PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-E Series

Can I fix this ?

(1/4) > >>

Aussiejean:
I am trying to get on top of this complicated little machine, but have struck a problem. I have a PSR910, but am wanting to show a friend how this E453 works as she is new to keyboards. I have worked through the basics, and thought I would see if I could copy a style from my 910 as stated on page 67 of the manual. I inserted the USB stick, pressed  the function button  and followed the directions  and thought I loaded the style into 221 but it says no file. Now The function button will not go off LOAD STYLE. I have done a factory reset, but no change, Big Panic, as it is not my machine. If I press the + button it says No File. Any help appreciated thanks.  Jean :'( :'(

DrakeM:
Did you remove the USB stick and then do the factory reset?

Aussiejean:
! cant remember, Drake, but probably not. I have tried using the numbers to enter other functions, but it still says NO File. Jean

SeaGtGruff:
My gut feeling is that it isn't showing the style file you'd saved because that style file isn't usable for one reason or other.

(1) Only SFF1 style files can be used, so if the style file you'd saved is SFF2 you'll need to use a utility to convert it to SFF1.

(2) There is a size limit of approximately 50K (IIRC)-- the exact number of bytes varies from model to model based on the size of its system memory and how much of that space is allocated for various things, such as the registrations. If the style file you'd saved is larger than about 50K, you'll need to see if there's any way to reduce its size, such as by removing any sections that aren't usable, such as the C and D variations of the different sections.

There might be other possible issues, but I think those are the two to watch out for. Of course, the voices and effects in the style will probably need to be adjusted to select ones that are available on the PSR-E453.

In any case, I doubt if you've damaged the keyboard's memory, but you definitely want to follow proper safety precautions about inserting and removing USB sticks, as well as not turning off the keyboard while it's writing data.

You can use Jorgen Sorensen's utilities to convert from SFF2 to SFF1, to remove any unusable sections, and to edit the voices.

Aussiejean:
Thanks for helping Seagruff. I have not got the experience to alter the style as you suggest. I don't particularly want that style, it was just to see if the 453 would load a style from my 910. It was one of Elaines. Is there any way to normalise the function button, not worrying about altering the style. It is not moving from the LOAD STYLE display,  neither by  the yes/no buttons or the data wheel,   except to say NO FILE The style and voice buttons pattern and song display are working normally. Would loading a safe style help, as it seems to be waiting for the style??? I'm pretty sure I took the USB  stick out. Jean.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version