Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 242 times)

Offline Laurie81

Hi Everyone
« on: September 12, 2017, 06:59:15 AM »
I 'm an 81 year old male and lives in Bedford UK.
I play any piece of music that has a nice melody and harmonies. Not necessarily just the 'oldies'
I have been an organ / keyboard fanatic from the age of 12. In the early days it was a really old harmonium which you had to pedal very fast as there was a leak in the bellows.
Thankfully times have changed over the years. My latest collection consists of a Yamaha Tyros5-76, an HX1, a PSR7000, a Technics KN2000 and a Korg MicroArranger. Any of these can be connected by midi through a series of switch boxes.
I have a sheet music collection of around 2000 scores and most of them are now stored on a 20" HP Rove tablet using the ' Power Music Pro ' program.This gives about an A4 size sheet with 2 pages per screen. Page turning is done by touch screen or foot switch.
I can also select any one of three amplifiers. These consist of a Yamaha TRS-MS05, a pair of Proel 12HBA powered speakers and, my favourite, a pair of Quad 11 valve amplifiers.
Kind regards to fellow members
Laurie81

Offline Toril S

Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 07:10:01 AM »
Hello, Laurie81, and welcome to this wonderful forum.
A nickname for harmonium here in Norway is Psalm Bicycles, because you had to "cycle" with your feet rather rapidly to get enough air. I saw one yesterday in a store, and wished I had room for it at home, but, alas, I have not :) I look forward to hearing your music. Please post :) I am an amateur musician who plays a PSR 2100. Upgrading to a newer model soon. Best regards :)
Toril S

Online Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 01:22:53 PM »
Hi Laurie,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  You have a most interesting musical biography.  I enjoyed reading about your interests and the instruments you use to produce your music.

You'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter Derkx (XeeniX), which presently contains 41,000+ song titles in 670 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We're so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  There are many members here who are always willing and eager to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Linda K

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 01:17:14 AM »
Welcome Laurie ;D ;D

Linda

Online MINKYCATS

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 02:32:34 AM »
Welcome Laurie,

You have a very intetesting musical background and will find many interesting topics and post here.

The guys and gals are fantastic and all are so very helpful.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

Online Ben46

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 02:38:41 AM »
Hi Laurie,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your detailed introduction.
I wish you a nice time here

Regards
Ben
For more music please visit my website.
BENSEL MUZIEK