Author Topic: PSRS710  (Read 500 times)

Offline Larry C.

• Charter Member
  • Play every day and survive old age!
PSRS710
« on: August 27, 2017, 07:10:14 AM »
PURCHASED A YAMAHA PSRS710 WITH THE WRONG MANUAL.  NEED TO KNOW HOW TO SET VOICES ON THE KEYBOARD.  STYLES THAT I HAVE,  HAVE BLANK SPACES FOR SOME OF THE VOICE SPACES.  THANKS MY MANUAL ISN'T ENGLISH.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 08:19:32 AM by Larry C. »
Now I have a Tyros-5,...and a PSR-S710(9-19-16)

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: PSRS710
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 10:51:02 AM »
You can download the 'Owner's Manual' and the 'Reference Manual' from your local Yamaha Support website.

If you are in the US, here is a link to the relevant page...

https://usa.yamaha.com/support/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=keyboards&k=psr-s710

The 'blank spaces' that you refer to mean that the voice is not available on your S710.  However sometimes these voices will play something, but you can't edit their 'Voice Sets' as you can for voices based on those that actually are on your keyboard.

If any of these voices don't sound at all, then you will need to replace them with suitable ones that are on the S710. 

Reading the relevant sections of the manuals will help you to do this, but you can always ask the forum!

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: Larry C.

Offline Larry C.

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 01:15:09 PM »
Thanks Ian,  I know that the voices aren't ones on the 710 but want to use the ones that are on board.  I just couldn't remember how to do the procedure.  The procedure is what I need to grab the voices that on board.  Not all of the styles have that problem but I can do the procedure if I can copy it and therefore I will always have it.  I just had never owned a PSR s710 before.  Do you have the procedure?  I know that it isn't easy to type but I would be so grateful to you for doing it for me.
Thanks again Ian, I appreciate what you do.   ....Your Brother In Music,  Larry C.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 01:16:50 PM by Larry C. »

Offline Larry C.

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 07:07:59 PM »
Thanks for your information but I cannot find any place in the 710 manual that tells me how to ad voices to the memory stick of this keyboard.