Author Topic: Unexpected Error(main)  (Read 603 times)

Online FFR 3099

Unexpected Error(main)
« on: August 10, 2017, 11:11:03 AM »
I've had my PSR 910 for 7 years and use it at home. Recently I got this message and it said to turn off the power. It will then restart and last a few minutes, then the message again. Is there a really common problem that causes this?  I'm out of warranty and can't find any really helpful answers, except to take it in for repair. I have changed the key contact strips before(easy) and would order a new part if I knew what to order.

Offline rgw

Re: Unexpected Error(main)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 08:08:57 AM »
Hi FFR3099,

Have you tried a Factory Reset?

Richard.

Online FFR 3099

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 09:21:46 AM »
Richard- No, I haven't tried a reset but I did search on the site and called Yamaha. Yamaha just suggested I take it in to a local repair shop for diagnosis. All references I could find said that a reset didn't help. I did back up my personal settings. My guess is a cracked board as I can turn it on and it will work for a while then fail. The longer I let it cool before restarting, the longer it will stay on. I'll try the rest anyway, can't hurt.

Online FFR 3099

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 09:09:44 AM »
F.Y.I.- I tried the reset, didn't make any difference. I decided to drop off my S-910 at the the recommended repair center. They seemed to think it was a board but will check it out and call me with an estimate. I will post the results for someone else who might have the same problem. Estimate 2-4 weeks.

Offline rgw

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 10:40:46 AM »
Hi FFR3099,

Thanks for the info. I hope it won't break the Bank!

Best wishes,

Richard.

Online FFR 3099

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 09:01:11 AM »
I said I would post  the results for the diagnosis on my S910. I took It ti the local shop recommended by Yamaha customer service and they looked in to it. It seem that the DM board is bad and would need to be replaced to the tune of $2100!!! I declined to repair and picked up the board. I then called Yamaha and inquired about the price of that board. The nice lady said that that board listed for over $2000. She had no explanation for the price, either. Since I am considering a new S970 I asked about the price of that DM board and was told it is a little over $500. I hate to give up on my 910 but it doesn't make sense to repair it. What the heck Yamaha?????

Offline jtrue

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 09:10:27 AM »
If you go to eBay and search for Yamaha PSR-S910 there is a company that offers to repair the boards. I have no experience with them and this is not an endorsement, but it might be something you want to try.

j.
It don't mean a thing...

Offline Marty

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 09:19:40 AM »
Hi You could also try using a can of aerosol  freezer spray used in fault finding electronic pcbs since the problem is believed to be heat related. You may be able to isolate the board and possibly even the suspect component.

Marty