Author Topic: Real Audio Loops (guitar) on Psr s970 Styles?  (Read 39653 times)

Online Enildo

Real Audio Loops (guitar) on Psr s970 Styles?
« on: August 25, 2017, 12:18:44 PM »
Real Audio Loops (guitar) on Psr s970 Styles?

Hello guys!
Here in Brazil I woke up today with the news of this video.
A guy made guitar loops play with chord changes as well as with changing the loop time without stopping and without damaging the chord.

If it's true, I think I'll keep my s970 for about 20 years! Lol
I do not even want the "Genos"! Lol

Enildo

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPHGZnCLess
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:06:09 PM by Enildo »
When word fail, Music speaks!

Online Enildo

Re: Real Guitar Loops on Psr s970 Styles?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 01:14:07 PM »
Anyone know how it's possible?
I'm studying and investigating but so far I have not got it yet.

Enildo

Online Enildo

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 06:49:49 PM »
Personally I discovered that they use the "CASM Editor" to leave one channel of the guitar only for larger chords and the other channel for smaller chords only.
Does anyone who manages editing know how this is possible.

I will only rest when I learn! Lol
Thank you all!

Enildo

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 07:50:50 PM »
Personally I discovered that they use the "CASM Editor" to leave one channel of the guitar only for larger chords and the other channel for smaller chords only.
Does anyone who manages editing know how this is possible.

I will only rest when I learn! Lol
Thank you all!

Enildo

I don't think it is that complicated.  He is just turning style parts on and off and he also changed the tempo.  There are plenty of styles with guitar parts in them. It is possible to make style parts from the guitar Multi Pad as well.  Then you could buy Guitar loops from Twiddly Bits and turn those into style guitar parts as well using midi2style or StyleMagic.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: Taffinator

Online Enildo

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 06:07:01 PM »
I don't think it is that complicated.  He is just turning style parts on and off and he also changed the tempo.  There are plenty of styles with guitar parts in them. It is possible to make style parts from the guitar Multi Pad as well.  Then you could buy Guitar loops from Twiddly Bits and turn those into style guitar parts as well using midi2style or StyleMagic.

Joe H

Thank you Joe H! I already expected your help. I know that this forum has many people qualified and you, of course, are one of them.

Enildo

Online Enildo

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 06:34:32 PM »
First, I sincerely apologize for my poor English. I'm using the Google Translate tool.
The information I have at the moment, let's go there:

1) First all major chord loops are recorded on a real guitar
  (C, C#/Db, D, D#/Eb, E, F, F#/Gb, G, G#/Ab, A, A#/Bb and B).

2) As all the minor chord loops on a real guitar are recorded
(Cm, C#m/Dbm, Dm, D#m/Ebm, E, F, F#m/Gbm, Gm, G#m/Abm, Am, A#m/Bbm and Bm).

3) In the "CASM EDITOR PROGRAM", a style in the "SFF1" format and in the "CASM EDITOR", in the "CHORDE MUTE SETTINGS" in the "C" button, a channel (Chord1 for example) is used only for major chords and other channel (Chord2 for example), only to minor chords.

4) When a major chord plays (on channel 12, for example), the other minor chord channel (channel 13, for example) is muted. And vice versa.

My question is:
How can I put 12 larger chord loops and 12 smaller chord loops within the same style?
How does the keyboard end up which loop to use at the time I am playing a chord of "E" (Em) or "A" (Am), for example?

I hope I expressed myself well.

Thank you Joe H and thank you all!

Enildo

Online Enildo

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 06:53:55 PM »
First, I sincerely apologize for my poor English. I'm using the Google Translate tool.
The information I have at the moment, let's go there:

1) First all major chord loops are recorded on a real guitar
  (C, C#/Db, D, D#/Eb, E, F, F#/Gb, G, G#/Ab, A, A#/Bb and B).

2) As all the minor chord loops on a real guitar are recorded
(Cm, C#m/Dbm, Dm, D#m/Ebm, E, F, F#m/Gbm, Gm, G#m/Abm, Am, A#m/Bbm and Bm).

3) In the "CASM EDITOR PROGRAM", a style in the "SFF1" format and in the "CASM EDITOR", in the "CHORDE MUTE SETTINGS" in the "C" button, a channel (Chord1 for example) is used only for major chords and other channel (Chord2 for example), only to minor chords.

