Author Topic: Help- problem storing changes  (Read 623 times)

Offline ricketsia76

Help- problem storing changes
« on: August 10, 2017, 10:11:13 PM »
Hello.

I am having a  problem and would greatly appreciate some help.

I have songs saved to registrations. With each song, I change mixer settings, adjusting volumes. Also change which instruments to use.

Problem: I have followed the manual to save the changes, but they are not saved. I have gone over and over all the steps and don't know what I am missing. It shouldn't be that difficult. I am super frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline voodoo

Re: Help- problem storing changes
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 11:50:52 PM »
In song creator there is a button "apply", that stores song settings to the midi file, that has to be saved afterwards. Changes in mixing console or instruments (for the song) get saved only, if this is done. Changes for the song are not stored in the registration. In most cases this is the reason for confusion. Have you checked this?

Uli
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:52:52 PM by voodoo »
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline ricketsia76

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 07:12:43 AM »
Thank you Voodoo. I will try your suggestion.

Offline Cosmorot

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 07:38:42 AM »
This does not work!  :'( I already made a post on this topic.

The following users thanked this post: ricketsia76

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 12:51:08 PM »
On Tyros 5,
After making your changes in Mixing Console they need to be made permanent before saving so firstly ensure you are at the start of the song by pushing the Stop button on the Song panel.
Then go to Song Creator Channel tab and scroll down to Setup.
Make sure all choices in the top half of the Select box are selected. (Should be by default).
Push execute. (If the execute button is greyed out make sure the song is at the start).
Now Save and your changes should stick.
John

The following users thanked this post: ricketsia76

Offline ricketsia76

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 06:01:45 AM »
Thank you very much. You help was greatly appreciated. I've been struggling with this for some time.

Problem resolved.

Take care. Thanks again!

Offline Cosmorot

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 11:43:38 AM »
This does not work! It does not work until one note on the channel is recorded in real time!

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 03:41:51 AM »
I would assume there are notes on the channels otherwise why would you alter effects in the song and want to save them.
  If on the other hand you are talking about the registration voices used to play along with the song then they are saved to the registration the song is linked to.