Author Topic: Connecting to laptop  (Read 198 times)

Offline Charles52

Connecting to laptop
« on: September 05, 2017, 08:19:02 AM »
Hi all

I have just tried connecting to my Windows 7 laptop using the recommended usb cable.  I expected it it show up on my computer page under Hard Disk Drive.  It didn't.  But it appears in Devices as Digital Keyboard and in Device Manager as Standard PS/2 Keyboard and driver support shows the driver is working correctly.   Page 102 of the manual says it should work, but it doesn't.

After searching through the bowels of the internet for a solution I tried to download Musicsoft Downloader from the Yamaha website but can't seem to see it there.

Can anyone help please?

Charles

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Connecting to laptop
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 08:36:08 AM »
Hi Charles,

Only the Tyros models currently have the facility to connect to a computer in a manner which shows their internal hard disks in Windows Explorer or the like.

As you have discovered you need Musicsoft Downloader for your S970. This will allow you to see and manage the USER area (there is no 'hard disk' on the PSRs) and also any USB memory devices that are plugged into the keyboard.

In my opinion Yamaha have completely messed up their Support websites with the latest revamp, just like Yamaha MusicSoft did with theirs!

However here is a link to the Musicsoft Downloader on the UK site which will probably work for anyone...

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/msd_win_kbd.html

I found it by typing 'Musicsoft Downloader' in the search box on the main 'Support' page, so if the link does not work for you, you could try the same search on your local Yamaha site.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 08:41:20 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline Charles52

Re: Connecting to laptop
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 01:47:36 AM »
Hi Ian

Many thanks for your kind help which helped me get there eventually and  all is working fine now.

Regards
Charles