Author Topic: Cab 'Talk' be controlled with Registrations?  (Read 600 times)

Offline LArmatage

Cab 'Talk' be controlled with Registrations?
« on: August 10, 2017, 04:45:49 AM »
Hello from Canada;
     When I sing and play, I'll often have a small spoken intro to a song, (hopefully) interesting background info on the 'story' of the song.

I press Talk, and shut off Effects, do the short spoken info, then press Talk and Effects, so that now Talk is off, and Effects is on.

Now there's not a lot of problem with leaving Talk on with effects, except for one thing; the Vocal Harmony won't function. Being over half the age of Canada, I sometimes forget to turn off Talk when I sing.

The question is, is there some way to bring Talk in/out  with Registrations..... I've looked, and haven't found it.

Thanks for any help, and once again, sincere thanks to all of you who help make our enjoyment of these keyboards so much more satisfying.

Larry

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Cab 'Talk' be controlled with Registrations?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 05:34:11 AM »
Unfortunately, Talk cannot be controlled by a registration.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline LArmatage

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 06:07:33 AM »
Thanks Fred;
     I thought that would be the answer. The only way I can think to improve it is that on my short highlight  for the 'intro'  text  page on R1, at the bottom, put a reminder to turn off talk. Then when I press R2 to start the song, everything should be fine.

Best regards, and again , thanks.

Larry

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 10:33:12 AM »
Actually you can use the Registration for talk, I do it  all the time.  ;D

It is simple to go to your Registration and turn all your effects off your MIC setting and SAVE that setting to an new registration location. I have FOUR settings set up:

Slot 1 --  is set up with the MIC volume at ZERO. I use it when I am talking to someone with my headset on and when taking a drink of "water".

Slot 2 -- is set up for TALKING. I also have the Volume turned UP much higher than my singing slots.

Slot 7 -- is set up for singing but with no backup singer.

Slot 8 -- is set up with my back up harmony singer.

I have them separated 1&2 AND 7&8, so there is no possible way to hit the wrong setting.

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 10:34:39 AM by DrakeM »

Offline LArmatage

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 05:37:31 PM »
Hi Drake;
   Thanks for the help..... sounds like you have a great solution.

I'm not quite clear how, if I'm using a Registration arrangement of, say, "By the Time I get to Phoenix", that I am able to use another Registration at the same time.

Could you clarify a bit more.

Thanks,
Larry

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 07:23:45 PM »
   Thanks for the help..... sounds like you have a great solution.

I'm not quite clear how, if I'm using a Registration arrangement of, say, "By the Time I get to Phoenix", that I am able to use another Registration at the same time.

You can't use two registrations at the same time. You would need to store all your settings in one registration. To do so, load your registration, make the Mic changes Drake has specified, then re-memorize your registration.

I'm impressed Drake was able to get this to work, because I could never get a Talk setting stored in a registration. I will give it another try now that Drake's given better direction.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline LArmatage

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 01:13:11 PM »
Hi Fred;

You confirmed what I thought about 2 registrations.

I'm not sure how Drake got 'talk' to work in Registrations. If you get it  working, could you share the method with us.
Thanks very much,

Larry

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 02:09:32 PM »
I am attaching my Registration that I use with my PSR- S950

I don't know if you can use it in your keyboard but maybe you can use another program to view it.

I have several Mic registrations set up with various types of backup singers that I need and also different settings of Reverb used on the mic for different songs.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:13:24 PM by DrakeM »

The following users thanked this post: bmarcill

Offline LArmatage

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 10:42:13 AM »
Hi Drake;
    Thanks for the clips.... very good. I have no doubt that you can control 'talk" (on and off), with Registration buttons, but I'm not sure how you do it.

I may be a little s-l-o, but I need help if you can. This would be very useful for me.

Thanks,

Larry