Author Topic: Style tracks volume  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Constrictor

Style tracks volume
« on: August 21, 2017, 07:02:47 AM »
A Yamaha error? All styles from Main A to Main D are enriched with new tools and this is a good thing for song orchestras.
However, if we take the case, THE BALANCE OF VOLUMES OF THE VARIOUS TRACKS, NOT MAINTAINED, therefore setting a style in Main A, is not said to be used and exploited in Main B-C-D. In fact, for each Main, the volume of each track should be corrected.
This is common to all Tyros and PSRs.
Am I wrong?   :-\
Thank you all.
Franco

Online Joe H

Re: Style tracks volume
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 07:11:39 AM »
I'm not sure if I understand your question, but if a style Part is not used in some Sections then it will default to 100.  Some custom user styles may be programmed so that the Volume changes with each Section.

Which condition are you talking about?

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 08:17:44 AM »
 Franco,
Going to Style Creator to make the edits (calling up Mixing Console from within Style Creator) does result in changes only to the edited individual variation and the other style parts remain unaffected by your changes.
But if you carry out edits in the simplest way using Mixing Console without involving Style Creator any edits made to say Main A will now also be reproduced in Main B, C, and D if this is what you are asking.
John

Offline Marcus

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 10:42:39 AM »
Just to add to what John stated, you can make all style edits through the mixing console including volume and voice/drum kit changes, then enter Style Creator all edits made (volume/voice changes) with automatically be reproduced or applied to all Main variation, fill, intro/ending parts and re-save style.

Marcus

Offline Constrictor

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 02:06:52 PM »
Franco,
Going to Style Creator to make the edits (calling up Mixing Console from within Style Creator) does result in changes only to the edited individual variation and the other style parts remain unaffected by your changes.
But if you carry out edits in the simplest way using Mixing Console without involving Style Creator any edits made to say Main A will now also be reproduced in Main B, C, and D if this is what you are asking.
John

I just wanted to say that the volume intensity of the tracks from Main A to Main D is VARIABLE IN INTENSITY and then start with a low volume (Main A) but by playing Main B / C / D the volume increases in Disproportionate way. You should ALWAYS correct the volume of the tracks, with the Mixing Console and save on Registration Memory to avoid using Style Creator.
I do not know if it's clear what I want to tell you.
Thanks for all.
Franco

Offline Marcus

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 08:18:47 PM »
I just wanted to say that the volume intensity of the tracks from Main A to Main D is VARIABLE IN INTENSITY and then start with a low volume (Main A) but by playing Main B / C / D the volume increases in Disproportionate way. You should ALWAYS correct the volume of the tracks, with the Mixing Console and save on Registration Memory to avoid using Style Creator.
I do not know if it's clear what I want to tell you.
Thanks for all.
Franco

There isn't any volume corrections to correct, unless it is the users preference to change to suit. This is how Yamaha or most other brands designed most of their styles, starting with a more simple style programming in Main Variation A, to more dynamic or increased complexity in Main Variation D. Obviously some increased volume adjustments are required in the subsequent Main Variations to compensate for increased programming or added voices/parts to other style channels.

I personally prefer, that any volume changes to any style part is permanently changed and saved in Style Creator, rather then a registration save. Easier just to make folders with all your edited style saves. Again, any volume change to a style channel made in the Mixing Console will also be made to "all" the style Main Variations. Same as selecting a new voice or drum kit. This is providing you make the changes "before" entering Style Creator. If you make the changes in the Mixing Console while in Style Creator mode, then the changes are only made to the active Main Variation, Intro, Fill, Break or Ending.

Universal changes to all styles parts will work easier before entering Style Creator, then it is just an easy matter of pressing Style Creator in the Creator Menu, and pressing "save" (to save the corrections/preferences to your new style save). Easier now to find or recall this re-saved style file, then making registration saves of the individual style edits.

Just curious, what particular Tyros 5 styles or style names contain these disproportionate volume increases that required user corrections from the Yamaha default? There might be yet an alternate explanation to what is being experienced as abnormal or disproportionate style volume changes. Most Tyros 5 users probably overlook the fact that you can select "Style Touch" and options for "Style Change Behavior" in the Functions Menu, under the "Style Settings/Split Point/Chord Fingering" tab. There is possibility that if "Style Touch" is "On" and one of the Style Parts is highlighted in the Section Set, that style part could produced increased volume changes to your keyboard playing (see photo "Style Touch"). This might give the perception that some abnormal volume changes where occurring to that highlighted style part.

