Author Topic: Country Walt Style  (Read 1217 times)

Country Walt Style
« on: August 28, 2017, 09:58:52 AM »
Hi all,

I'm asking some T5 owners to check the Country Waltz style, quarter note = 140, Page 3 in the Country styles group. On my T5, the root bass note trigger between variations A, B, and C does not resolve like all other styles. I have my T5 to trigger the next variation on the beat. All styles do this EXCEPT this one. The style re-triggers the bass note exactly when when I push the Variation button. I noticed this odd behavior in a show last week. I pressed Variation C, and the bass line went from root-->five to five-->root, on the down beat.

Very odd. Can someone check their T5 and see if they too notice this? If so, how can it be fixed? I honestly believe there is a bug in this style. Thanks.
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, 15 inch sub designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44.

Offline Marcus

Re: Country Walt Style
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 11:47:28 AM »
Hi Lee
I also do get a paused or delayed bassline when switching variations at times, depending when I press the next variation button. I find the issue is lessened when I activate the "Auto Fill In". Not really noticeable when covered up by the rest of the style parts, but it is there. It is a fairly quick tempo and the 3/4 style patterns repeat more often than a 4/4 or 6/8 timing.

I thought maybe a discrepancy in pattern length programmed into the bass channel between the Main Variations was possibly creating this issue. A pattern not resolving or transitioning into the next Main Variation or fill. I re-worked the Tyros 5 Country Waltz style with a different bass line pattern and length (see attachment). Check out if the issue is resolved, less prevalent or helps make the style more satisfactory.

Regards, Marcus
Gear: Triangle

The following users thanked this post: terryB, countryking, Jacob, bmarcill, Del B, Paul B, tyrosrick

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:04:28 PM »
Well done, Marcus! Thank you. The bass line is much better and re-triggers perfectly. Yamaha dropped the ball on this one. I would like to drop the bass line by an octave but don't know how to do that. I'll figure it out. Thanks again!
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, 15 inch sub designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44.

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 12:29:06 PM »
I experienced the same thing as Marcus on mine; however, it was only noticeable to me because Lee pointed it out. I, not being a trained musician like you and others, would probably ignored it. Yet, now that I listen to it, it does sound delayed and rather studderly in it's raw native form. Marcus' fix however really lessens the aberation.
Current Gear: Tyros 5 76 key, and a whole lot of ambition.
Past Gear: Motif XF6, and a whole lot of frustration.
and.....Magnus Chord Organ (when I was 10!)

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 01:00:11 PM »
Thanks Tyrosrick. You just confirmed that I'm not crazy - well that's debatable :)!! Yamaha needs to fix this and send through a patch.

Offline Marcus

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 07:53:45 AM »
Well done, Marcus! Thank you. The bass line is much better and re-triggers perfectly. Yamaha dropped the ball on this one. I would like to drop the bass line by an octave but don't know how to do that. I'll figure it out. Thanks again!

Hello Lee
I dropped the bass line down an octave for you. (see attachment)

Regards, Marcus

The following users thanked this post: terryB, Jacob, bmarcill, Del B

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 09:05:07 AM »
Wow, thanks Marcus!! There must be a way of doing that in the Style creator. When I looked at the MIDI notes, all I could access was the Drum part. How to you open the Bass part for MIDI note editing?

This is EXACTLY why we need a proper DAW for the T5.

YAMAHA ARE YOU LISTENING????!!!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:08:24 AM by Lee Batchelor »

Offline Marcus

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 10:19:21 AM »
Style Creator, go to Parameter tab, set "Channel" to Bass part, highlight 3, and manually set note limits one octave lower.

A pain, because you have to manually do each style Variation, Fill etc., at a time. Re-save style and exit Style Creator.

Marcus

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 11:13:50 AM »
Thanks Marcus...you're the best. And to repeat:

YAMAHA ARE YOU LISTENING?? (LOL)...still love my T5 :).

Offline Jacob

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 04:19:16 AM »
Thanks Marcus  8)

Jacob  8)

Offline deepsae48

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 02:18:05 AM »
Thanks Marcus
Tai