Author Topic: new Yamaha keyboard  (Read 2347 times)

Offline tomtomsf

new Yamaha keyboard
« on: August 01, 2017, 06:10:21 PM »
It looks like Yamaha has released a new piano keyboard with arranger features. It relies heavily on using the Apple iPad to control most of the settings. Maybe this is a hint as to what we can expect from the upcoming Genos (Tyros 6)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz24clpQKMo&t=902s

Tom G.
Tyros 4

Offline mikf

Re: new Yamaha keyboard
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:55:43 PM »
Really learning rather than arranger features, but it
is interesting use of an iPad to interface, rather than a built in screen. Also
Provides a new route to sell stuff via iTunes!
Mike

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 11:37:13 PM »
Hi Tom :

Good to hear the voice again of a good old friend. :)

Thank you for your very interesting information. Very useful tool !

Hopefully one day ( soon, I would rather say  ;) ) Yami will also make Android apps.
There are so many people in the world using Android devices ( smart phones and tablets ).
Android is becoming so popular.

Bye for now, Jeff

« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:42:36 PM by Jeff Hollande »
XGW - SONAR PLATINUM - CUBASE 8 WIN - MIXCRAFT8

The following users thanked this post: tomtomsf

Offline Bachus

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 02:21:51 AM »
I think the Genos might be an ipad app afterall...  with all the features of the Tyros 6... that comes for free with all other Yamaha instruments...

Just kidding, that could be like killing your own golden duck...

But, i do hope, yamaha will further develop an ipad app, so you can add imrpoved versions of all those features to any Yamaha keyboard...  with a bit more effort an app like that could turn the Montage in a fullfledged arranger..   
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Admin of : www.keyszone.boards.net

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 02:48:26 AM »
I was told the Yamaha chose Ipad for there apps because it was a more secure system. Most of there apps are free and work very well indeed.

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 03:38:08 AM »
Hopefully they will change their mind and add Android, like most companies are doing these days.
Android ( made by Google ) became very stable and secure now.

Jeff

Offline Bachus

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 05:15:31 AM »
I was told the Yamaha chose Ipad for there apps because it was a more secure system. Most of there apps are free and work very well indeed.

There are several reasons for commiting to ipad..
- more secure, no piracy, and customers willing to pay for products
- easier to program, espescially for midi and audio apps
- the support that apple provides not only to the cutomers but also to the programmers

By now, every musician buying a tablet must realise he needs to buy apple if he wants to do any musicall stuff outside music reading with it.
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Offline pjd

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 06:46:08 AM »
Hi --

The Smart Pianist app is the culmination of years of research by Yamaha in music analysis. Yamaha have filed many patents on music analysis technology. Music analysis is also a very hot area for academic research.

Smart Pianist enhances the ecosystem and competitive position of Yamaha keyboards. Yamaha's corporate mission is to produce instruments that delight the customer with features that cannot be easily copied by competitors.

We're going to see more of this -- a lot more! These kinds of software apps enhance the ecosystem for traditional wind and string instruments, too. Check out Yamaha's Kittar app (free) for iPad. I tried Kittar with Jon Batiste's "God Rest Ye Merry" and it did a terrific job of breaking the tune down into sections. Add Chord Tracker, stir well, and voila! You can jam away on a 16 bar section with Jon.

This is very exciting stuff!

-- pj

Offline pjd

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 11:41:29 AM »

Hi --

I just had a chance to scan the manual and data list for the CSP-150 and CSP-170. These are very interesting keyboards, indeed!

By our typical measures, they are arrangers under the hood:

470 styles (396 Pro Styles, 34 Session Styles, 4 Free Play Styles, 36 Pianist Styles).

692 voices (14 VRM Voices, 113 Super Articulation Voices, 27 Natural! Voices, 27 Sweet! Voices, 63 Cool! Voices, 69 Live! Voices, 30 Organ Flutes! Voices).

One DSP unit which seems up to date including the Real Distortion effects.

The main differences between the 170 and 150 are keyboard action (NWX and GH3X, respectively) and sound system (2 x 45W and 2 x 30W, respectively). USA list prices are $5,399 to $5,999, and $3,999.00 to $4,599.00 USD.

Smart Pianist provides access and control for everything. Some styles and voices are accessible through a FUNCTION button plus piano key press. No display, no touch panel. The Smart Pianist app plus a tablet do all the user interface work.

Android support is planned for Spring 2018.

