mih9SbGWc

This is so open mouth presented demo for us users or buyers...
This is the demo how it should be for GENOS...(voice by voice, style by style, articulations of instrumensts, details of voices and so on... ) And Peter Baartmans is the best demonstrator for Yamaha Keyboards so far...

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 02:06:28 PM »
.........We still know nothing about this beast. Is there anyone out there who can honestly attest to the quality of the Swing, Blues, Country, 40s Swing, and Ballad styles??? NO WAY!

Well, I'm pretty sure they at least will sound close to the T5, but most likely far better according to what we already have heard and seen by the videos released.
That said, the only way to verify, is when we got hands on the real thing or some more real good demovideos shows up.
Guess St.Claus working hard ...... 8)
GJ

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 06:34:56 PM »
As pointed out, thereís been no major presentation of the traditional styles on the Genos.  Maybe thatís deliberate----to portray a more contemporary, modern sound among arrangers.  But, thatís not what will get my attention or $$.  Maybe weíll see and hear a polka soon.  How about a bossa, a swing or shuffle tune, with a walking bass line? 

Offline Joe W

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2017, 07:07:57 PM »
Plenty of Voice and Style videos now:

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/audio_video.html#product-tabs

Also videos showing off new features on that page.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2017, 03:59:14 AM »
As pointed out, thereís been no major presentation of the traditional styles on the Genos.  Maybe thatís deliberate----to portray a more contemporary, modern sound among arrangers.  But, thatís not what will get my attention or $$.  Maybe weíll see and hear a polka soon.  How about a bossa, a swing or shuffle tune, with a walking bass line?

I think Yamaha try to reach a new group of users. The younger generation and also more of the songwriters.
They know what styles the "traditional Tyros users" asking for, and when see in specs there is 550 present in Genos, most likely 90% are tweaked and tuned "old stuff" and the rest newer genre. Most videos so far are probably to try tempt new users into the Yamaha road.
Someplace I did read that Yamaha was "forced" to release info earlier than they should because of leaked info. Maybe that's why more videos and datalist etc. still missing.
Styles are the most important for my way of use of an arranger as well, and there are no other manufacturer who can compete regarding the huge amount in the Yamaha library. If people are happy with the T5 or Yamaha arrangers generally, they most likely going to love the Genos and it's styles as well. 

Everybody knows I've not be the biggest fan of how Yamaha sounds out of the box, but this new machine start tempt me to take a real close look.
Maybe my ears need some cleaning, but to me Genos demoes sounds less CD'ish and more "soft & smooth" than T4/5.....?  :)

Edit:
Btw, I can see there are songs and styles already made for Genos, and demoes playback done using Genos.
http://www.camaro24.pl/en/genos,c200.html
(This Polish company also create styles for Yamaha sold at YamahaMusicSoft website)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 05:35:38 AM by Gunnar Jonny »
GJ

Offline Nemydom

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2017, 04:56:41 AM »
.... And Peter Baartmans is the best demonstrator for Yamaha Keyboards so far...

I would say the best demonstrator for Yamaha was always Bert Smorenburg. Just watch this unique presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGS_O0LRnCA
Peter Baartmans is a great demostrator, but I think Bert is just peerless!

Offline voodoo

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2017, 05:36:41 AM »
This demo is very cool and funny. :) :) :)
The moment when he applies overdrive to organ sound (at 1:40). :) :) :)
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline tyrosshar

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2017, 06:52:23 AM »
Nemydom agree forgot Bert Smorenburg and jp one of the best and funniest ;)

Online maartenb

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2017, 07:07:23 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2mih9SbGWc

This is a shameless copy of another video. The original from Kraft Music, with better video and only one ad (instead of 25) is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V75-aOKvL0U

Maarten