4) When a major chord plays (on channel 12, for example), the other minor chord channel (channel 13, for example) is muted. And vice versa.

My question is:
How can I put 12 larger chord loops and 12 smaller chord loops within the same style?
How does the keyboard end up which loop to use at the time I am playing a chord of "E" (Em) or "A" (Am), for example?

I hope I expressed myself well.

Thank you Joe H and thank you all!

Enildo

I was wondering when we use "RECYCLE" to loop, and when we export beyond the loop it generates a "MIDI" file.
And this midi file, we know it can be turned into a style channel.

Enildo

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 08:51:31 PM »
Enildo,

I have no experience with programming guitar chords for styles, but I think you are looking at this wrong.  You might want to look at a Yamaha style that has guitar chords or arpeggios to see what notes are used.  The keyboard Operating System will translate the notes (when correct) to follow the left hand chords.  Also the CASM settings must be right.

I may not be able to you help you with this because I do not use CASM Editor, I use StyleMagic.  Hopefully one the the computer programmers will post here to help you understand what notes to use in the loops.

I also do understand what you mean by larger and smaller loops.  And finally... no you cannot have 12 variations of loops in a single style file because there are only 16 channels to work with. 

The way Alternate style Parts work is that the chord types are defined in the CASM.  So a Part can play a chord or arpeggio one way with a major chord, and play a different way with a minor chord.

Example:  Chord 1 Part (channel 12) can play the chord a certain way for major chords (maybe strum a certain way - long chord?), then assign channel 4 to also to play the Chord 1 Part for minor chords (and chord strums a different way - short chord?)

So channel 12 and channel 4 can both be assigned to Chord 1 style Part, but each one will only play with the chord types you specify in the CASM settings.  It's actually possible to have 3 chord types.  Major, Minor, and 7th chords.  so you could have 3 different channels assigned to Chord 1 style Part for more variation.

The information I cannot help with is what the correct notes are for these guitar loops.  When the correct notes are programmed in the loop, the Operating System will re-map the notes to the correct guitar fingering.  That's why I suggest looking a a Yamaha style to learn how Yamaha did it.

Regards,
Joe H

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 08:55:34 PM by Joe H »

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: Taffinator

Online Enildo

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 09:57:16 PM »
Thank you Joe H! Your information is very valuable.
I will continue searching until I find a light.

Thanks for all the information and tips also to the creators and directors of this forum.

Enildo

Online Enildo

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 01:19:47 PM »
Hello everybody!
I found another video with the same subject.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L419Hty6XVQ

Enildo

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 01:59:27 PM »
Have you seen this video, which seems to give a similar effect using one of the various sounds within preset guitar MegaVoices.

In this example he is using the 'Mega SolidGuitar' voice at a fixed velocity of 40, which would produce an 'open med' string sound.  The video  contains information about the CASM settings used...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomCFY-HKPY

Presumably the original video is using an expansion voice made from real guitar samples, which is then used in a similar manner as here.  :-\

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 02:22:10 PM by tyrosaurus »

Online Enildo

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 02:41:03 PM »
Very good video Ian! I learned other Megavoices tricks.
Thank you so!

But my question in this post is about "Audio Loops".
In the loop recording the chord is already filled (Do-Mi-Sol).
The guys are recording a loop of all live chords, from C to B, and placing to play on the chord channels (Chord 12 or 13, etc.).

For those who have Facebook, take a look at this video: https://www.facebook.com/DINIZINHOSAMPLERS/videos/1272502872860487/

Big hug,

Enildo
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 03:26:25 PM by Enildo »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 03:32:59 PM »
Enildo,

Since I don't know what the guy in the first video is saying, I'm not sure what it is you wish to accomplish. This is the first time you mention audio loops. 

You cannot place audio loops on MIDI channels unless they are REX2 files. The REX2 files have to be converted in YEM software to a style Part. 

The arranger is NOT a DAW (digital audio workstation).  It does not work like a DAW. What I'm saying is that you cannot insert audio loops that are recorded with different chord progressions into a style.  Our arranger are MIDI instruments not audio.  There are MIDI guitar loops out there that will accomplish what you want to do.

