Author Topic: Genos Vocal Harmony Processor  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Marcus

Genos Vocal Harmony Processor
« on: October 06, 2017, 12:27:33 PM »
I was looking through the Genos Owners Manual, and checked the VH section. I was pleasantly pleased with the new design and interface over the Tyros VH2. The former Tyros VH2 wasn't actually that bad, but had a convoluted interface with hidden menus and settings the user had to edit. The Tyros Preset premise was not intuitive and the User had to choose in sub-menus whether they want vocoder, Chordal or mono vocoder VH control, which was not reflected in the VH names.

The Genos finally improved upon this, by adding color coded icons to the presets. A much better system for the user to tell exactly what VH type preset is Vocoder, Chordal etc. 

Yamaha obviously did some work to the VH processor and interface. The fact that VH preset types are better categorized is 100% better, plus the User can easier edit the preset and create an optimized User preset save.

Secondly, more VH preset types are included on the Genos. Evident by the names, they should sound really good and a hint that Yamaha did some major work to the VH processor section. New preset VH names like, EasyHarmony, BigHarmony, BigAcapella, LightHarmony, BigChoir and others.

We'll have to wait for the Genos Reference and Data Manuals to see what other new VH preset names were added. Overall I am quite pleased with these improvements. Can't wait to get my hands on a Genos or at least hear some VH demos.

Marcus
Gear: Triangle

The following users thanked this post: dragon, Keyboardist

Offline Bachus

Re: Genos Vocal Harmony Processor
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 12:30:39 PM »
According to Frank our favorite US resailer, yamaha said at the dealers show in New York that the VH had a major upgrade
Keyszone.boards.net for all the latest keyboard news and information.

Offline Marcus

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 12:32:54 PM »
According to Frank our favorite US resailer, yamaha said at the dealers show in New York that the VH had a major upgrade

Bachus!  :) :) :) :). Welcome back.

Marcus

Offline rimek72

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 03:50:43 AM »
I'm observing GENOS forum for a long time as a reader. started posting today.
I was planning to upgrade my Tyros4 to GENOS after first release I was a little bit lost as one my my criteria to change is better vocal module including vocal Harmony processor (harmony is one of the aspects here).

I was really worry that Yamaha officially says nothing about that part of the instrument, mutually assuming that not significant change (or even no change) to that part of the instrument.

I have see Frank's notice about VH, but nothing more.
on the top of better organizing VH menu can you see any sings of VH improvement?

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 08:27:36 PM »
Wonder why Yamaha doesn’t have at least one demonstrator, who sings well and who could put the Genos through its paces, clearly showing its use in a one man band setting?  Surely, Yamaha doesn’t expect all purchasers to be instrumental players only.

Offline rimek72

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 03:35:32 AM »
when I think about it in the context of entire presentation and fact that Yamaha asked to do not postpone demos prepared by Yamaha dealers (that definitely could show more than we have seen from Yamaha, or Kraft,...) I start to think that we are still in the middle of the game for introduction of Genos.
to be specific to vocal harmony, there could be two reasons:
  - no real change - than keep subject silent as long possible
  - no all player cards are uncovered until real instrument delivery to customers 
the second scenario is possible Yamaha's sells strategy to achieve
 - second waive of woo-ow effect if something not announced will be delivered, or
 - which could be more likely, Yamah's R&D is working on the final release of firmware. In my opinion many things could be adjusted by firmware when HW platform is built correctly, which I believe is Genos case (with present expected HW architecture and new audio module, they could  a lot just adjusting algorithms in firmware)

any way I will wait till this great froum will received first instruments and real feedback from forum experienced members will be provided on the top of traveling to a big music shop and touching  Genos by me  ;) 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:51:47 AM by rimek72 »

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 04:11:11 AM »
Wonder why Yamaha doesn’t have at least one demonstrator, who sings well and who could put the Genos through its paces, clearly showing its use in a one man band setting?  Surely, Yamaha doesn’t expect all purchasers to be instrumental players only.

Peter Baartmans occasionally lets rip with his vocals. He's a pretty decent singer. Perhaps he'll be tempted to treat us to his dulcet tones when he finally gets around to producing what I suspect is going to be the definitive introductory video guide to Genos.
Yamaha Tyros 5 | Roland A-800 Pro | Cubase 9 Elements | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape & Stylus RMX | Arturia Spark 2 | Yamaha APX 700II 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 07:26:28 AM »
You’re right.  I do recall Peter singing a little bit.  And, while we’re at it, how about a professional female arranger player/singer?  They must exist somewhere.  Wonder if any work for Yamaha?  Most videos seem to be male players.

