Author Topic: Style request ?  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Al Ram

Style request ?
« on: August 20, 2017, 08:28:33 AM »
Hello Friends
For some reason I am having a hard time finding a T5 style for the song below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU2Oo9zDEU8

do you have any recommendations or style that you can share . . . . ?

thanks in advance.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline RichardL

Re: Style request ?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 02:37:42 PM »
Nice song, very nice singer!

But sorry Al ram I cannot help.

Regards, Richard

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 06:10:11 PM »
Richard

thanks for your note. 

Have a great day

AL
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 02:38:23 AM »
Try Piano Ballad in the Ballad section page 5.

Offline Constrictor

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 06:42:12 AM »
Hello Friends
For some reason I am having a hard time finding a T5 style for the song below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU2Oo9zDEU8

do you have any recommendations or style that you can share . . . . ?

thanks in advance.

You can use the style Love Song (Ballad Section Pag.6 in Tyros 5) for this song
Franco

Offline Marcus

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 07:07:56 AM »
What you want to do is find a 16beat style and the guitar riff that matches the song, Para Volver a Amar. The closest Tyros 5 style that approximates this riff is perhaps the Modern16btBld style under the Ballad presets. Tweaking of the style will be required plus increasing the 60 tempo to around 75 bpm. Also the beginning of the song has no drum track, but you need some reference to keep the timing.

So I quickly tweaked the Modern16btBld style removing the channel 10 drum track in main variation A and B, but kept the sub-drum track on channel 9, and re-voiced the guitar track. I reworked the OTS voices with RH piano and solo guitar choices, plus added a suitable Steel16BtArp Multipad link to the style (use during appropriate portions of the song). Keep the OTS LINK button on, check out the OTS voices (if usable) and activate a Multipad when you want. (see attachment Modern16btBld-mod.T160)

I couldn't find a free copy of the MIDI Song File, but one can be purchased from this site.
http://miditracks.net/site/modules.php?name=Asers_Shop&s_op=viewproductdetails&lid=2167&cid=380
The issue with non-Yamaha MIDI Song files is the voicing and channel volumes are not optimized for your Tyros 5, but any changes can be made in Song Creator and saved. For some of my more complex or difficult songs, I do use MIDI Song song files, but I rarely will purchase one.

Also chords and lyrics can be searched all over the internet. I sometimes use the following site to find or hear the chords.
https://chordify.net/chords/para-volver-a-amar-kany-garciadjpepe2013-dj-pepe-mas-que-music

If I had more time I could probably reassemble a closer style for you, but I would have to search through tons of styles to find style parts I would need. The Tyros 5 is great arranger with lots of resources to help me create what I need, but I hope this helps.

Regards, Marcus
Gear: Triangle

The following users thanked this post: Ed B, jm, Bertie59, J.Storms, Del B, Eli1256, tyrosrick

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 05:28:20 PM »
Eileen and Franco
thanks a lot.  I will try those styles.

Marcus,

I really appreciate you taking the time.  I downloaded the style you modified.  I will try it tonite/tomorrow.     Thanks so much for pointing out that this is 16Beat.  No wonder, i was trying 4/4 and 8Beat styles and could not find one that suited me.  Did not try a 16Beat style.

I certainly would not be able to do what you just did.   I checked the additional links you sent.  They are great.  I do not use midis (so far).   The one for chords is also great. 

Those are great resources.

thanks so much i really appreciate it.

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline jm

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 10:28:35 PM »
How nice of you Marcus to go to all that trouble! I have also downloaded your modified
Style :) Thank you :)
Kind regards
jm
Late Learner! Not blessed with any musical ability!☹️ But love music!  I use headphones so as not offend my husband or anyone else 😂Tyros 3 now Tyros 5.

Offline Bertie59

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 01:34:16 AM »
Hi Marcus
I've downloaded your tweaked style too - hope that's ok.
I was intrigued to read how you had modified it - there's no way I could have done it either!
Regards
Sue  :)