Author Topic: New pictures  (Read 3246 times)

Offline Joe H

Re: New pictures
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2017, 05:35:27 PM »
Orgaforum does not waste time, already took the images here and made the video!
At the speed of light!

Enildo

In another week or so he won't be able to make any more money off of the Genos release.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Joe H

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2017, 05:48:19 PM »
Am I being wrong or am I seeing many people disappointed at first look? Lol
 ;D ;D ;D

Enildo

I think it's more of a case of poor marketing.  Look how there are leaks every week...  coincidence?  Hardly.

And Yamaha do make mistakes.  This will not be the first time they got some things wrong.  Yamaha know better than to design a keyboard that forces everyone to use it in the same way.     :(    :(    :(

The beauty of the Tyros and current PSR S series is that we have options on not only how we construct our work flow, but how we choose to use the keyboard.

Example:  I do things not many others on this forum do... like create styles and Multi Pads and arrangements using up to 16 registrations.  And on the other hand I don't play oldies, do covers or entertain and have never touched certain features that do not serve my interests.

Joe H
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:51:35 PM by Joe H »

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2017, 06:16:13 PM »
Presumably the keyboard in the picture is very new. Am I the only person who thinks the touch screen is already getting oily fingerprints in certain spots? Maybe Yamaha or some third party will create a plastic screen protector for it?
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2017, 10:51:45 PM »
Today I have seen the Genos photos again and again ...
I must admit I like the Tyros design much more ...🐸

I am disappointed and may hope the Genos sound quality and extra features will convince me to change my mind.🐻

Jeff

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2017, 12:53:51 AM »
Today I have seen the Genos photos again and again ...
I must admit I like the Tyros design much more ...🐸

I am disappointed and may hope the Genos sound quality and extra features will convince me to change my mind.🐻

Jeff
When Rover stopped production it left their Rover 75 still looking quite modern to this day.
Cars only look old when they are replaced by a new model.
This will be the same for Tyros, once you have got used to Genos, the Tyros range will look old fashioned and outdated. Dont worry, after a four year brake, since T5, it will blow you away.
Current Yamaha GENOS + GNS MS01
with 2 Yamaha MSR100 Speakers

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2017, 02:37:15 AM »
It's a nice looking instrument, however I'm just slightly disappointed as I expected the styling - especially from Yamaha - to be more 'out there' and radical, just as the T1 was. But then again, life is full of compromises and you can't please everyone. The way it looks wouldn't put me off buying one, I was just hoping for something a little more special. Personally I'd like to see one finished in white. Yes, white! Would look more living room-friendly. Maybe there will be a limited edition at some point in the future. Glad to see a touch screen at last, many have asked me asked why my T3 has buttons instead of a touch screen . . .

I mentioned on another thread that I think that the Genos is going to look better on a stage than in one's living room / home. I reckon this is still the case, in as much that the dark grey finish gives a far more professional look than the previous silver of the Tyros.
Keyboards: Tyros 3, Roland E-70.

Organs: Yamaha HS8, Yamaha D-85, Technics U90 Pro, Wersi Helios W2S.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2017, 02:58:58 AM »
When Rover stopped production it left their Rover 75 still looking quite modern to this day.
Cars only look old when they are replaced by a new model.
This will be the same for Tyros, once you have got used to Genos, the Tyros range will look old fashioned and outdated. Dont worry, after a four year brake, since T5, it will blow you away.

Thank god you did not get a Marina :o Flamin rust buckets!! :o

The only great thing about Rover was   "we got a lot of sleep on Nightwork shifts"!!! ;D   "I can now get 25% discount on BMW'S"
Rover , that was the good old days!!" It was play time In there "!!    :o :P :-X :)
Things we got up to In there. ::)   Today we would of been sacked a million times"!!!    ::)

It was also equivlent to 28 years inside prison, so we had to amuse ourselves. :o The money was the best thing :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:10:44 AM by ugawoga »

Offline Lloyd E

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2017, 04:17:13 AM »
Lots of remarks, both good and bad.  You can't please everyone and no matter what the keyboard looks like
we still have those who don't like it.  I believe that this board will sell like hotcakes and will please the majority
of players.  This pre-guessing game is really quite silly !   Lloyd
Music is the way to go

The following users thanked this post: stephenm52

Offline voodoo

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2017, 04:38:30 AM »
I don't see any dedicated buttons to turn style parts On and Off.  Too much dependency of the touch screen... not good.