Offline Del B

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 12:59:07 PM »
You’re right.  I do recall Peter singing a little bit.  And, while we’re at it, how about a professional female arranger player/singer?  They must exist somewhere.  Wonder if any work for Yamaha?  Most videos seem to be male players.

Have a listen to Susan Albers a very accomplished singer / songwriter/ Pianist / keyboardist and a demostrator for Yamaha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5wzCczI5Pc
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 01:14:14 PM by Del B »

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »
Del, I'm not sure what was used to record that You Tube performance with the T5, but it was very poor quality and made both her and the keyboard sound very thin.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Marcus

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 01:40:24 PM »
Del, I'm not sure what was used to record that You Tube performance with the T5, but it was very poor quality and made both her and the keyboard sound very thin.

Gary 8)
Have to be careful critiquing one's performance or giving professional constructive advice, because Allan-Russell was banned for less.

Marcus

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 07:38:20 PM »
Marcus, the big difference between me and Allan Russell is that I was not arrogant about my statement, and Allan was banned for a lot more than being arrogant. I was providing constructive criticism about the recording technique. That young lady probably has an incredible voice, and the T5 is a fantastic sounding keyboard, but neither sounded good on that video recording. It appeared to be recorded on someone's smart phone, which overall makes lousy audio recordings.

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: Ray

Offline Del B

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 11:33:57 PM »
Another Female singer/songwriter/ keyboardist is  Beth Neilsen Chapman in the link below is her take on the Genos on how it suits her needs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlYbQemvRkU

The purpose of the post is in response to "
And, while we’re at it, how about a professional female arranger player/singer?  They must exist somewhere.  Wonder if any work for Yamaha?  Most videos seem to be male players.

yes there are some female professional arranger players / singer songwriters all you have to do is search for them.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:42:07 PM by Del B »

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 06:04:38 AM »
Have a listen to Susan Albers a very accomplished singer / songwriter/ Pianist / keyboardist and a demostrator for Yamaha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5wzCczI5Pc

I can't decide whether the above video was recorded on a Maris Piper or a King Edward, but it was definitely a potato!  :o

Try this one (from time 3:50) if you want to get a better idea of Susan's voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPKozJbf9GY 

Regards

Ian

Offline maartenb

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 07:24:43 AM »
Two excellent videos of Peter Baartmans and Susan Albers...

Both are on a Tyros 4 and sound absolutely great. I was present when this was recorded. The two of them blew off the roof!

Enjoy,

Maarten

Offline Marcus

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 11:16:53 AM »
Marcus, the big difference between me and Allan Russell is that I was not arrogant about my statement, and Allan was banned for a lot more than being arrogant. I was providing constructive criticism about the recording technique. That young lady probably has an incredible voice, and the T5 is a fantastic sounding keyboard, but neither sounded good on that video recording. It appeared to be recorded on someone's smart phone, which overall makes lousy audio recordings.

All the best,

Gary 8)
Allan-Russel was the finest gentleman I came across in this forum. Very well spoken, polite and educated. His Tyros 5 arrangements were stellar. In fact the best I have ever heard from an arranger keyboard. He was a musician at the highest caliber, and I learned much from his input. Great loss to this forum and his knowledge and input in regards to composing multi-tracks, DAW integration with the Tyros 5, MIDI track editing, SA2 voicing and articulation, and programs like Sonar.

I followed the threads at the time he was banned last year, and saw no evidence of arrogance whatsoever. In fact he was dumbfounded to why he was banned being forced to another forum, with constructive advice just as innocent as suggesting a better recording technique (as in your post reply), just as Allan was pointing out important chord errors/omissions in a Standard piece of music, from the poster/player that did no favors to the soloist trying to sing to certain omissions in the chords and notes. I didn't see Allan's exact comments (advice), but it appears he was banned with no warnings or clarified explanation.

Bans from Allan and Bachus made no sense to me, plus the decision meant all your post information and sometimes high level contributions disappear as well. I cannot comment exactly on BABE's circumstances, because I only learned he was banned a while back with no details, but his/her posts and tutorials were very good.

If one is going to post their work or song on a forum, they better expect constructive criticism and perhaps advice from others who may hold a higher degree of knowledge or might have a genuine need to help out someone. I have worked with soloists and small ensembles for years, and you are doing no one a favor teaching them bad technique or with incorrect accompaniment to an original classical or standard arrangement. You can mash out some fairly incorrect resulting accompaniment from your arranger keyboard with bad chord fingering.

Allan can't defend himself here, but I saw not arrogance or absolutely nothing more beyond arrogance that justified a ban or even a warning (warnings which he never received anyway). Here is one of his Tyros 5 arrangements. He would of welcomed constructive criticism, but why not ban him, erase his posts, erase his linked arrangements, and belittle a fine gentleman, his work and his advice?

Somebody Loves Me.mp3
https://app.box.com/s/kejxx4z3gtqdek7iwjedf9rp0py4hywz

Imagine the Genos in the hands of this fine musician.

Marcus   

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 06:31:06 PM »
If one is going to post their work or song on a forum, they better expect constructive criticism and perhaps advice from others who may hold a higher degree of knowledge or might have a genuine need to help out someone.

This is true, but Allan's comments weren't constructive, they were destructive. When you get messages from members saying they were driven to tears by his comments, action needs to be taken for the good of the forum. Banning Allan resulted in the minimum number of people leaving the forum. He's welcome back if he can restrain himself to constructive, rather than destructive, criticism.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Ray

Offline Marcus

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 07:40:57 PM »
This is true, but Allan's comments weren't constructive, they were destructive. When you get messages from members saying they were driven to tears by his comments, action needs to be taken for the good of the forum. Banning Allan resulted in the minimum number of people leaving the forum. He's welcome back if he can restrain himself to constructive, rather than destructive, criticism.

Fred

"Allan's comments weren't constructive, they were destructive"? To whose viewpoint? It's the members driven to tears that have the issues or were lulled into a false reality over time. What about Allan's feelings? His don't count? His input into the forum don't count? His erased posts don't count?

Instead of a "like" button on each post, add a Participation Award Icon that can be clicked so no one's feelings are hurt.

Just in last defense of Allan, since some tears banished him. Here are his quotes from another forum.

Alan Russell (09/21/16 other forum ... different thread 2016)
"I was also banned. I made constructive critiques to a few regulars in the Song's Forum and some admin saw it as harrassment. I got clipped."

travlin'easy (09/21/16 other forum ... 2016)
"To my knowledge, no one has ever been banned from the PSR=tutorial site, or this site, for providing constructive criticism. Sorry, Alan, but there must have been something else. The moderators are very well qualified, both technically and musically, and I have never seen an instance where they have been unfair to any member. You really have to screw up big time to get banned."

Alan Russell (09/21/16 other forum ... 2016)
"I was only trying graciously to help others to grow musically but the Song's forum led by Rodger B. always tried to refute my suggestions to those members by telling them what their doing is good enough. I do believe he was the one who clipped me. There is no profanity or non constructive critiques in any of my posts to those members. This action on me was a poor decision."

Allan was "trying graciously to help others to grow musically". Does this sound like someone that meant in anyway to drive someone to tears? Wow, Allan was such a "destructive" gentleman?

Marcus

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 09:21:00 PM »
Hi Marcus,

Maybe Fred is more an FBI agent than a moderator ?
😄😄😄

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 09:26:51 PM »
Allan was "trying graciously to help others to grow musically". Does this sound like someone that meant in anyway to drive someone to tears? Wow, Allan was such a "destructive" gentleman?

From Allan-Russell: "Your playing was unfair to the gifts and talents of your singer".

Does that sound constructive to you?

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Bachus

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 09:39:55 PM »
From Allan-Russell: "Your playing was unfair to the gifts and talents of your singer".

Fred

That depends on what the next centence says...
You can’t base an opinion on a single sentence...
It however does sound harsh to give a comment like that...
But sometimes the truth is hard...
Atleast the comment was honest, why praise someone for something that isnt’t good..

This is one of the reasons, i never comment on someone’s musical skills..
Nor ask others to comment on mine..

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 12:31:01 AM »
I wonder if Fred decided to ban AR ...

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline EileenL

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 02:33:46 AM »
I think most players that post there songs on forums are looking for a pat on the back and not critique hence most reply's will be Lovely. Smashing. Great even when a lot are not.
  When commenting you also have to know if the member is a beginner and then maybe offer a few gentle little tips.
   When YPKO forum first starting asking for members to post there songs it was used for helping to improve performances so therefore constructive critique was welcome from the more advanced Players. It was also stated that it was not a stage for people just to post songs and then try and get as many posts by answering each comment individually.
   Forums in general are there to help us learn how to use our keyboards so why not help us to get a good performance to.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 04:35:17 AM »
I wonder if Fred decided to ban AR ...

I did not ban him.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 05:50:11 AM »
Allan was "trying graciously to help others to grow musically".

