Author Topic: Help with Tyros 5 Style Problem  (Read 894 times)

Offline ricketsia76

Help with Tyros 5 Style Problem
« on: August 22, 2017, 12:10:15 PM »
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been struggling with this for a few weeks and after trying many things, the problem remains.

Problem: The bass part in "Style", any Style, - the note played with the Style stays the same. Doesn't change with chord change. The Bass part plays a rhythm but the note doesn't change.....

ACMP button lit....."Sync" , "Sync/Start" button lit and "Start/Stop" button flashing. Press "Start" with chord changes and Bass stays the same.

Background:  This has always worked. The Bass notes changes with the chord changes.

Can anyone think on something that I might have changed?

Sorry if the description isn't enough information.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Help with Tyros 5 Style Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 12:47:34 PM »
This is often caused by the MIDI settings on your keyboard.

Have a look at the reply to a similar problem at this link...

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,33595.msg251062.html#msg251062

Regards

Ian

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 01:07:14 PM »
Make sure your Midi settings are set to ALL PARTS. It probably has got moved without you noticing it. May be when cleaning the keyboard.

Offline ricketsia76

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 04:46:55 AM »
Thanks Eileen and Tyrosaurus for your help.  This has been troubling me for some time now. Problem resolved. I think I
did change settings perhaps when I was cleaning the keyboard.

Offline chirp

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 05:09:07 AM »
I had the same problem. Somehow the midi setting on the keyboard was not set to "all parts". I was very distraught over the situation. I posted my situation to this website and in 5 minutes I had the problem solved!!! I could have saved myself hours of agony. This forum is the best. There are so many kind helpful people here.
Carol

Offline terryB

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 12:32:06 AM »
The MIDI setting you accidently clicked onto is good with a set of bass pedals, where you control the bass notes.