Author Topic: Oriental Styles for TYROS Owners  (Read 685 times)

Online PSR-USR-IND

Oriental Styles for TYROS Owners
« on: August 15, 2017, 07:07:01 PM »
Hi Friends,
   Now I have PSR-S970. I made many conversions for PSR-3000, PSR-S910,  PSR-S950 and PSR-S970. I compiled all YAMAHA Preset  4 Variation styles in 3 collections.
1. Standard Collection (SFF1 Styles without mega Voices)
2. Super Mega Collection (SFF1 Styles with SuperArticulation Voices in OTS and Mega Voices in style tracks)
3. Super Mega Plus Collection (SFF2 styles as previous)
   In TYROS keyboards, ArabicKit(with PC No. 37), ArabicMixKit are not included. But included in PSR Models.
YAMAHA  released 4 Oriental keyboards. All Oriental styles use Arabic, Iranian and Khaligi Kits. These are strange to TYROS, CVP and PSR models. I converted all Oriental styles without any risk of Oriental Voices and Drumkits..
I included PSR-A1000 (released 2001) styles to Standard Collection.
PSR-OR700 (released 2007) to Super Mega collection.
PSR-A2000 (2011) and PSR-A3000 (2015) to Super Mega Plus Collection (on process)
You can checkout from
http://www.psrtutorial.com/sty/collections/onacimus.html

With Regards
Onacimus
Onacimus Sahayam
My Styles

Offline Pauljones

Re: Oriental Styles for TYROS Owners
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 08:31:31 PM »
Many thanks Onacimus.

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 01:10:26 AM »
I appreciate the gesture, but I can't make sense of what is being offered here, specifically for Tyros 5 users. Can anyone explain more clearly?
Yamaha Genos | Roland A-800 Pro | Cubase 9 Elements | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape & Stylus RMX | Arturia Spark 2 | Yamaha APX 700II 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 03:19:47 AM »
I would imagine these are styles that have been revoiced with Tyros sounds and drum kits so not very authentic but usable.

Online PSR-USR-IND

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 10:39:09 AM »
The Oriental styles are included in 'World2-OR' and 'World3-OR' of both  PSR-S970 Standard & Super Mega Collection and 'World3-OR' & 'World4-OR' of Super Mega Plus Collection. The styles in other categories are common. But still have lot of unique styles.
For Oriental styles I remaped the Oriental Kits using ArabicKit (with PC No 36), PopLatinKit and other Kits commom to TYROS and PSR models. And also transfered R1/R2 from other  matching styles. Because revoicing is impossible.
Onacimus Sahayam
My Styles

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 10:48:08 AM »
The Oriental styles are included in 'World2-OR' and 'World3-OR' of both  PSR-S970 Standard & Super Mega Collection and 'World3-OR' & 'World4-OR' of Super Mega Plus Collection. The styles in other categories are common. But still have lot of unique styles.
For Oriental styles I remaped the Oriental Kits using ArabicKit (with PC No 36), PopLatinKit and other Kits commom to TYROS and PSR models. And also transfered R1/R2 from other  matching styles. Because revoicing is impossible.

Thanks - I've downloaded all your PSR-S970 sets and I have to say I think you've done a fantastic job. The collection is a treasure-trove! It would be so nice to have the correct Indian/Asian instruments (specifically the percussive sounds), but sadly Yamaha have never gotten around to supplying a Tyros soundset of Indian and Asian instruments and drum sounds. It's a real annoyance. This is the same company that can happily produce a keyboard such as the PSR-A3000 packed to the gills with exotic instruments, after all. :-[ I had to spend a great deal of money on the SWAR Sounds Indian sound library for Tyros5. Ouch!

Many thanks for all your hard work and for your generosity in sharing the style files with us all.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 10:49:51 AM by CalUKGR »
Yamaha Genos | Roland A-800 Pro | Cubase 9 Elements | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape & Stylus RMX | Arturia Spark 2 | Yamaha APX 700II 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar

The following users thanked this post: PSR-USR-IND