"graciously": That's pretty funny, Marcus. You obviously didn't read any of his posts.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 05:52:25 AM »
I think most players that post there songs on forums are looking for a pat on the back and not critique hence most reply's will be Lovely. Smashing. Great even when a lot are not.
  When commenting you also have to know if the member is a beginner and then maybe offer a few gentle little tips.
   When YPKO forum first starting asking for members to post there songs it was used for helping to improve performances so therefore constructive critique was welcome from the more advanced Players. It was also stated that it was not a stage for people just to post songs and then try and get as many posts by answering each comment individually.
   Forums in general are there to help us learn how to use our keyboards so why not help us to get a good performance to.

I agree completely, Eileen.

I remember a thread some time ago where we talked about the benefit of having separate song-posting forums. One for those who just want to post songs, and others who really want feedback. Then people would know what kind of comments to make. I still think it would be a good idea.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Marcus

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 06:17:03 AM »

Fred
If that quote was is authentic, maybe it was taken from an exchange between the two parties after perhaps Allan was insulted by his original attempt to be, "graciously to help others to grow musically". Working with Allan on an arrangement/vocal collaboration back and forth a while back, he was very professional and courteous. So I would doubt that was his quote/comment directly to a member's post (more like taken out of context from an exchange). Sounds more like a moderator issue, one sided or bias taken against someone who professionally knows more than someone who doesn't. If a certain group is being mollycoddled at the expense of others, all forum members loose out.

Knew something wasn't quite right last year, but only got bits and pieces. Eating away at me now because of Bachus's recent ban. How did his posts of professionalism or knowledge hurt anyone or be destructive? There are a lot of different kinds of musical/technical professionals drawn to Yamaha's arrangers among users at all levels, especially the TOTL Tyros and the new Genos. I guess best to keep clear of the song forum or someone might snap back.

Lots of lousy drivers out on the road, caused sometimes by well intended family members or friends passing their bad habits on instead of a professional instructor. If one was having just a fun Karaoke session or playing in an innocent sing-a-long, then no harm done to perhaps a young singer with potential. A young singer can pick up bad habits or completely have their sense of timing, pitch, harmony or musicality destroy by unknowingly trusting the accompanist adult keyboard player. I could see a cringe worthy performance urge or sway a bystander to maybe intervene and graciously or tactfully try to point this out. A potential powder-keg situation, but most time allowed to occur as not to hurt feelings.

Song Forum 
Marcus

Offline pjd

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2017, 07:19:11 AM »

Fred

Hmmmm. I'd say that it depends on how the person receiving the comment actually parses and understands it. And that may depend upon a person's 1st vs. 2nd language, culture and other factors.

Misinterpretation is certainly a risk in our international forum. Man, I've certainly seen attempts at humor (my own included) go completely flat. Criticism seems like an especially risky area.

Just a thought or two -- pj

Offline Bachus

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2017, 08:00:02 AM »

Makes me wonder how Allans ban is related to the Genos vocal processor?
And wondering if discussing it here out on the open adds anything?

If i look back at last week, and see how Joe H handled my case, i think discussing it with anyome else makes no sense.. 

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2017, 08:01:30 AM »
Marcus and others, there were many similar comments made by Alan and there were far more complaints than just that one. No one is suggesting that Alan was not a good musician and composer, and I listened to every song he posted and read every comment he made to others.

Alan was banned for a preponderance of posts, and he was frequently asked to calm down his responses and carefully read his posts before posting them on the forum - he, obviously, did not do this, or he just didn't care. No one on this forum would object to constructive criticism - at least no one has in all the years I have been here. Destructive comments, however, are very offensive, and anyone that persists in this practice would be banned from every music forum I know of.

BTW, Marcus, both you and Bachus frequent the Synthzone. Have you ever read the sticky by Nigel at the top of the forum page? Here it is - just in case you overlooked it:

I have had enough of childish bickering. If this is how you wish to treat eachother then that is fine .... but you won't be doing it on this forum. I and other members here are tired of it. I will ban you permanently and you can find somewhere else to do it. If you really need to argue do it via email or on another forum. And it's not because I am over sensitive it is just that conflict distracts the discussion. We simply don't need it ... don't want it.

If anyone attacks other members and finds they have been banned, don't expect notification from me about the ban. It is not open for discussion.

The above post is under the title of "Please discuss topics in a civil manner or more on."

No moderator on this, and any other forum I know of wants to wield the sword and indiscriminately ban someone willy-nilly. If they did they would not be a moderator  very long, at least I would hope that would be the case. Moderators are usually selected for there expertise in a specific area and their ability to provide technical and practical solutions to problems. Among their other duties is to put out fires, which infrequently flare up. Usually this is done by merely deleting an offending post, but even this practice is very sparingly used and more  often than not, used after extensive consultation with other moderators and the owner of the site.