You are right, the buttons below the screen are missing. But I think that they are replaced completely by on screen buttons. On the PSR-S the buttons only work after pressing "channel on/off". So there will be a similar function in the touch screen. I hope....
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2017, 04:40:53 AM »
MR GENOS     get the T shirt now 7.99  send to USA ,Customs price  120 8)
                                How would you like a personalized mug ::) :P Could be re-arranged  :o
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 05:07:11 AM by ugawoga »

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2017, 05:07:57 AM »
Lots of remarks, both good and bad.  You can't please everyone and no matter what the keyboard looks like
we still have those who don't like it.  I believe that this board will sell like hotcakes and will please the majority
of players.  This pre-guessing game is really quite silly !   Lloyd

Lloyd I agree.   The look of it resembles the Korg Pa4x, in my opinion looks like Yamaha may have taken a play from Korg and that is a good thing.
GENOS, Clavinova CVP 307, PSR s970, Korg Pa4x-76

Steve's Genos Recordings

Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Enildo

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2017, 05:51:21 AM »
I think it's more of a case of poor marketing.  Look how there are leaks every week...  coincidence?  Hardly.

And Yamaha do make mistakes.  This will not be the first time they got some things wrong.  Yamaha know better than to design a keyboard that forces everyone to use it in the same way.     :(    :(    :(

The beauty of the Tyros and current PSR S series is that we have options on not only how we construct our work flow, but how we choose to use the keyboard.

Example:  I do things not many others on this forum do... like create styles and Multi Pads and arrangements using up to 16 registrations.  And on the other hand I don't play oldies, do covers or entertain and have never touched certain features that do not serve my interests.

Joe H

I agree with you Joe!
When the yamaha launched the PSR 520/620 series a lot of people preferred the old PSR 510 because it could program.
But my opinion is that we have to wait and see how it will be.
The new always brings resistance from the old minds.
Maybe one day we'll be looking back and wondering how archaic was the way we played our old keyboards.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Marcus

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2017, 06:27:41 AM »
Personally, I see no resemblance between the Genos, korg or Technics except they are all black in panel color. What I see is a combination of the TOTL Tyros and a TOTL Yamaha synth models. Probably because that it what Yamaha did, combine taking the best unified concepts from an arranger and a synth and creating a new beast. It works for me, and could appreciate the tools and assets from each concept into my arranging, composing, sound creation and ultimate live performances. The sound quality and processing power should be mind-blowing to say the least.

Extremely excited. The rumored spec seem mostly legit. Mind-boggling with the potential based on those upgrades and specs. Can't wait to hear the beast and see it in action. Love Yamaha taking the leading role with each new product. Great input and knowledge from all in this forum. Greatly appreciated and enjoy very much.

Regards, Marcus 

Gear: Triangle
"Extremely Happy with Genos"

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2017, 07:51:31 AM »
IT'S THE                     TECHNICS    KN2000      :o

If you take speaker grills away ,you have the Genos
B***R the floppy Disc
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:57:12 AM by ugawoga »

Offline torben

« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2017, 08:30:39 AM »
Hi guys

Sorry if this is not unknown to you - I am a little lost at the moment being on holiday in Spain - but look and listen here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ue5TP-kEr3o

Kind regards

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is Genos !

Offline maartenb

« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2017, 08:31:34 AM »
Orgaforum.

Maarten

Offline voodoo

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2017, 08:35:52 AM »
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2017, 08:56:56 AM »
In a few days, just a few days, all this speculation will come to a grinding halt, and then we will begin a new journey as to the virtues & pitfalls (real) of the mighty Genos! Really looking forward to it with baited breath!

:)

Uday

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2017, 09:05:10 AM »
Yes UDAY :-)

The G Show started already for the dealers all over the world. (Pic from maybe Bremen Show? I think In Front Roman Sterzik)
In the WEB on 2.October
In the local Shows for all customers 4.Nov.

So just days  :-)

greetings frank .. already played G it so Im cooler *gg*
Genos and Tyros Support in Germany - Europe with more than
160 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at home!

Offline valio7771

« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2017, 09:24:07 AM »
I share your disappointment.  Looks like one arpeggiator... but we will have to see if the harmony Arp button leads to a Menu of something more substantial than the S970.   The arp can be assigned to R1, R2 or both.   The MX61 is bottom of the line Motif series and boasts 2 live arpeggiators at a price of $450.00 USD.

