Author Topic: Revoicing S970 styles live with Cubase  (Read 290 times)

Offline g9j

Revoicing S970 styles live with Cubase
« on: September 13, 2017, 03:14:12 AM »
Hi,
I'm an old PSR user but new to this forum. I use the S970 almost like for a one man band performance. I am keen on widening the possibilities with the keyboard styles while playing live. I'd like to connect the S970 via midi and revoice the instruments via Cubase and Reason. I have seen the templates posted but have not been able to make any progress.

I request any member to make a clear cut video of how to connect the s970 to Cubase to playback styles live. I need to see the MIDI settings... the right settings since I have not been able to get anywhere.

I am aware of Joe's Cubase style templates. Would it be better if I used a mid level sound card.

Once again my objective is to enhance the sound of the Yamaha styles while playing live.

My other intention was to figure out how to link two s970s in a way that transpose changes in the master will reflect in the slave. Sometimes we use two keyboards and if one transposes the other guy has to figure it out. One way is to project the screen of the master keyboard but my also interested in automation.

Many thanks in advance!

Offline DrakeM

Re: Revoicing S970 styles live with Cubase
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 05:14:51 AM »
I don't understand why you are using 3rd software to change your style Live. To me, you should be setting up your  "enhanced sound" into the style before hand. This can be done using the keyboard only by having TWO separate styles. The first style NOT enhanced and the second one Enhanced. Then you can use a REGISTRATION to change between the two versions of the style. Two separate styles gives you 8 different Pattern set ups.

For that matter you can set up 8 styles in this manner and that would give you 32 different style setups.

Just an idea and an easier way to do it, I would think.

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:18:38 AM by DrakeM »

Offline g9j

Re: Revoicing S970 styles live with Cubase
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 06:25:03 AM »
Sounds interesting Drake... I will try this out. Thank you!