The key highlighted quote on the Yamaha USA site is: "For the first time, music lovers who were previously content with passively listening to their favorite songs can now play the music of their lives, and jam along with their favorite artists, providing inspiring accompaniment the first time they sit down at the CSP," says Dane Madsen, marketing manager for digital pianos at Yamaha. "Music lovers who have always wanted to learn to play the piano can now fulfill what for many is a lifelong dream."

I think we're looking at the future of Yamaha arrangers, especially for the home player who wants an 88 key weighted action piano.

All the best -- pj

Offline Joe H

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 12:36:25 PM »
... Smart Pianist provides access and control for everything. Some styles and voices are accessible through a FUNCTION button plus piano key press. No display, no touch panel. The Smart Pianist app plus a tablet do all the user interface work...

All the best -- pj

Just a way to cut costs... or either that; Yamaha plans on buying both Apple and Samsung some day.

;D

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 02:12:12 PM »
Hi Jeff!

I am always around, just not saying much lately. ;)

Yamaha says that an Android app is coming soon -in early 2018. If the new Tyros 6/Genos also relies heavily on an app, Yamaha will need to make that one available on both platforms, IOS and Android, in order to satisfy their customer base. It looks like Yamaha is moving towards doing just that with this new CSP.

Tom G.

Hi Tom :

Good to hear the voice again of a good old friend. :)

Thank you for your very interesting information. Very useful tool !

Hopefully one day ( soon, I would rather say  ;) ) Yami will also make Android apps.
There are so many people in the world using Android devices ( smart phones and tablets ).
Android is becoming so popular.

Bye for now, Jeff

Tyros 4

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 08:27:44 PM »
You made my day, Tom ! 😊
Thank you for the good news.

Jeff

Offline CRTyros

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 02:13:03 AM »
Thanks PJ for your technical input.

Did you notice the new VRM (Virtual Resonance Modeling)? I do not believe that T5 has any VRM voices? Apparently the VRM is used by piano voices. But would this be the next generation of super articulation2?

I believe that this piano is the competitor for Korgs Havian 30 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y84JxJki8oI).
But it looks like the Genos will have some of the features from this model:
The touch-screen is now a given feature both the CVP and this model support it.
The song-mode chord and melody recognition to play along with.
VRM sounds

But the questions is what will be the killer app/feature for the future Genos?

/Claudio

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 02:20:21 AM »
I agree, very interesting information, PJD ! :)

Thank you very much, Jeff
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 02:21:31 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Bachus

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 02:33:51 AM »
Thanks PJ for your technical input.

Did you notice the new VRM (Virtual Resonance Modeling)? I do not believe that T5 has any VRM voices? Apparently the VRM is used by piano voices. But would this be the next generation of super articulation2?

I believe that this piano is the competitor for Korgs Havian 30 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y84JxJki8oI).
But it looks like the Genos will have some of the features from this model:
The touch-screen is now a given feature both the CVP and this model support it.
The song-mode chord and melody recognition to play along with.
VRM sounds

But the questions is what will be the killer app/feature for the future Genos?

/Claudio

VRM has been available on the CVP range for almost a decade i believe since the 609.

Latest technollogy from Yamaha is the SCM spectral component modeling.. which is comparable to Rolands V ACB and ACD technollogy but then also for physical components..

Yamaha has a huge amount of virtual models under development. SA2 or EAM is only one of them. However they keep spreading this technollogy over all their instruments, and not like Korg did, adding all that in a single instrument ((Kronos))

There is a broad range

Offline pjd

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 06:42:30 AM »
Hi folks --

My time zone is just catching up and my body is just getting caffeinated. :-)

Thanks, Claudio. I think the CSP series is competing with higher priced "furniture" pianos for the home. The Havian is at a different price point and is more like a stage piano mixed with an arranger. (Not that that's a bad thing!) Also, I did a quick search of North American on-line retailers and I get the feel that Havian 30 is on it's way out. Some retailers no longer list the Havian and I found one or two totally insane deals.

I agree WRT possible GENOS features and Joe's comment about lowering cost versus the CVP series. Based on Yamaha's patents, GENOS may provide a chord chart feature where a musician can enter a textual chord progression and the GENOS app translates the chord chart to an accompaniment. The chord chart includes annotations for INTRO, MAIN, FILL, etc. Already, Yamaha's Chord Tracker can generate and accompaniment and send it to your arranger.