PS:  I've sent you a PM.  I'll be back in touch.

Regards,
Joe H
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 03:39:36 PM by Joe H »

Online Enildo

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 03:48:45 PM »
Enildo,

Since I don't know what the guy in the first video is saying, I'm not sure what it is you wish to accomplish. This is the first time you mention audio loops. 

You cannot place audio loops on MIDI channels unless they are REX2 files. The REX2 files have to be converted in YEM software to a style Part. 

The arranger is NOT a DAW (digital audio workstation).  It does not work like a DAW. What I'm saying is that you cannot insert audio loops that are recorded with different chord progressions into a style.  Our arranger are MIDI instruments not audio.  There are MIDI guitar loops out there that will accomplish what you want to do.

PS:  I've sent you a PM.  I'll be back in touch.

Regards,
Joe H

Hello Joe H!

That's what I'm talking about, Joe! Maybe I can not express myself well, because my English is very bad.

Guys are putting audio loops on Bass, Chord1, Chord2, Pad and Phrases. Maybe they are using "REX2" files and using some "Midi" file to run the styles.
In this last video (from Facebook) shows them recording the audio loops on a real guitar and then putting to run on the PSR s970.

Thank you,
Enildo

Online Enildo

Re: Real Audio Loops (guitar) on Psr s970 Styles?
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 03:55:26 PM »
I modified the title of this post for better understanding.
 "Real Audio Loops (guitar) on Psr s970 Styles?"

Enildo

Online Enildo

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 08:48:11 PM »
Hello everybody!

After 1 month studying the subject, I discovered how it is possible to put audio chord loops within the chord chords in s970, with chord progression. There are several steps, and for that to be possible, some programs are necessary.
The truth is that it is limited and can not do all the possible possibilities of chords, because each channel works for one type of chord (for example one channel for larger chords, one for minor chords only, one for chord with "Maj7" , etc) but you can do a lot of interesting things. You can choose both "wav" files as well as "Rx2" files.
You can record chords ready and when you make chord changes in your left hand, the keyboard will change.
I am still finalizing the studies, but "yes" it is possible!

Greetings,
Enildo

Offline voodoo

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 02:36:15 PM »

This was my first reaction. The video does not use audio loops, but simple midi guitar. So there's no magic. ;)
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Online Enildo

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 02:41:28 PM »
This was my first reaction. The video does not use audio loops, but simple midi guitar. So there's no magic. ;)

You're wrong Uli. The video uses audio loops.
I'm telling the truth and I assure you so!

Enildo

Offline Joe H

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 03:19:59 PM »
You're wrong Uli. The video uses audio loops.
I'm telling the truth and I assure you so!

Enildo

Enildo,

Our style file is MIDI.  It is not possible to use audio files directly in a style Part.  You must use YEM to create a MIDI Voice from a WAV file or REX2 file.  Those are the facts.

Joe H

Online Enildo

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 03:54:45 PM »
Enildo,

Our style file is MIDI.  It is not possible to use audio files directly in a style Part.  You must use YEM to create a MIDI Voice from a WAV file or REX2 file.  Those are the facts.

Joe H

Exactly Joe!
I use a full chord, for example "C" (do + mi + sol) that was recorded with the metronome at 90 bpm ... Then I go to the YEM and create a voice with all the chords made. Each key will correspond to a major or minor chord (C, C #, D, D #, E ... B
  and Cm, C # m, Dm, D # m, Em ... Bm). The chord channels (from 11 to 16) will play my full chord in a style with 90bpm tempo.
Using Rx2 files it is possible to change the time.
You can play larger and smaller chords with progression.

Later I will do a "PPI" file and I will send it to you!

I do not know if I'm making you understand. Lol

Regards,
Enildo

Offline Joe H

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 04:03:09 PM »
Exactly Joe!
I use a full chord, for example "C" (do + mi + sol) that was recorded with the metronome at 90 bpm ... Then I go to the YEM and create a voice with all the chords made. Each key will correspond to a major or minor chord (C, C #, D, D #, E ... B
  and Cm, C # m, Dm, D # m, Em ... Bm). The chord channels (from 11 to 16) will play my full chord in a style with 90bpm tempo.
Using Rx2 files it is possible to change the time.
You can play larger and smaller chords with progression.

