Author Topic: My S900 screen has stripes (1/4 of screen not usable)  (Read 479 times)

Offline jimlaing

My S900 screen has stripes (1/4 of screen not usable)
« on: September 08, 2017, 12:25:23 PM »
I keep an old S900 up at my family's area (~800 miles from me), to use at family parties and jams with friends up there.  Last time I used it (not long ago), it was OK until "day 2" of my trip up there.  1/4 of the screen shows "stutter" or repeated overlapping pattern.  The other 3/4 of the screen is OK.  The sounds and functions of the keyboard seem OK.

I guess this has happened to a number of people ... mine lasted until mid 2017 or so ... I can sort of "get by" with it, since I can read a good part of the screen, and other functions seem OK.

I'm not even going to bother trying to repair it. . . hope to just keep using it until someday I replace it with a used S950 or S970 or something (once the 990 comes out :-)

-Jim

Offline rizkhancnn

Re: My S900 screen has stripes (1/4 of screen not usable)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 05:06:33 PM »
Either you can use an external video monitor or, can order specific lcd module cheap online. It can not be repaired,.

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 08:12:55 AM »
Hi - when you say "order specific LCD module", what do you mean?  Do you have an example of what might work, that is available cheap?

Thanks,
Jim

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 08:12:12 PM »
Jim, contact Yamaha tech support. A few years ago, they provided a replacement screen at no charge. This problem was prominent with that model and they took care of the problem. They may still do it, but I am not sure.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...