Author Topic: Hi and thanks Joe.  (Read 748 times)

Offline blackpool

Hi and thanks Joe.
« on: August 24, 2017, 07:54:34 AM »
Hi Joe + Forum members ....

I often check out this forum, but have never joined, as un-like other forums, you can browse as a guest, so had never bothered to join, as I cant offer much advice to anyone, being a 'plug and play' guy and I am not in the least technical.   

I do make great use of the tutorial site Joe. ..... thanks for this!! and have recently bought some files from you to help a little with support for this great 'trove' of FREE information for Yamaha users. The conversion style files of Onacimus are super....and Jim and the other folks registration/style contributions are really handy. 

I play a Tyros and currently have a T4 ( downgraded back down from a t5 believe it or not!! ) I also have an s770 and like others, am looking forward to seeing what Yamaha are offering with the new model.

When I collected my 770 recently, the dealer told me it would be 'Genos' and would be touch screen, ( which will be handy ) operating much the same way as the Clavinova .... so will wait and see. Although, I believe the Tyros wont be 'dead' just yet and a 6 will appear some time in the future, when there is the need to bolster sales! ..... but then that's only my humble view.

If there are any members in my 'neck of the woods' who maybe want to get in touch, feel free to PM me

Best regards - Keith  Blackpool U.K. 

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Hi and thanks Joe.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 11:52:49 AM »
Hi Keith,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  Thank you also, for a great introduction about your past experience with our forum.  Even though you are familiar with the forum, I will provide the links for you given to all new members, so most of this will be redundancy to you.

It would appear that since you have purchased some of the websites resources, you are now a supporting member.  Your profile doesn't reflect this, but I'm sure Joe will most likely update your profile in the near future.

You'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

We're so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  There are many members here who are always willing and eager to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: blackpool

Online Del B

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 01:26:32 PM »
Hi Joe + Forum members ....

I often check out this forum, but have never joined, as un-like other forums, you can browse as a guest, so had never bothered to join, as I cant offer much advice to anyone, being a 'plug and play' guy and I am not in the least technical.   

Keith do not feel that you cannot offer anything or any advice in this forum, I felt much the same when I joined and it took me about 1.1/2 - 2 years to participate, the members do not expect it and when it is given it is appreciated. I too am a plug & play guy and as for the technical side that is non existant, however there are some great technical members here who can answer most questions and if they can't one of them will go away and find out then come back to answer it.
I think you would enjoy the participation but it is not compulsory :) it is a great forum with some awesome members.

regards Del

The following users thanked this post: blackpool

Offline blackpool

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 02:40:39 AM »
Thanks Roger & Del

Ironic you should say about 'advice and help'  I suppose we are all not really aware of just what we know already and can help each other.

I spoke to a guy on the phone only last night who needed some advice re. choosing a PSRs model - and felt quite proud when he said at the end of the call just how pleased he was with my 'un-bias' advice ( not being a salesman ) and how much I had helped, so that was maybe an example of why I should maybe join the forum.

I just don't get much spare time - working more than FULL time, so please bear with my absence, but I will try to participate as much as I can and feel sure this is going to be very helpful for me with some of my issues.

Thanks - Keith   

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 02:51:02 AM »
Hi Keith and welcome to the forum  :)

I am very curious about one thing if I may ask: what made you revert form Tyros 5 to Tyros 4? People usually do the reverse, they sell their "older" model and add some money to buy the "new" one. Is there so thing that you particularly liked in the Tyros 4 and that you didn't find back in the Tyros 5?

Best Regards,

Vinciane.
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 03:32:40 AM »
Maybe The Voice Creator ?😉

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN