Author Topic: 2 Packs With The Same LSB  (Read 474 times)

Offline dv01

2 Packs With The Same LSB
« on: August 31, 2017, 06:14:52 AM »
       Hi all,

I have 2 packs I'd like to combine using YEM.  They have the same LSB #.  I know I can change using YEM but the problem is the styles for each pack use the same LSB.  So if I change one, how can it's styles know it has a new LSB # to point to?  Is there any solution or any suggestions how to deal with it?  Can I change the LSB from the styles?  It may be a silly question I know:) 

Thanks for your time
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 06:51:45 AM by dv01 »

Online Joe H

Re: 2 Packs With The Same LSB
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 07:09:25 AM »
dv01,

What's important to know is if the Voices are all different for the 2 packs and no duplicates.  If that is the case you could combine the 2 packs AND styles (if you want) into a single pack.

Here's how to do it.

1. Select one of the packs
2. Now "Import" the second pack as "Content" into the first pack
3. If you want the styles to be part of the pack then "Import" the style as "Content" also.
4. Now either change the LSB of the pack you just Imported into the first pack... or delete it from YEM.
5. Next, change LSB on the combined packs (with or without the styles)
6. YEM will now assign all Voices (and styles) the same LSB #
7. When you create a new Installation file of the combined packs (and styles) everything will work as you want it to.

Regards,
Joe H
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 11:32:45 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline dv01

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 08:21:15 AM »
  Hi Joe,

Why is it always you - the life saver?  Lol.  Thanks a lot.  I will give it a try.  I've actually learned a lot from you Joe.  Much appreciated!!!!

Online Joe H

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 11:41:55 AM »
dv01,

Glad I could help.

I think it is just a matter of having used YEM enough times and experienced some of the issues with YEM by installing lots of different packs. I will be starting work on creating some new Voice packs from SF2 files this fall and winter, so I will get to know a lot more about the YEM Voice Editor soon. 

My intent is to create XG compatible Synth Voices that are easily exchangeable and can be mixed with Preset Voices in styles, Multi Pads and used as R1, R2 and Left Voices as well.

;)

Regards,
Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: sabios

Offline dv01

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 11:52:24 AM »
  Hi Joe,

You're correct.  The more problems I have, the more I learn.  Looks like you will have a new project to work on.  Good luck!!!

Thanks,

Offline dv01

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 12:09:29 PM »
     Hi Joe,

Instead of combining them, can I do this?  The first pack should be ok.  I don't need to change the LSB #.  The second pack I am thinking I can Import the pack along with the Styles as Content.  Then I change LSB for the second one which I assume the styles will have the new LSB too.  And when I load the cpi file in, the styles (which I attached in the second pack) should read the new voices in the second pack (new LSB position).  Just a thought.  Sorry if I confused you:).

Thanks,
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 12:14:33 PM by dv01 »

Online Joe H

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 12:29:14 PM »
Hi dv01,

Yes you can do as you describe.  The main thing is to have the combined pack with the LSB you want and change the second pack to a different number.  When YEM makes the Installation file, all Voices and styles should be assigned the same LSB #

Joe H

Offline dv01

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 05:14:44 AM »
    Thanks Joe.  It is working.