I put the Smart Pianist app on my iPad last night. No, it won't connect to my S950. :-) The graphics are very nice. Same style and quality as the Digital Piano Controller app. Voice selection, but no editing. For example, organ flute preset voices, but no ability to change drawbar settings.

Other impressions. This is a piano for people wanting a piano experience. That said, no multipads, no pitch bend mod wheels, etc. They took a lot of cost out of this product by eliminated all them LEDs, switches, knobs and display.

The main screen shows the main voice, layer voice and left voice. Functionally, these are similar to RIGHT1, RIGHT2 and LEFT. The UI doesn't use the names RIGHT1, etc., however.

The Smart Pianist app has Chord Tracker embedded. I think it actually found the existing chord info for the song I tried. You cannot generate a score without being connected to a CSP-150 or CSP-170. Can't change voices, etc. without being connected, too.

I'm still wondering how a CSP would fit with our music ministry. Can't wait to play one. I've got a field trip to our dealer in New Hampshire in the future...

More thoughts and will probably write some kind of thought piece for the blog.

Hey, hey, thanks for all of your thoughts and comments!

-- pj

P.S. With the name "CSP", I'm sure to refer to "Communicating sequential processes" some day. Bad CS humor.

Offline pjd

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 10:20:55 AM »
Hi --

I eventually did post something on the blog:

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/yamaha-csp-first-take/

I think Bachus might have mentioned this already (on one of these many forums!) -- Yamaha have created a lot of opportunity to sell sheet music, etc. directly from Yamaha Musicsoft. Maybe the player doesn't like the simple score which the Smart Pianist app creates. Ta-da! Download the sheet music from Musicsoft. Or a MIDI file. Just another form of PianoSoft.

Interesting stuff -- pj

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Hollande, CRTyros

Offline maartenb

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 01:27:40 AM »
Thanks Paul for the links and blog post!

The ability to produce a simplified score of any western music is a great accomplishment of Yamaha! It's a fun way to learn to play the piano and get accustomed to the concept of arrangers. Hopefully this will interest young people in the arranger world!

Besides the benefits of using an iPad/Android tablet (like big size screen, touch, easy and fast to change the software) I see a risk: now your musical instrument is coupled to another device and manufacturer. I don't mean literally coupled, but figuratively. Your CSP is dependent on a seperate, completely different ecosystem. If tablets are gone, so is your easy to use CSP.

Now, I agree that that risk is small, but the instrument is not standing on its own anymore. Unless Yamaha opens up the API to control the CSP... Now *that* would be interesting! Then you can program your Raspberry Pi to control the CSP!  8)

Android tablets were trailing behing a lot on iPad with regard to musical apps. The reason for this is that Android took a long time to have a MIDI stack. Since 6.0 (Marshmallow) Android does have a MIDI stack, so now it's getting more interesting and easier for companies to write musical apps.

I expect the upcoming Genos/Tyros6 will have its own screen and is fully operational on its own. Just like the Montage, the G/T6 is a live instrument, and tablets on stage are a bad idea (unreliability, theft). I do hope the Tyros 5 successor will be easier to couple with computers for studio use (like digital audio over USB, easier chord control from a DAW).

We'll see!

Maarten
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 01:29:35 AM by maartenb »

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2017, 02:01:01 AM »
Very interesting comments, Maarten !  :)

I really hope the new kb will bring us the features as described by you.
It would be wonderful. 😄
Jeff

Offline Bachus

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 05:13:55 AM »
Thanks Paul for the links and blog post!

The ability to produce a simplified score of any western music is a great accomplishment of Yamaha! It's a fun way to learn to play the piano and get accustomed to the concept of arrangers. Hopefully this will interest young people in the arranger world!

Besides the benefits of using an iPad/Android tablet (like big size screen, touch, easy and fast to change the software) I see a risk: now your musical instrument is coupled to another device and manufacturer. I don't mean literally coupled, but figuratively. Your CSP is dependent on a seperate, completely different ecosystem. If tablets are gone, so is your easy to use CSP.

Now, I agree that that risk is small, but the instrument is not standing on its own anymore. Unless Yamaha opens up the API to control the CSP... Now *that* would be interesting! Then you can program your Raspberry Pi to control the CSP!  8)

Android tablets were trailing behing a lot on iPad with regard to musical apps. The reason for this is that Android took a long time to have a MIDI stack. Since 6.0 (Marshmallow) Android does have a MIDI stack, so now it's getting more interesting and easier for companies to write musical apps.

I expect the upcoming Genos/Tyros6 will have its own screen and is fully operational on its own. Just like the Montage, the G/T6 is a live instrument, and tablets on stage are a bad idea (unreliability, theft). I do hope the Tyros 5 successor will be easier to couple with computers for studio use (like digital audio over USB, easier chord control from a DAW).

We'll see!

Maarten

I am sorry Maarten, but the main reason android fails as a platform for music creation is much more complicated.

1) security, there is no piracy on ios, while on android hacking and illegal software still rule
2) the typical apple customer is much more prepared to spend money on software then the android customer. Typically the ios customer spends almost 100 times as much money on apps then the typical android customers
3)the apple designer tool is much better then the android one, its not only more efficient but also takes away the burden of programming for different hardware configurations(android)
4) Apple support for developers outweights Google by seven miles.

By now everyone interested in making music must have realised the ipad is the only way to go...

Apple for example supports AudiUnits (VST) under IOS..there are some really jice DAWs available like Cubasis 2, beatmaker, Korg Gadget and more... and above all Audiobus3 allows you to internally connect all audio and midi devices with eachother and thats something not even Windows can do..

The advantage of an ipad over a Google tablet is huge... and The latest ipad pro even outperforms an intel i7 laptop performance wise..

Offline pjd

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 10:37:39 AM »
Hi Maarten and Bachus --

You both make very good points. I don't want to divert into Android vs. IOS, but just want to note that a very large number of people have Android devices and it would be a business mistake for Yamaha to leave them out.

I can definitely feel Yamaha's pain based on experience supporting a product on two platforms: Windows and Linux. With Linux, we could be proactive about OS support and prerelease testing. With Windows, I shuddered with fear every time a new so-called minor release came out from Redmond. Yamaha must be facing the same problem with Apple IOS releases. The other major hassle is supporting a product on two different UI platforms. We used Qt to get some portability. (I wonder what Yamaha is using?)

What I fear as a consumer is Apple's forced obsolescence, especially with IOS 11 and the requirement for 64-bit apps only. I have an iPad 4 and I'm about to be beached, again, if I don't buy a new 64-bit capable iPad. So, I not only need to buy a CSP-1xx, I need to buy an iPad, too! Apple has left me high and dry several times over the last 30+ years and I'm not happy about it.

Slightly off-topic, I passed on the Mackie 1608 mixer for our church based on this experience. Bought an Allen Heath mixer instead with all of its physical knobs and faders. The remote iPad control would have been useful, but in the long run...

Hey, hey, have a good weekend (beautiful weather today).

-- pj

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 11:11:44 AM »
A very large number of people have Android devices and it would be a business mistake for Yamaha to leave them out.

My 10.1 inch Android Tablet would be more than happy !  ;)

Jeff

Offline Bachus

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 03:50:00 AM »
Hi Maarten and Bachus --

You both make very good points. I don't want to divert into Android vs. IOS, but just want to note that a very large number of people have Android devices and it would be a business mistake for Yamaha to leave them out.

I can definitely feel Yamaha's pain based on experience supporting a product on two platforms: Windows and Linux. With Linux, we could be proactive about OS support and prerelease testing. With Windows, I shuddered with fear every time a new so-called minor release came out from Redmond. Yamaha must be facing the same problem with Apple IOS releases. The other major hassle is supporting a product on two different UI platforms. We used Qt to get some portability. (I wonder what Yamaha is using?)

What I fear as a consumer is Apple's forced obsolescence, especially with IOS 11 and the requirement for 64-bit apps only. I have an iPad 4 and I'm about to be beached, again, if I don't buy a new 64-bit capable iPad. So, I not only need to buy a CSP-1xx, I need to buy an iPad, too! Apple has left me high and dry several times over the last 30+ years and I'm not happy about it.

Slightly off-topic, I passed on the Mackie 1608 mixer for our church based on this experience. Bought an Allen Heath mixer instead with all of its physical knobs and faders. The remote iPad control would have been useful, but in the long run...

Hey, hey, have a good weekend (beautiful weather today).

-- pj

Yamaha is not missing out on any customers...they are protecting their software.. which simply can not be done with android...

I cant imagine anyone not buying a yamaha product because of an app that does not run on android..

And by the way, ios 11 beta is really incredible on my ipad pro..another huge step from apple. And all my important programs indeed still are running on it. So the move forward to 64 bit has no negatives, only possitives. Apple keeps ios mean lean and clean by not making the same mistakes all the old OSes made, having backward compatibillity with 3 decades of programs made them as slow and venerable as a Brachiosaurus. All the old code is slowing them down..

I think its a really wise thing of apple, to urge the app creators to upgrade.

And you feel gauged because after 6 years your ipad 4 no longer is updated?
Try android, updates after a year are almost non excistent..
I dont think your fair to apple, as the apple ipad 4 will still do the same as it allways did.
And to be honest, its incredible how good my ipad air still functions after 5 years..
Or my iphone 4, that i gave to a neffew after almost a decade, still running.
My current iphone 6 is 3 years old, and i plan on using it for atleast another year.
Did you ever see a 3 year old samsung?
Its true, apple is expensive, but you also buy high quallity that lasts years and years.

Seems we disagree... nothing wrong with that... but to me, ios is the best OS currently available..and thats because apple keeps it mean, lean and clean. Combined with the dedicated hardware, and support for 3rd party developers, ios really is incredible. And with ios 11 they are taking another step in making ios on ipads as strong as any desktop with improved multi tasking and a filebrowser.

Now this sounds like an open advertisement for apple, i know..
But the reasoning i gave in my orriginal post holds true..
There are viable reasons not to go to android.

I have come to the conclusion that everyone that wants to use their tablet in music for anything more then note reading, is much better of with an ipad and ios.

Offline pjd

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 06:21:34 AM »
Hi Bachus --

We really do disagree on several points. I'd rather not dive further into one OS vs. another here as it's not really PSR, Tyros or CVP/CSP.

I'm not anti-Apple, by the way -- just pro-consumer.

All the best -- pj

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2017, 06:23:25 AM »
Hi Bachus,

I bought my brand new Iphone4 in 2012.

In 2015 Apple announced all Iphone4 updates were no longer available. New apps could not longer be installed.

We were very disappointed and sold our device at a very low price whilst the Iphone4 was still in mint condition.

Since then we are using Android devices ( 2 smart phones and 2 tablets ) only. Up to now no complaints at all.

I may hope Yamaha will produce Android apps soon.

Jeff

Offline EileenL

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2017, 07:37:39 AM »
Yamaha chose Apple because of the security. Cant really see them changing it in the near future. Probably third party companies will start to bring out apps over time.

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 08:38:05 AM »
It is not important who will launch the Android apps.
Android is absolutely secure now.

All important smart phone manufacturers like Sony,  Samsung , LG, Motorola and others are working with Android. Why should these companies take any risks ?

There is absolutely no reason why Yamaha should only go for Apple. It would be a big mistake like PJ said before.

Jeff

Offline TwinTyros

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2017, 08:52:26 AM »
It is not important who will launch the Android apps.
Android is absolutely secure now.

All important smart phone manufacturers like Sony,  Samsung , LG, Motorola and others are working with Android. Why should these companies take any risks ?

There is absolutely no reason why Yamaha should only go for Apple. It would be a big mistake like PJ said before.

Jeff

All items which can or are connected to internet aren't secure Jeff. ;)
Regards,
Marcel

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2017, 09:27:19 AM »
I agree, Marcel.
Apple has also to deal with that particular problem, I guess...

Jeff

Offline Bachus

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2017, 11:32:16 PM »
Hi Bachus,

I bought my brand new Iphone4 in 2012.

In 2015 Apple announced all Iphone4 updates were no longer available. New apps could not longer be installed.

We were very disappointed and sold our device at a very low price whilst the Iphone4 was still in mint condition.

Since then we are using Android devices ( 2 smart phones and 2 tablets ) only. Up to now no complaints at all.

I may hope Yamaha will produce Android apps soon.

Jeff

Iphone 4 was sold from hune 2010 till oktober 2011..  so you obviously bought old stock... that happens a lot, they sell them at reduced prices

The iphone 4 was supported by apple till 2016, which is a huge time for a smartphone.. 

I dont think that Yamaha or many other serious companies will make the step to android any time soon. As i explained the reasons to you. Point is, its not going to happen.

Offline Bachus

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2017, 12:23:05 AM »
Hi Bachus --

We really do disagree on several points. I'd rather not dive further into one OS vs. another here as it's not really PSR, Tyros or CVP/CSP.

I'm not anti-Apple, by the way -- just pro-consumer.

All the best -- pj

I think the discussion is quite relevant, since Yamaha has its reasons for not building an android app..and those reasons are what we are discussing... which is very relevant for upcomming Yamaha products that people realise there probably will never be android apps from Yamaha (unless something dramatically changes on the google part of things)

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2017, 01:30:09 AM »
Yamaha will have no other option than add Android apps.
If they do not, hopefully third parties will do the job.

But I am almost sure, as said before, Yamaha will go for it. 😇

Jeff

Offline pjd

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2017, 06:17:22 AM »
Hi Bachus --

I apologize if I came across short yesterday. I only had a few minutes before dashing off to my Sunday gig.

Actually, Yamaha have announced Android support for the CSP-1xx in Spring 2018. Another example is their Reface support via Soundmondo, Chrome and the Web MIDI API. They are trying to expand support beyond IOS.

Please don't take offense, but I decided a long time ago not to get into discussions of OS A vs. OS B, programming language R vs. language S, etc. in forums.

If you and I were sipping coffee in a lovely outdoor cafe, I would love to talk about this for hours with you. :-)

All the best -- pj

Offline Bachus

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2017, 11:56:23 AM »
Yamaha will have no other option than add Android apps.
If they do not, hopefully third parties will do the job.

But I am almost sure, as said before, Yamaha will go for it. 😇

Jeff

If one buys a keyboard, for 99% of all people app support is an aftertought..

I cant imagine someone not buying the latest and greatest keyboard because there is only support for ios apps...

You bought the S770 knowing it only supported i-pad apps, so doesnt that proove my point?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:58:59 AM by Bachus »

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2017, 12:23:05 PM »
Correct, B but I do not have an I-pad ...😞 ... Wished I had one. I agree and admit there is nothing better !

Jeff

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2017, 12:33:55 PM »

I cant imagine anyone not buying a yamaha product because of an app that does not run on android..

Hi

Lack of imagination... No offense...

I dont have... and I dont need... an Ipad...

Jørgen
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:35:40 PM by Jørgen »
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline Bachus

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2017, 01:32:33 PM »
Hi

Lack of imagination... No offense...

I dont have... and I dont need... an Ipad...

Jørgen

But you have a lovely yamaha keyboard...  which is my point in the first place..

And yes, i do understand your point, if you have a windows pc, why would you want an ipad or even an android, for anything but sheet music.

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #37 on: Yesterday at 04:58:54 AM »
Hi

I have an Android now.
No need for an Ipad...

Jørgen
- since 1999

Offline Bachus

« Reply #38 on: Yesterday at 09:28:20 AM »
Hi

I have an Android now.
No need for an Ipad...

Jørgen

An android would not work for me.... because of how i use the Ipad
I use it for much more then just a sheetmusic reader.

I have some incredible synths, like Korgs gadgets, Thor and many more
They have turned my ipad in a soundmodule..
And some incredible hosts that offer things not even available under windows.
Espescially when combined with Audio bus, the ipad pro can even outperform a mac or windows pc when it comes to functionallity.

There is so much ipad only high quallity music creation content on ipad, which makes changing to android not an option for me..

But if you use the android just as a musicreader, its as good as any other tablet.

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #39 on: Yesterday at 11:53:46 PM »
Hi

Just strange that Yamaha does not support the most popular Operating system for tablets/smartphones at all...  :o

https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=8&qpcustomd=1

Jørgen
- since 1999

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #40 on: Today at 01:15:16 AM »
But ... we are hopeful, Joergen !  :)

Jeff, The Android Freak

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #41 on: Today at 02:04:13 AM »
Yes, Jeff

But it sure looks like wishful thinking at the moment.

Jørgen
- since 1999

Offline Bachus

« Reply #42 on: Today at 02:29:51 AM »
Hi

Just strange that Yamaha does not support the most popular Operating system for tablets/smartphones at all...  :o

https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=8&qpcustomd=1

Jørgen

Its not just Yamaha, its most of the music industry and the professional world, for reasons i explained earlier....

Google fails in making their OS interesting for professional purposes. If you want to blame someone for this, blame google, not Yamaha.

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #43 on: Today at 04:08:49 AM »
Hi Joergen,

According to PJ we may expect some Android-Yamaha apps early 2018. Cross our fingers ... ::)

Jeff

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #44 on: Today at 04:12:06 AM »
Do not forget Windows 10  as well!!! :o

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #45 on: Today at 04:24:27 AM »
I also find a locked thread  about the new keyboard banter George Orwellian.
I cannot believe the killjoys are getting their way.
People naturally are getting exited about the banter going around and It keeps the spirits up.
It Is like people not taking fools gladly.

NO FOOLS NO FUN!!!!! :o ::) :P :-X :-\ :-* ;D