Lets hope there is a substantial increase in the number of arps on the Genos.  The S970 has only 163.   And the $450.00 MX keyboard comes with 999 arps.  This is why I bought a Motif Rack XS... I can play the 6033 arps on the  S970 R1 or R2 channel... probably could route it to Left Voice if I wanted to.

I also agree with your issue on center-detent pots vs. rotary encoders which are far superior.  The LED display will help I'm sure.  So we will have to wait and see if Yamaha incorporated encoder code for the 9 Faders.  This is also important because that kind of firmware code eliminates "jumps" in the current setting when we want to adjust a parameter.

One of my disappointments with the S970 is there should be a popup dialog appear on screen when adjusting the 2 Live Control knobs.  this would allow us to know the actual value of the parameter we are adjusting.  Also knob values saved in each registration.  These could be fixed with a firmware update... but no, Yamaha don't do that... they save it for the next model.

Joe H
I'm slightly disappointed that they went for potentiometers instead of rotary encoders. Also the disproportioned number of knobs VS sliders....WHY? Just make it 6 and 6, or 9 and 9.

It was about time, and in my opinion Yamaha prolonged way too much the implementation of the touch screen, it should have been available since T4 or even earlier, considering the competition has it even before the release of T4, so to me it was clear that the following model after the T5 will have touch screen, but damn those potentiometers...they aren't as practical as the rotary encoders and are less mechanically reliable too.

I know that asking for motorized sliders may be a bit much, but still, I believe it wouldn't have increased the price by huge amount, and having them in Genos would have been such a great thing. At least all those sliders and knobs are going to be assignable by the look of those pictures, the question now is how limited we're gonna be in therms of number of possible parameters that can be assigned on them, or will it be possible to have a fixed setting for each one of them, regardless of what's currently displayed on the screen.
Wonder what those 6 assignable buttons 'main idea' Yamaha think is gonna be?!

Offline Kari V

« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2017, 10:02:16 AM »

So only a few days to wait before we (hopefully) hear whether something similar or near to this can be
achieved using the Genos:

Luis Fonsi - Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJQP7kiw5Fk

At least I noticed the reggaeton style there.

Compare this to the video made using two of the best arrangers currently:

Despacito (Luis Fonsi) - Burschi1977 Cover Tyros 5/PA4x
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pXNAio9dMU

Obviously there's room for improvement.

The following users thanked this post: Mike W

Offline valio7771

« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2017, 11:44:19 AM »
So only a few days to wait before we (hopefully) hear whether something similar or near to this can be

Did you made that style, and can I have it to? Please :)

Offline Kari V

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2017, 12:14:03 PM »
Did you made that style, and can I have it to? Please :)

Well, you can have it by buying the Genos  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Joe H

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2017, 12:28:25 PM »

Really nice sound and very well played.

8)

Joe H

Offline Kari V

« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2017, 02:07:04 PM »
@Kari V

Hi,

you can buy some "Reggaeton" Styles on Yamaha MusicSoft:

https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/btreggaeton-6

https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/corazon-pop-5

https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/straightreggaeton-6

https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/lazy-latin-5

Best Regards,
Chris

Thanks for the information.

However, I intend to buy the Genos first.  ;D

Let's see whether I have any money left after that.

Edit: I listened to the mp3 recording of those and they didn't sound too bad. However, no Genos version is available (yet).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:40:12 PM by Kari V »

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2017, 01:10:10 AM »
I like the new look - very professional, puts the Genos into the 'serious studio workstation' camp on looks alone. Now I've just got to hear this thing in action.
Yamaha Genos | Roland A-800 Pro | Cubase 9 Elements | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape & Stylus RMX | Arturia Spark 2 | Yamaha APX 700II 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Offline maartenb

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2017, 01:27:00 AM »
I agree. The Genos looks great and professional!

Have you seen the left and right sides of the Genos? They are awesome! The sides are recessed, so from the side the Genos doesn't look massive at all. It seems like the black top just floats... Just wow!

(You can see this in the first "show" picture of this thread. You barely see the sides. This is by design!)

Maarten

Offline kla4

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2017, 02:04:08 AM »
@ Maarten :

Better view on the Genos side(s).

The rear connections now are located higher (easy to find) in the housing
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:20:17 AM by kla4 »
Genos, Viscount Legend Live,  Cubase 9, MSP7's, SW10, QU-16, Bose L1's, EV 18"sub

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2017, 11:16:36 AM »
I like how the connections on the back of the Genos don't have a little "shelf" (plastic lip) above them, which the Tyros has.  It looks like it will be easier to see "where to plug your cables in" on the Genos. 

-Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff