Author Topic: multi styles gain control  (Read 155 times)

Offline Ricrob

multi styles gain control
« on: September 11, 2017, 02:13:36 PM »
Many thanks to so many on this forum with their knowledge and their willingness to share.
I have downloaded many styles over the years and I have started to review some of them which I haven't used in a long time. Some are high volume, some low volume. I realize they can be adjusted on the keyboard but on a one by one basis.
I use the MP3 function on the 950 quite often and use a MP# gain control to balance the volumes at a set level I can adjust. Many, up to hundreds, can be adjusted in minutes.
Was wondering if one of the programs in the "utility" section could do the same with styles - that is adjusting many styles with one input?
Many thanks
Rich

Offline MBedesem

Re: multi styles gain control
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 05:02:15 PM »
Rich:

Yamaha created styles are usually well balanced in volume with the other style files. But midi fies, especially those created on diffrent instuments are often much louder ( 100 average vs the 60 average for Yamaha). Styles from other instruments may also have unusual volume balance.

The program MixMaster (http://psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html ) has a Multi Process View which enables you to process many files at once for a variety of characteristics. Volume is one of them. The processed files are placed in a folder of your choice so you do not overwrite the originals. 

Not hard to use. Open the program and click on the MultiProcess button in the File box.

For more auto editing options for a single file, Open the file then press MultiProcess.

Or Open the file and depress one of the View buttons for extensive options on specific items (notes, velocity, voices, volume, controllers,...)

Hope this is of some assistance.

regards,

Michael

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 05:09:14 PM by MBedesem »
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline Ricrob

Re: multi styles gain control
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 01:54:51 PM »
Michael,
Thanks so much for your reply. I think the Mixmaster program is exactly what I'm looking for.
Rich