Author Topic: What is a .rgt  (Read 548 times)

Offline Mendel

What is a .rgt
« on: August 30, 2017, 05:20:11 AM »
Hi guys!

This might sound like a really stupid question..
someone gave me some styles etc. for my S970
and i came across a file thats called .rgt

Can someone please tell me what it is?

Thanks a lot!
Mendel

Offline Chalky

Re: What is a .rgt
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 05:33:53 AM »
Hi Mendel,
This is a Registration file which contains all the data saved as a registration; you should be able to load this into your instrument. As a Tyros 5 owner not sure how you do this on you S970.
Cheers
Chalky

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 05:49:27 AM »
Hi Mendel,

The only stupid question is a question not asked ;)
A very short but accurate answer to your question: A registration is a snapshot of almost every setting on your keyboard. Set up your keyboard the way you like in order to play a particular song for example. When satisfied with your modifications you can save these settings for later use to a Registration bank or banks (you have 8 for each separate registration) Then save this registration to a file (the *.rgt file you mentioned is one of those) One you load the file you have saved all settings you made will be restored immediately without the need to do it all over again manually. You can have many rgt files at the ready this way.

To answer your err broad question more comprehensive you would need quite an article and why do that when a few nice people already made quite a few of those :) Seems to me you are fairly new to Yamaha keyboards so what I would do if I were you is to have  a look at the lesson section on this website. Besides other useful stuff there is a great section called chapter 3-Registrations that will explain quite a lot.

Here's the link (also on this website) : http://psrtutorial.com/lessons/index.html

kind regards,

Peter 8)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:57:17 AM by XeeniX »

-----
There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
-----

The following users thanked this post: TwinTyros

Offline Mendel

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 08:34:57 AM »
Thank you Chalky and XeeniX for you acurate and quick response!

XeeniX: Thank you for your breif explantion about the regerstry system..
            but to no avail i most obiusly know very well what the regestry sys.
            is and i use it alot. But i understand that after someone reading my
            q. he would think that im new to this...

but thanks

==
sry for my spelling mistake [in a rush cant check spelling]...

mendel!