Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 557 times)

Offline Roger13

Welcome
« on: August 21, 2017, 05:56:04 AM »
Hello Members
My Name is Roger, I currently play a PSR S970, I am a newbi on this site. I am 81 years old this year in October, I played regular keyboard until 1997 when I retired after running my own outfit since 1952, a few of the guys had passed on and I was crippled up in my hands with Arthritis which makes playing a little troublesome sometimes. In 2012/3 I was asked by an old alto player of mine if I still had a keyboard as he needed help with  teaching of students which prompted me to buy a small keyboard an PSR E423 and start playing once more, this was upgraded in 2014 to a PSR S750 and this has been upgraded this year to a PSR S970.
I started playing in1947 with a classical teacher this was fine until 1950/1 when I purchased a copy 'April in Portugal' and asked him to play it. He refused saying it was not music to which I said its got treble & bass clefs on with notes etc so why is it not music he said he would never lower himself to play that kind of music, so I said in that case I'm leaving. I started work and met another Music teacher who was also playing for a Dance Band and asked him if he would teach me, within a few months he had me playing with a small quartet who's pianist was on leave, I never stopped after that and formed my own outfit in 1952 some of these guys stayed with me till1997. I still see these guys and the last time we performed together was Oct 2016 on my 80th birthday, I play mostly at home and on occasions at an OAPs
residential home not far from me, just for a couple of hours, so I must be mad as I'm older that most of the residents in the place. Nice to be here and get advice fro m the experts form time to time.
Best regards to you all
Roger

Re: Welcome
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 09:32:12 AM »
Welcome Roger and thanks for the interesting biographical data. I know you will enjoy the site with the wealth of information here.
Current Gear: Roland E-A7, KRK Rokit 5s.
Previously Owned: Yamaha PSR-740, Yamaha PSR-1100, Yamaha PSR-S750, Roland BK-3.

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 09:34:49 AM »
Very welcome, Roger !
I enjoyed your music history.  :)

Jeff
XGW - SONAR PLATINUM - CUBASE 8 WIN - MIXCRAFT8

Online Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 12:11:44 PM »
Hi Roger,

Welcome to the forum, from another Roger, and thank you for becoming a member.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading your background synopsis, which was very interesting.  You certainly have a love for music.  I'm sure you're going to learn a great deal about your new PSR-S970 keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

We're so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  There are many members here who are always willing and eager to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline Roger13

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 02:13:46 PM »
Hello Bill Tracy.Jeff  Hollande and Roger Brenizer

Many thanks for your warm welcome, I shall do my best to participate on the site

Offline Geewag

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 08:17:19 PM »
Welcome Roger,

I have been a member off and on for several years and the expertise, kindness and helpfulness of the people on this board are amazing.

Dave