Regards, Marcus
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:33:43 PM by Marcus »

The following users thanked this post: terryB, tyrosrick

Offline Constrictor

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 06:23:28 AM »
Marcus, good.
Great explanation and thank you very much for what you wrote to me in your post. I give you a single example of excessive volume of a style in Main C and Main D.
Specifically, Main C and Main D generally have this disadvantage.
Also many Audio Styles, have an excessive volume in Track 9 (Audio)
Test the Tyros 5 style Love Song.
There are many others, anyway.
Many greetings.
Franco

Offline Marcus

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 10:20:58 AM »
Marcus, good.
Great explanation and thank you very much for what you wrote to me in your post. I give you a single example of excessive volume of a style in Main C and Main D.
Specifically, Main C and Main D generally have this disadvantage.
Also many Audio Styles, have an excessive volume in Track 9 (Audio)
Test the Tyros 5 style Love Song.
There are many others, anyway.
Many greetings.
Franco
Hi Franco
I checked out the Tyros 5 "Love Song" style. Yes, the drum channel 10 is a bit excessive on Main Variation C & D, compared to Main Variation A & B, because Yamaha programmed a snare drum pattern from the AcousticKit drum kit, however I agree that the velocity level used is a bit high. The actual volume levels for channels 9 & 10 is actually maintained throughout all the Style Main Variations and Style parts. So the issue is not Style Volume levels, but rather the programmed velocity level of the snare drum in Main Variation C & D in the AcousticKit drum kit in the Love Song style example.

Easiest fix, if one didn't like that predominate snare drum in Variation C & D, change the drum kit to a less subtle snare drum, like "RealBrushes" or a 'JazzKit". For example, I modified the default Tyros 5 "Love Song" style. In Style Creator, I simply substituted the "JazzKit" in channel 10 for Main Variation C & D, Fill C & D, Break, and Intro/Ending 3. Took about 45 seconds, and re-saved the style (see attachment LoveSong-mod.T160.STY). Perhaps Yamaha can give us an improved Drum editor in the next Tyros/Genos model, so that we can adjust the volume or velocity data to each individual drum kit voice.

In regards to Audio Styles, the audio track volume can be changed easily in the Mixing Console (see photo- Style-page2). With the Audio Style called up, enter page 2 in the Mixing Console for style part volumes. Adjust the Audio drum track volume to your liking, enter Style Creator and re-save the Audio Style. Audio Style modifications through Style Creator can only be saved to the Tyros 5 User drive. I dedicate my User drive for only audio style saves, which can hold up to approximately 100 styles.

Hope this helps,
Marcus

The following users thanked this post: terryB

Offline Constrictor

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 02:10:38 PM »
Hi Marcus, many thanks for your constructive intervention.
Tomorrow i use your Love Song Mod style, then i you write in this thread.
Greeting.
Franco

N.B.: Please excuse my english, but i am italian. - Thanks

Offline Constrictor

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 07:44:44 AM »
Hi Marcus, your LoveSong-mod.T160.STY, is good in Main C e Main D.
Perfect.
I employed your style in 4 my execution.
Many thanks to you.
Franco
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 07:46:26 AM by Constrictor »

Offline Marcus

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 09:52:59 AM »
Hi Marcus, your LoveSong-mod.T160.STY, is good in Main C e Main D.
Perfect.
I employed your style in 4 my execution.
Many thanks to you.
Franco
Hi Franco
Read up and get familiar with the Style Creator function. Actually really easy to edit or re-assemble style parts to your liking. Get the most out of your Tyros 5.

Marcus

Offline Constrictor

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 02:31:11 PM »
Hi Franco
Read up and get familiar with the Style Creator function. Actually really easy to edit or re-assemble style parts to your liking. Get the most out of your Tyros 5.

Marcus

Marcus, I really have to try to use a lot of Style Creator. I think you're right.
Thanks again.
Franco