Later I will do a "PPI" file and I will send it to you!

I do not know if I'm making you understand. Lol

Regards,
Enildo

I honestly do not see the benefit of doing things that way since the MIDI Parts follow our ACMP left-hand chords.

Joe H

Online Enildo

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 04:07:42 PM »
I honestly do not see the benefit of doing things that way since the MIDI Parts follow our ACMP left-hand chords.

Joe H

The benefit would be to put an actual musical instrument within a style.

Enildo

Online Enildo

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 04:11:33 PM »
Honestly, it's a lot of work. But nothing in life is free!
Guitars and guitars have always been a challenge for keyboards arrangers to emulate. This is a possibility, still limited, but that can brighten up a very live presentation.

Enildo

Online Enildo

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 04:14:11 PM »
I'm going to put together a "PPF" and a "PPI" and then I'll send you Joe, to find out what you think.
I'm just finishing the job in a few days!

Enildo

Offline Joe H

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 04:18:06 PM »
I think the topic of realistic guitars will come up over here:  http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,39857.msg309592/topicseen.html#msg309592

So keep an eye on that thread.  The Motif Guitar Mega Arps sound very realistic.

Joe H

Online Enildo

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 04:26:24 PM »
I think the topic of realistic guitars will come up over here:  http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,39857.msg309592/topicseen.html#msg309592

So keep an eye on that thread.  The Motif Guitar Mega Arps sound very realistic.

Joe H

Are you suggesting that this topic should change to "Other Features"?
If it is, it can be moved by an administrator without any problem.

Enildo

Online Enildo

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2017, 04:32:41 PM »
Always wanted to record an external musical instrument into a style.
When you record note by note, it is not the same as recording a complete chord.
The keyboard is capable of reproducing and imitating much, but nothing like playing a real guitar. A bass, drums, piano, synths, are acceptable, but the sound of a real guitar is still far from real sound.

Enildo

Offline Joe H

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2017, 05:07:52 PM »
Are you suggesting that this topic should change to "Other Features"?
If it is, it can be moved by an administrator without any problem.

Enildo

No, what I'm saying is that you can achieve real guitar loops in MIDI.  I have hundreds of real guitar MIDI loops that were recorded with a MIDI guitar.   That thread is discussing arpeggios.  Yamaha has created realistic guitar arpeggios with MIDI.  I just wanted you to aware that there is realistic MIDI guitar loops.

I'm of the opinion that it is not necessary to record audio guitar strums or arppeggios.  If you want a new guitar sound, there are probably expansion packs with new guitar sounds.  If you want to do something really special, then I guess REX2 is the way to go.

REX2 is converted to MIDI Voice in YEM.  While you can think of it as audio... ALL MIDI Voices in your keyboard are audio that have been converted to MIDI Voices.

Regards,
Joe H

Offline Misu

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2017, 06:20:46 PM »
Hi,
This topic is up to me special of my English, but not only, I have something for you to study from my Romanian custom style topic
Same link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx6qwlpS1CgHa01jRVNDckRhNUk/view?usp=sharing
Analyze the arpeggio sampler separately in the right hand and how it works in style, maybe can do something similar for your guitar without use 2 track.

Hope to help
Mihai
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Online Enildo

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2017, 07:52:37 PM »
Hi,
This topic is up to me special of my English, but not only, I have something for you to study from my Romanian custom style topic
Same link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx6qwlpS1CgHa01jRVNDckRhNUk/view?usp=sharing
Analyze the arpeggio sampler separately in the right hand and how it works in style, maybe can do something similar for your guitar without use 2 track.

Hope to help
Mihai

Thanks Mihai, but the link have password.

Online Enildo

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 08:05:04 PM »
No, what I'm saying is that you can achieve real guitar loops in MIDI.  I have hundreds of real guitar MIDI loops that were recorded with a MIDI guitar.   That thread is discussing arpeggios.  Yamaha has created realistic guitar arpeggios with MIDI.  I just wanted you to aware that there is realistic MIDI guitar loops.

I'm of the opinion that it is not necessary to record audio guitar strums or arppeggios.  If you want a new guitar sound, there are probably expansion packs with new guitar sounds.  If you want to do something really special, then I guess REX2 is the way to go.

REX2 is converted to MIDI Voice in YEM.  While you can think of it as audio... ALL MIDI Voices in your keyboard are audio that have been converted to MIDI Voices.

Regards,
Joe H

Ok, I got it!

Joe, in my region and in my country has a style of music very well known and played here that is called "FORRÓ" (popular Brazilian musical style), the guitars for these styles are very simple but very peculiar guitars. When the guys showed me that way to record the guitars, it was the first time I ever heard a real guitar forró. The other ways to record (recording the whole rhythm directly on the keyboard), using real guitar samples, are good but leave out.

I will continue studying and researching this new way of using styles on the keyboard and then I will introduce you to all the results. Maybe this will serve other performances that we have not found out yet.

Thanks for your opinions Joe H, you make a big difference in this forum.

greetings,
Enildo

Offline Misu

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2017, 06:31:28 AM »
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Online Enildo

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2017, 04:07:37 PM »

denisfm

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2018, 06:04:41 PM »
Hi Enildo and everybody. I am following this topic about audio loops on Yamaha Style and I am also trying to make this work. In fact, we have MIDI file and other MIDI information on Yamaha Styles, not audio file. When we use audio "slices", converted in Recycle we are controlling midi notes on the Styles.

So, I am still trying to unsderstand how to make this possible. Like Enildo said, it´s very intersting put Guitar Loops, or Cavaquinho Lopps, sliceds in wavs, packed in Yep, inside the styles, but the challenge is make the chord changing possible, transposing the slices wavs when we change the chord on left hand.

When you say that we use one channel for Major Chord, another for Minor Chord, and other for 7th Chord. So we have some limitations.
I also have checked some good information on this link:

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/style2_2.htm

and this

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/style_11.htm

Mainly when he says:
"...
Create the 3 different patterns in the MIDI Part, e.g. Major pattern in channel 4, Minor pattern in channel 5, and 7th pattern in channel 6
• Redirect these 3 MIDI channels to the SAME keyboard channel
• In MIDI ch. 4 remove ALL check marks in "Active Chords Minor" and "Active Chords 7th"
• In MIDI ch. 5 remove ALL check marks in "Active Chords Major" and "Active Chords 7th"
• In MIDI ch. 6 remove ALL check marks in "Active Chords Major" and "Active Chords Minor"

When this approach is used, most often 3 alternative patterns are created as demonstrated above.
...."

Well, I am trying to make this happen on PSR S750. Enildo, please, let´s trade some information. Tell me if you are working on PSR S650, 750, 950, that uses yep sound bank or you are on S670, S770 series.

Thank all of you for the information,
Sincerely
Denis

eduardo

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2018, 02:19:02 AM »
Hola saludes enildo quisiera saber si ya piedes hacer loop de guitarra real para estilos psr s970 ayuda quiero aprender hacer eso

DonM

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2018, 06:48:40 AM »
Maybe check out how Ketron does it.  They've had audio guitars in their styles for years.

Online Enildo

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2018, 12:15:08 AM »
There is this video here in Brazil, with real guitar loops. You can tell that it has a great quality.
It is almost impossible to do on the keyboard itself, because you can not make the sound of a "pick" dragging on the strings and sounding with reality.

Hug to everyone,

https://youtu.be/gPl86SXgjPU?t=304

Offline Joe H

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2018, 02:52:45 AM »
Enildo,

As I say in Reply #29.  If you find some audio guitar loops in Brazilian style music recorded in the key of C Maj 7 scale you can convert them to REX2 and then import them into YEM.  The YEM software will allow you to make a style part and a Multi Pad from REX2 audio loops. Style Part and Multi Pad will then follow your left hand chords.  No need to record guitar loops in many chord types.

Regards,
Joe H
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 02:55:57 AM by Joe H »

Online Enildo

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2018, 04:13:19 PM »
Enildo,

As I say in Reply #29.  If you find some audio guitar loops in Brazilian style music recorded in the key of C Maj 7 scale you can convert them to REX2 and then import them into YEM.  The YEM software will allow you to make a style part and a Multi Pad from REX2 audio loops. Style Part and Multi Pad will then follow your left hand chords.  No need to record guitar loops in many chord types.

