Author Topic: Country Walt Style  (Read 804 times)

Country Walt Style
« on: August 28, 2017, 09:58:52 AM »
Hi all,

I'm asking some T5 owners to check the Country Waltz style, quarter note = 140, Page 3 in the Country styles group. On my T5, the root bass note trigger between variations A, B, and C does not resolve like all other styles. I have my T5 to trigger the next variation on the beat. All styles do this EXCEPT this one. The style re-triggers the bass note exactly when when I push the Variation button. I noticed this odd behavior in a show last week. I pressed Variation C, and the bass line went from root-->five to five-->root, on the down beat.

Very odd. Can someone check their T5 and see if they too notice this? If so, how can it be fixed? I honestly believe there is a bug in this style. Thanks.
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compact speakers, 15 inch subwoofer designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44 sound interface.

Offline Marcus

Re: Country Walt Style
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 11:47:28 AM »
Hi Lee
I also do get a paused or delayed bassline when switching variations at times, depending when I press the next variation button. I find the issue is lessened when I activate the "Auto Fill In". Not really noticeable when covered up by the rest of the style parts, but it is there. It is a fairly quick tempo and the 3/4 style patterns repeat more often than a 4/4 or 6/8 timing.

I thought maybe a discrepancy in pattern length programmed into the bass channel between the Main Variations was possibly creating this issue. A pattern not resolving or transitioning into the next Main Variation or fill. I re-worked the Tyros 5 Country Waltz style with a different bass line pattern and length (see attachment). Check out if the issue is resolved, less prevalent or helps make the style more satisfactory.

Regards, Marcus

The following users thanked this post: terryB, countryking, Jacob, bmarcill, Del B, tyrosrick

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:04:28 PM »
Well done, Marcus! Thank you. The bass line is much better and re-triggers perfectly. Yamaha dropped the ball on this one. I would like to drop the bass line by an octave but don't know how to do that. I'll figure it out. Thanks again!
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compact speakers, 15 inch subwoofer designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44 sound interface.

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 12:29:06 PM »
I experienced the same thing as Marcus on mine; however, it was only noticeable to me because Lee pointed it out. I, not being a trained musician like you and others, would probably ignored it. Yet, now that I listen to it, it does sound delayed and rather studderly in it's raw native form. Marcus' fix however really lessens the aberation.
Current Gear: Tyros 5 76 key, and a whole lot of ambition.
Past Gear: Motif XF6, and a whole lot of frustration.
and.....Magnus Chord Organ (when I was 10!)

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 01:00:11 PM »
Thanks Tyrosrick. You just confirmed that I'm not crazy - well that's debatable :)!! Yamaha needs to fix this and send through a patch.

Offline Marcus

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 07:53:45 AM »
Well done, Marcus! Thank you. The bass line is much better and re-triggers perfectly. Yamaha dropped the ball on this one. I would like to drop the bass line by an octave but don't know how to do that. I'll figure it out. Thanks again!

Hello Lee
I dropped the bass line down an octave for you. (see attachment)

Regards, Marcus

The following users thanked this post: terryB, Jacob, bmarcill, Del B

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 09:05:07 AM »
Wow, thanks Marcus!! There must be a way of doing that in the Style creator. When I looked at the MIDI notes, all I could access was the Drum part. How to you open the Bass part for MIDI note editing?

This is EXACTLY why we need a proper DAW for the T5.

YAMAHA ARE YOU LISTENING????!!!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:08:24 AM by Lee Batchelor »

Offline Marcus

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 10:19:21 AM »
Style Creator, go to Parameter tab, set "Channel" to Bass part, highlight 3, and manually set note limits one octave lower.

A pain, because you have to manually do each style Variation, Fill etc., at a time. Re-save style and exit Style Creator.

Marcus

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 11:13:50 AM »
Thanks Marcus...you're the best. And to repeat:

YAMAHA ARE YOU LISTENING?? (LOL)...still love my T5 :).

Offline Jacob

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 04:19:16 AM »
Thanks Marcus  8)

Jacob  8)

Offline deepsae48

« Reply #10 on: Today at 02:18:05 AM »
Thanks Marcus
Tai