Author Topic: PSR FORUM Website down ?  (Read 574 times)

Offline Jeff Hollande

PSR FORUM Website down ?
« on: September 04, 2017, 12:13:05 AM »
Hi,

I cannot open this Site using PC and/or smartphone.😥
No problem to open it with my tablets.
What is wrong ?

More people informed me they have a similar problem.

Plse advise. Thanks, Jeff
XGW - SONAR PLATINUM - CUBASE 8 WIN - MIXCRAFT8

Re: PSR FORUM Website down ?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 01:15:38 AM »
Seems to be occurring off and on Jeff, in the last few days.
I have managed to get the site in a roundabout way.
Regards Wal

Offline Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 02:05:37 AM »
It's back up and running now, although it has been up and down like a YoYo today  :)

Matrix
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:52:31 AM by Matrix »

Offline beano

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 04:38:36 AM »
Had the same problem...couldn't get on the site with pc or smartphone...but working ok now...

Offline George.R

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 05:21:57 AM »
Yes just got it now on IPad, but had no problem at all with Amazon Fire 7 Tablet. Very Strange.

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 06:25:06 AM »
If a site isn't down, but seems to be inaccessible, it could be an issue with the DNS servers that resolve site names to IP addresses:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/what-is-domain-name-resolution/
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline Joe W

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 12:48:53 PM »
Roger sent me a note yesterday, and today, about site being down.  However, both times, when I checked, the site was up fine for me.  I checked message timing and there were no big (4-5 hour) gaps in message posting, but there were sometimes a gap of an hour or two.  I called Lunarpages a few minutes ago and talked to an administrator there to see if there was something going on at lunarpages that I was not aware of.  There wasn't.  Site was up and running.  Pinging showed site ok.  However, server was rebooted 25 minutes ago, but not by Lunarpages.  hmmm  not by me either.  At any rate, they will be monitoring the session to see if anything strange is happening.

He asked me what happened when I could not get access.  I had no answer since I have been away from the computer (company this weekend), and I did not have problems getting access when I tried.  There were strange notes that some were getting access with an iPad, but not with a PC or smoartphone?  Don't know how that would happen.  Now there are two things to keep in mind.  The main web site is on this server as well as the forum, but they are two different things.  When someone has problems are they trying to get to the main web site or the forum?  What message is presented when access is not available?  Hopefully, problem is gone, but if it comes back, maybe we can track down what is going on.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 01:32:30 PM »
Joe W,

I was not able to get on the Forum or the main website yesterday at any time.  This was from morning until late evening. My Mozilla FireFox browser gave the message that the server could not be found. Had no trouble getting to any other place on the net though.

Joe H
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:50:29 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 01:53:40 PM »
I got the same message (from Chrome): "Server could not be found." I also tried accessing the main site, but also got the same message.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline mikf

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 02:17:33 PM »
same message from safari - iPad, I phone and MAC. For about 24 hours.
Mike

Offline Joe W

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 03:01:38 PM »
That sounds like a Domain Name Server (DNS) problem.  I passed that info on to Lunarpages, who handles the DNS for me, and they have reset the DNS info.  We'll see if that clears things up.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 08:32:31 PM »
Joe W,

I was not able to get on the Forum or the main website yesterday at any time.  This was from morning until late evening. My Mozilla FireFox browser gave the message that the server could not be found. Had no trouble getting to any other place on the net though.

Joe H

Ditto here
Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 05:29:42 AM »
I am now on Hughes Sat too and have nearly quit using my PC the service is so bad.

Absolutely NO Streaming and no large downloads because of timing out.

I am using mostly my iPad and AT&T Cell for every thing.

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)