Author Topic: PSR S670 Playing Arpeggios with LEFT Hand?  (Read 436 times)

Offline rizkhancnn

PSR S670 Playing Arpeggios with LEFT Hand?
« on: September 07, 2017, 02:44:39 PM »
Hi everyone,
I am trying to trigger arpeggios with left hand, ACMP ON, in split mode, but no matter what, I cant play apply arpeggios to left hand voice.
Please if anybody knows how to do it, explain, i really appreciate. Even this system is present in PSR E433, a lower model, then why yamaha did not provide it in s670. I wonder if its available in S770! ;)
Thanks

Online Joe H

Re: PSR S670 Playing Arpeggios with LEFT Hand?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 04:16:59 PM »
The arpeggiator is only available Right Voice... no left Voice.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline rizkhancnn

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 01:20:59 PM »
I am shocked! playing the left voice with  arpeggios is not possible even in S770 & S970! While it is well implemented in E433 and other lower models.

Online Joe H

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 01:33:18 PM »
The S770 and S970 can play recorded arps in Multi Pads.  It is not possible to play a live arpeggiator with the left hand chords because of how a live arpeggiator works... which follows your fingering.  If the arpeggiator could be assigned to the left hand chords it would sound just like a recorded arp in a Multi Pad or style part.

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: rizkhancnn

Offline rizkhancnn

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 04:31:00 PM »
Adding arp to left part, say voice=strings, creates a unique arp effect to strings etc, in live playing with acmp. & style on. As it is touch sensitive chord playing on the left, the arp effect comes so beautiful and its just amazing, which can not be done via multipad(not respond acc. to touch sensitivity). I dont understand that it is well equipped in E series i,e E433. But not iin higher model as s670,s770 & s970!

Online Joe H

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 06:14:18 PM »
Adding arp to left part, say voice=strings, creates a unique arp effect to strings etc, in live playing with acmp. & style on. As it is touch sensitive chord playing on the left, the arp effect comes so beautiful and its just amazing, which can not be done via multipad(not respond acc. to touch sensitivity). I dont understand that it is well equipped in E series i,e E433. But not iin higher model as s670,s770 & s970!

Can't say why Yamaha does the things they do and why they thought the arpeggiator was for low-end arrangers only.  They were always part of the Yamaha synth line for decades.  My guess is Yamaha thought people who bought arrangers didn't like dance or trance music (EDM).

My belief is that those of us who like EDM didn't buy arrangers because... Yamaha didn't include EDM styles and Voices as part of the arranger instrument... but things are changing now.

With the S770 and S970, you can select R1 or R2 or both to play the arpeggiator, which gives us some interesting possibilities.  I only wish Yamaha had included 1000 Arp Types in the box instead of only 163.  We will probably see a lot more in the next arranger is my guess.

So what I did was buy a Motif Rack.  Now I have 6600 arps to choose from.  I can play those Motif arps with R1, so I could probably get them to work with the Left Voice too.  I'll have to give that a try.

;)

Joe H
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:18:48 PM by Joe H »

Offline jondav

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 12:22:04 PM »
I found this to be the case to, when I tried it on my 770, strange thing is this feature is available on my Casio 6200, which is a lot cheaper than the Yamaha, still I suppose you cant have everything, on all other counts the 770 is much better though.

Offline rizkhancnn

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 02:44:13 PM »
I hope Yamaha does provide this feature in the next O.S upgrade.

Offline rizkhancnn

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 01:07:04 PM »
Also to my surprise, the 2 LIVE CONTROL KNOBS's settings are NOT saved at REGISTERY!!, but ithis function s available in PSR E433!

Online Joe H

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 01:29:46 PM »
Also to my surprise, the 2 LIVE CONTROL KNOBS's settings are NOT saved at REGISTERY!!, but ithis function s available in PSR E433!

When I reported this to Yamaha and requested a firmware update to fix this I was told ... "it couldn't be done".  I did not find that believable having some familiarity with MIDI and basic programming.

But I couldn't argue with Yamaha about that.  I too hope this gets fixed with future S7xx and S9xx series arrangers.

Joe H

The following users thanked this post: rizkhancnn

Offline Enildo

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 04:55:31 PM »

Yamaha should fix this in its next update, only then would the knobs really be used.

Enildo
Psr s970 - The best PSR!

Online Joe H

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 06:18:21 PM »
Yamaha should fix this in its next update, only then would the knobs really be used.

Enildo

It won't be fixed with a firmware update, but I'm sure will be fixed in the next arranger.

But I have no doubt it COULD be fixed with a firmware update... if they wanted to.

It's really a shame!

Joe H
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:26:57 PM by Joe H »

Offline Enildo

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 02:04:23 PM »
It won't be fixed with a firmware update, but I'm sure will be fixed in the next arranger.

But I have no doubt it COULD be fixed with a firmware update... if they wanted to.

It's really a shame!

Joe H

This is true. You're right Joe!

Enildo
Psr s970 - The best PSR!