Author Topic: Saving Certain Registrations from Premium Paks  (Read 482 times)

Offline tyrosrick

Saving Certain Registrations from Premium Paks
« on: September 12, 2017, 10:01:36 AM »
I'm hitting a brick wall in how to save registration banks and/or individual regs that came with the Entertainer 2016 and Celtic Premium Paks. I want to save just one of these registrations to another of my own registration banks, and I have no problem renaming and saving any regs that I have compiled. However, when I try to save any of the regs 1 thru 8 from the Entertainer or Celtic paks, there is no 'save' option on the screen as it's grayed out, there is only a 'delete' option. I've tried every combination of buttons, but it doesn't allow me to 'save' like I can on any other reg bank or regs that I've created. Any help is appreciated here.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:02:56 AM by tyrosrick »
Current Gear: Tyros 5 76 key, and a whole lot of ambition.
Past Gear: Motif XF6, and a whole lot of frustration.
and.....Magnus Chord Organ (when I was 10!)

Offline Helmer dk.

Re: Saving Certain Registrations from Premium Paks
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »
You can freeze each registration buttons from Premium pack, and then save the freeze button in to your own registration. Please note the freeze group setting, you have to check mark all the wanted things to freeze.

Offline Marcus

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 01:22:21 PM »
Call up the registration, which is inside the Entertainer or Celtic Premium Pack. If you want to copy to your Tyros 5 HD, just tab up and exit the Expansion folder. You should be able to save a copy of that registration anywhere you want. It just remains grayed out while trying to save within the Expansion folder.

Marcus

The following users thanked this post: terryB

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 02:35:35 PM »
What is meant by "call up" the expansion folder? Do you mean the files in the expansion manager on my computer, or the HDD I can see on my computer when using the USB, or somewhere else like on the T5?

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 03:23:18 PM »
I don't know if there are restrictions on saving registrations from Tyros5 Premium Packs, but I would be surprised if there are, unless you are trying to save back into the 'Expansion' folder on the T5's hard drive!

However it seems to me that you simply want to add the settings from one or more buttons in one registration bank (in this case a Premium Pack bank) to a different bank. 

If this is the case then all you need to do is the following, but you need to do this one 'button' at a time!:

*Load the bank containing the ones that you want to copy and select the first button that you want to copy from that bank.  This will set up the keyboard with all the settings memorised in that button.

Important - do not press any more registration buttons or panel buttons/sliders etc. that would change any of the settings!

Now load the registration bank that you want to copy these settings into, and memorise them into one of the (empty?) buttons in this bank, making sure that all the relevant Groups are checked in the 'Group Select' list on the 'Registration Memory Contents' display, just as if you were memorising a setup of your own.

Save the bank to make the changes permanent. after making sure that all the relevant Groups are checked in the 'Group Select' list on the 'Registration Memory Contents' display.

If you want to transfer another button's contents from the same, or even a different Premium Pack bank, repeat the procedure from * above,  remembering each time to save the bank after you modify it.

This procedure really is simpler than it sounds so give it a try, but you might want to backup the relevant banks to a different folder on the hard drive or to USB before starting.

Note that you do not need to, and should not use the 'Freeze' button with the above procedure!

You could also do this on a computer with a suitable program, but if you want to do it on the keyboard, the above is the way to do it.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:21:16 PM by tyrosaurus »

The following users thanked this post: tyrosrick

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 05:52:00 PM »
Thx Ian, I'll try this.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 06:34:44 PM »
I have modified the procedure in my previous reply, so please look at it again - I was obviously in the early stages of 'brain fade' (sometimes referred to as a 'senior moment'  :-[ ::) :'() when I posted the original!

You can play safe and initially select every group if you want to when you memorise a setup.  If you later find that some parameters that you don't want to include are being memorised in the registration, you can always load the bank, select the relevant button and memorise it again but without the group containing the 'offending parameter' checked in the'Group Select' list.

Apologies for any confusion caused!

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: tyrosrick

Offline Marcus

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 07:42:36 PM »
What is meant by "call up" the expansion folder? Do you mean the files in the expansion manager on my computer, or the HDD I can see on my computer when using the USB, or somewhere else like on the T5?
Hi Tyrosrick
My previous explanation was referring to the Registrations on the Tyros 5, not on your computer. I have the Celtic pack and the same registrations you have. When you call up (select) a registration from an installed pack on your Tyros 5, you access it from the Expansion folder. While accessed from the Expansion folder, no editing or saves can be done, as a protection from altering files loaded to your Expansion folder. All the edit options are grayed out (see photo 1).

What you have to do is re-save the registration bank "outside" the Expansion folder. Tab up (see bottom arrow in photo 1). Pressing Tab up 2X will bring you outside the Expansion folder into the root of your Tyros 5 HD. In (photo 2), you can see my 4 default Registration saves located after all my HD folders. Notice now, all your editing options are not grayed out anymore. In (Photo 2) press save (see arrow), and save the Celtic pack registration you wish to use, modify further or add to other user registration memory buttons.

Once I copied and saved the Registration Bank I wish to use or edit further (see photo 3), I am free to edit whatever I want to the "Airs & Laments" registration (which was re-saved outside the protected Expansion folder). Do the same for the Entertainer regs, re-save them to a location outside the Expansion Folder. Just make sure you now selected that reg (saved outside the expansion folder), so that you are exited from the identical reg that was initially loaded and now active within the reg bank outside the expansion folder. Hope my explanation made sense.

Regards, Marcus

(note: The Tyros 5 is still the top arranger keyboard in the world, at least until the Genos is released. Amazingly no one (other brands) has caught up to the Tyros 5, never mind adding the Genos to the mix.)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 07:46:03 PM by Marcus »

The following users thanked this post: terryB, tyrosrick

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 02:39:48 AM »
Thank you, thank you Marcus for your step-by-step instructions...you 'da man! And I certainly agree Tyros 5 is the top cat around here. In fact, next to my wife (don't tell her), my T5 is the love of my life, and no pretty-faced Genos will EVER turn my head from her; besides, she's probably gonna be a high priced babe as well (the Genos, I mean).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:11:29 AM by tyrosrick »

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 02:42:47 AM »
Also, a thx to tyrosaurus for another go at the info ;)

Offline terryB

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 01:37:48 AM »
Thanks Tyrosrick for this question, and Marcus for the detailed solution. It was an issue which bugged me that I could not put expansion pack registrations into my registration files on the user drive. I thought it was a Yamaha protection thing.

Cheers
Terry