Regards,
Joe H

Hello friend Joe! Let me call it that.

I understand your idea, it really makes sense. Then I'll take the time to study more thoroughly and do some testing with the information you're giving me.
God bless you!

Enildo

Offline Joe H

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2018, 12:48:34 AM »
Enildo,

The reason I took so long to respond is I got sick last October and didn't post on the forum for several months.

Regards,
Joe H

Online Enildo

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2018, 02:35:54 PM »
Enildo,

The reason I took so long to respond is I got sick last October and didn't post on the forum for several months.

Regards,
Joe H

Hello Joe!

I really missed you in this forum. I hope you're already better you make a lot of difference with your knowledge here. Much health to you!

They say that in other countries it is not common to wish to hug people, but I want to send a big hug my friend! Stay with God!

Enildo

Offline Joe H

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2018, 06:43:24 PM »
Hello Joe!

I really missed you in this forum. I hope you're already better you make a lot of difference with your knowledge here. Much health to you!

They say that in other countries it is not common to wish to hug people, but I want to send a big hug my friend! Stay with God!

Enildo

Thank you Enildo... hugs to you as well.

:)    :)    :)    :)    :)

Joe H

Offline hans1966

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2018, 03:15:36 AM »
Hello Joe, I hope that you are very well in health, your presence in the forum is very important, thanks to your knowledge I have learned a lot. take care friend, God continue to bless your talent. a big hug  from Colombia.   Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline Joe H

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2018, 04:49:01 AM »
Hans,

I suffered a stroke in the right frontal lobe of my brain. I've made about a 98% recovery... 19 days in the hospital and months of physical and occupational therapy plus 2 surgeries, eating better food and exercising... and now am feeling much better.   I am so grateful there was no permanent damage.

Thank you for your comments... hugs to you also.

Joe H
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 04:47:03 PM by Joe H »

Offline hans1966

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2018, 02:02:55 AM »
The important thing is that you are fully recovered, it is a wonderful opportunity of life. Now you just have to enjoy doing  what else you more like, which is: Music and more Music.   greetings Hans
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 02:07:59 AM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Online Enildo

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2018, 02:37:16 AM »
Hans,

I suffered a stroke in the right frontal lobe of my brain. I've made about a 98% recovery... 19 days in the hospital and months of physical and occupational therapy plus 2 surgeries, eating better food and exercising... and now am feeling much better.   I am so grateful there was no permanent damage.

Thank you for your comments... hugs to you also.

Joe H

Wow! It was really very serious what you suffered!
Thank God you are well, my friend! Your recovery is a miracle, even more that you did not have any sequels!

Do what you like what music is, but also try to change some habits and include a little physical activity.
Hug! Enildo

Offline Joe H

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2018, 01:43:39 PM »
Joe H

Wow! It was really very serious what you suffered!
Thank God you are well, my friend! Your recovery is a miracle, even more that you did not have any sequels! ...

When they took me to the emergency room I couldn't talk or use my left arm or my left leg.  I have had to work hard to get back to "normal" and am doing everything I can so I do not have another stroke. Diet, exercise, and taking my medications.

:)

Joe H
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 01:44:49 PM by Joe H »

Offline bernamato

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2018, 04:42:22 PM »
rex2 has a midi notes in progression of half tone (i.e. from c0 to f0) to play an audio file. In this way YEM software cannot help to play a guitar chords. I tried to use yem without success. I don't understand the suggest give us from joe. I wish him a fast solution of his health. best regards

Offline Joe H

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2018, 11:11:14 PM »
For most western music there are MIDI guitar loops for sale that were created with a MIDI guitar and they sound very realistic. I suggested REX2 because of the special consideration of the Brazilian style of music and the instrument sound in particular which does not exist in our Yamaha keyboards.

I give Yamaha credit for supporting REX2 samples in YEM. I've loaded REX2 files and converted (loaded) them into my S970 and played them. They sounded just fine.  But I prefer SF2 (Sound Font) samples because they provide good results.  Even if you could find the right sound, you still wouldn't get the playing style and technique Enildo is looking for.

I was just offering ideas and suggestions.

;)

Joe H

Offline bernamato

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2018, 01:55:21 PM »
Thank you, Joe.