This is not a perfect world, and moderators do not always have a perfect solution, therefore, the moderators do their very best to be objective in every instance. Over the years, we have been quite fortunate in that very, very few members have been permanently banned. This site prides itself in it's membership and moderators alike. There are lots of professionals here, not only professional musicians and entertainers, but the talents also include software engineers, singers, hardware engineers, and professionals from all walks of life. Consequently, they can contribute a wealth of information from all aspects of music, which makes this site one of the best on the internet for Yamaha arranger keyboard owners and players. It is not a site where moderators and the owner would allow anyone to sit behind their computer screen and castigate other people or the equipment they own or intend to purchase.

I know Alan and Babe had a few followers, WE ALL DO! However, the decision to ban is not taken lightly by anyone on this forum, and while one of the moderators jumped the gun with Bachus, this decision was quickly rectified and Bachus is back and free to contribute with his expertise and advice.

Hope this clears this matter up a bit for all involved,

Gary 8)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:02:40 AM by travlin-easy »
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: dtah80, maartenb

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2017, 08:03:45 AM »

Makes me wonder how Allans ban is related to the Genos vocal processor?
And wondering if discussing it here out on the open adds anything?

If i look back at last week, and see how Joe H handled my case, i think discussing it with anyome else makes no sense..

I agree wholeheartedly, Bachus.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Wally Z

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2017, 08:23:48 AM »
So far I've really learned nothing about the Genos VH other than it has one. Not often topics on here go this far off. Doesn't really matter I guess. I probably won't be buying one anyway. Would like to know what kind of recording and mixing stuff it has. To me that's one of the most important part of an arranger keyboard.
Amateur- A person who engages in a study, sport, or other activity for pleasure rather than for financial benefit or professional reasons.
Here's some of my compositions.
https://soundcloud.com/wallyzel/sets/musical-thoughts-1

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2017, 08:34:44 AM »
Wally, from what I have read thus far, it appears that the audio recorder is the same as it is in my S-950 - not a multitrack audio recorder. I absolutely love the recorder in mu S-950 - it does an outstanding job and is quite easy to use.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Bachus

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2017, 11:01:41 AM »
According to Heidrun from the German soundwonderland.de the VH2 is exactly the same as the Tyros 5...  they only changed the presets according to her..

This would make your excisting presets still sound the same...
Also the soundwomderland presets for tyros5 will work on the Genos

Offline Marcus

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2017, 11:32:02 AM »
So far I've really learned nothing about the Genos VH other than it has one. Not often topics on here go this far off. Doesn't really matter I guess. I probably won't be buying one anyway. Would like to know what kind of recording and mixing stuff it has. To me that's one of the most important part of an arranger keyboard.

Yamaha adding color coded icons to the Genos presets. A much better system for the user to tell exactly what VH type preset is Vocoder, Chordal etc. 

New preset VH names like, EasyHarmony, BigHarmony, BigAcapella, LightHarmony, BigChoir and others. So it is an assumption that the vocal processor was improved or at least expanded upon.

It appears that Yamaha did respond to previous wish lists and concerns, added Phantom power for condenser type mics. A more sensitive mic would require a better or cleaner VH processor to minimize the typical VH artifacts in the processed sound that is typically found in VH processing. I would think if Yamaha went through the trouble with these known changes, then more than likely more VH surprises or improvements to be known. Even if we had the full specs and details, actual Genos VH demos would have to be done to "hear" the differences over the previous VH2. However to Heidrun's ears (see Bachus post above), it is the same VH2, but I would have to try it myself to be sure.

I am sure the mixing and recording features would be up to studio levels in quality. Even if VH isn't used in a vocal, a nice condenser studio mic on top of quality EQs, compression, noise gate, DSPs and effects to your vocals would be outstanding. Just as the Tyros 5, you can add a stereo audio input to the Genos AUX-IN and add to overall Genos mix. Record to the on-board Genos Audio Recorder or send a high quality audio output to an external recorder.

Not sure what Gary means about not being a Multi-track recorder as on his S-950, but should at least be similar to the Tyros 5 Multitrack recorder, if not better, especially with the new Sliders and knobs.

I appreciate those who took the time to make the issues clearer regarding certain bans, and apologize if this caused the topic to stray off course too far or feelings were hurt. Always two sides to a story.

Marcus 

The following users thanked this post: dtah80

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2017, 03:12:39 PM »
Marcus, I stand corrected and, obviously, misread the owner's manual. The T5 onboard recorder is multi-track and can be fully edited, which is something that cannot be done on the S-950, which is a one shot audio recorder. So, lots more options to consider and work with, especially for someone who is a home/studio player.

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...