Author Topic: TYROS 4 Question?....  (Read 379 times)

Online Halesowen Kid

TYROS 4 Question?....
« on: September 10, 2017, 10:51:59 AM »
Hi Guys,

I've noticed on my Tyros 4 when playing tunes, at the odd times now and again a few keyboard notes are very quiet or no sound at all is produced. This happens when I've chosen a style and switching between the "Main Varient" buttons A,B,C & D.

Any ideas please and can you identify the problem for me with advise what the solution is.

I look forward to your replies.

Regards,

Mike

Offline Paula

Re: TYROS 4 Question?....
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 11:58:09 AM »
Sorry to hear of your problem, is it the same notes(keys) each time?  Is it RH notes? if so The problem may be the rubber contact strip.. I  did a video on you tube for replacing the strip on Tyros 4. Good luck
Craig
You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1xEYzY5g_0Nd5G9TkMY6mA/videos
Tyros 4 and Bose L1 Mod 2 w/tonematch
PSR S970

Online Halesowen Kid

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 12:51:21 PM »
Thanks for your reply Paula, yes it's the RH notes but not always the same note. If I stop the style the note(s) plays as it should....

Offline Paula

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 02:14:03 PM »
 :) :)
Hi Mike
 first on my T4 I had 1 note that  some times would play and then quit (Craig) put the new rubber contact in that was not a fix, I worked around it and used the upper octave it was a pain, a couple of months later 6 keys went out all right next to the one that was not  working, Craig figured it was the circuit board under those none working keys so he ordered that circuit board yes sir that was a fix no problems T4 is back and new again
  hope you can find your problem
You Tube
PSR S970

The following users thanked this post: Halesowen Kid

Offline Paula

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 02:27:43 PM »
 are you using the ots link the one that sets your  RH sounds to the style? that panel is your style control button and sets you RH sounds ,it sounds that maybe that could be a problem ,shut that OTS link off change styles as well as change to different RH  voices your self and see if that helps
    Paula
You Tube
PSR S970

Offline Ray Eyden

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 02:37:15 PM »
Hi Mike

Another possible cause could be if you are using downloaded styles rather than the inbuilt ones when you have the problem.

If this is the case have a look what voice is set for the OTS and what volume it is set to
If the style is for a different keyboard you might not have the exact intended voice, try changing the voice and see if it helps.

:)
All the Best
Ray

Derby England

Offline Paula

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 02:47:50 PM »
 Hi Mike
 Craig just looked it up and there is also a circuit board for that OTS link it would not surprise me if that circuit board is acting up ,if it keeps it up  you may want to try and change it , or some how clean the circuits.
  check out Rays views also :)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 02:49:27 PM by Paula »
You Tube
PSR S970

Online Roger Brenizer

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 03:59:21 PM »
I seriously doubt it's a hardware problem, Mike.  I suspect Ray has identified your problem.  You can test this by playing your on-board T4 styles and selecting the 4 variations to see if the sound diminishes.  If not, load a style that you've obtained from the forum, not specifically made for your T4, and select the 4 variations once again.  I know you've downloaded a lot of these.  If the sound diminishes, then Ray hit the nail on the head.  If not, well, back to the drawing board.  LOL!!!

You may also want to check your Style Touch settings.  Please refer to pages 36 & 37 of the Tyros 4 Reference manual.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Online Halesowen Kid

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 12:04:54 AM »
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your swift responses, appreciated.

Thinking of it, I'm sure this glitch is happening with the odd style that I've downloaded so I'll start to investigate and pin point the problem over the next few days.

Again many thanks...

Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 02:31:43 AM »
Firstly have you got the latest update loaded. Secondly check the split point. Some styles OTS will alter this and will give you that effect.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 02:32:55 AM by EileenL »

Online Halesowen Kid

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 08:38:48 AM »
Hello Eileen,

My 61 key T4 firmware is the most up to date version V1.10 and the split points are set to:

G2 - Right
F#2 - Left
F#2 - Style

Thank you for your input....

Regards,

Mike

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 08:48:43 AM »
Firstly have you got the latest update loaded. Secondly check the split point. Some styles OTS will alter this and will give you that effect.

OTS cannot alter the split point. Only a registration can.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Toril S

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 10:11:12 AM »
Hi :) I also have experienced the same problem with some downloaded styles. In some cases the RH voices are there, but very lowsounding. Sometimes the voices generated by the OTS sound funny, a little off-key. But the majority of the styles I have downloaded from here sound great, OTS voices and all.
Toril S