Author Topic: what piano sound is this?  (Read 877 times)

Offline luismaster01

what piano sound is this?
« on: September 14, 2017, 02:50:28 AM »
Hello everyone!
I've been listening to this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lfyRmY7OM&pbjreload=10
and I can see that the piano sounds very different from the piano that always shows peter bartmaans
is it an expansion?
I personally do not like the piano by tyros5, I prefer the motif ...
but the one in this video if I was impressed! has low, medium, or is it equalized by a mixer, can someone tell me?
regards!

Offline dihelson

Re: what piano sound is this?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 08:27:33 AM »
Hello everyone!
I've been listening to this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lfyRmY7OM&pbjreload=10
and I can see that the piano sounds very different from the piano that always shows peter bartmaans
is it an expansion?
I personally do not like the piano by tyros5, I prefer the motif ...
but the one in this video if I was impressed! has low, medium, or is it equalized by a mixer, can someone tell me?
regards!

I don´t know what, but certainly it´s one of the most beautiful I´ve ever heard. May be he´s using KONTAKT.
Time doesn´t matter. What matter most is how you live your little minutes. You´re unique amongst 7 billion people living on this planet. Live well !

Offline Tyros Trax

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 08:31:39 AM »
If I remember correctly, it starts with Hyper and is found in the Electric Piano's section.

Offline Tyros Trax

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 08:34:33 AM »
HyperTines, that's it. It was on the original Tyros kb.

Online Marcus

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 06:13:32 AM »
Not sure what exact piano voices were being used in the video, but "HyperTines" can be found in the Tyros 5 Legacy folder under the Electric Piano category.

In most of Peter Baartmans Tyros demos, he uses his own registrations with edited piano voices to spruce up the sound for a more dynamic performance. I tweaked all my Tyros 5 piano voices in Voiceset and the Mixing Console before saving to a Custom Voice folder. My registration voice banks now are linked to those modified Left Hand, RH 1,2,3 piano voices and of course other voices.

As far as Tyros 5 default piano voices within styles, MIDI/Demo Songs or Multipads, they sound very authentic in the mix. Generally Yamaha adds nice Mixing Console editing and DSPs effects to the piano voices in the styles and such, but fairly bland for the Part Select piano. It is up to the user to adjust to suit. Check out some of the pianos linked to the OTS of a style. Yamaha will generally embellish those with better mixing and DSP effects.

Marcus
Gear: Triangle

Offline dihelson

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 10:56:03 PM »

I was talking about the acoustic piano ( the second one ) used. Very beautiful. It´s so fantastic, looks like KONTAKT pianos. Anybody know it ?
Time doesn´t matter. What matter most is how you live your little minutes. You´re unique amongst 7 billion people living on this planet. Live well !

Offline luismaster01

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 11:20:51 PM »
I was talking about the acoustic piano ( the second one ) used. Very beautiful. It´s so fantastic, looks like KONTAKT pianos. Anybody know it ?
yea, me too. also i talking of the second piano (acoustic) its bery beautiful!.