Author Topic: Changes registrations  (Read 790 times)

Offline Ingar

Changes registrations
« on: July 31, 2017, 01:18:35 PM »
I have, sorry to say, 72 banks filled up with 8 songs in each bank. That is not the most effective way i must say, and now my question is..is there an easy, or at least overcom way to start over and save one song pr. bank and then have 8 variation of it ?

Best Regards Ingar

Offline Dick Rector

Re: Changes registrations
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 01:57:22 PM »
You have to start all over again with saving EACH song in a new bank. Meaning making 576 new registrations. Each of these you want to make 8 variations.... that is 4608 variations in total. It will keep you busy for some time but it can be done. I don't know of any other possibility to do it easier but are also open for suggestions.

Dick
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:44:07 PM »
You should check with Murray Best who wrote the Yamaha Registration Manager. He may be able to help you.

Find him in the Utilities section of the site.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Ingar

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 01:18:53 AM »
Thanks folks for replay..I will chech out what can be done in reg manager...

Regards Ingar

Offline murrayb

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 03:26:47 AM »
There is a feature on the Main screen to Export an open bank to 8 new banks. There's no batch process so you'll have to do  it 72 times rather than 578.

See page 11 of the user manual for details.

Murray
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

The following users thanked this post: Dick Rector, Ingar, tyrosrick

Offline Ingar

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 11:34:18 AM »
I could not find anything on page 11 in user manual or reference manual?

Regards Ingar

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 12:08:38 PM »
Murray is referring to page 11 of the 'Yamaha Registration Manager' manual, which is included with the program download!

The function required is called 'Create Export Banks', and if you use it with an original bank open, it will create a separate bank for each occupied button of the original bank, with one button's contents saved in button 1 in the new bank.  The other 7 buttons in each new bank are empty for you to use if you want to.

Regards

Ian   

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 02:16:33 PM »
See.... I didn't knew this function as I never looked for it. That will save you a lot of work.
Splendid Murray!!! I love your program and use it often.

Regards, Dick.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

The following users thanked this post: Ingar

Offline Constrictor

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 03:15:29 PM »
Does anyone tell me if you can copy a Right 1/2/3 voice to a different Right than another memory location?

Ex .:
Location 1 - Right 1 Grand Piano with appropriate settings, to be copied in Right 2 or Right 3 of Location 2 of the same memory bank.

Thank you.
Franco

Offline murrayb

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 03:27:22 PM »
Franco:

Check out registration builder in Yamaha Registration Manager, covered on pages 9 and 10 in the program's user manual.  You have the option of copying either an entire registration from the builder into a destination bank, or copying the settings from a selected source registration into a specific target registration.

The way the program is structured, you can have the same bank open in both the Load Registration Bank, and in the Registration Builder.  This means that you could use the Copy Settings feature to swap voices in a selected button by highlighting the same button in both windows and using the copy setting to for instance assign R2 to R1 and say R3 to R2 or any other combination.

It's a little involved, but once you get the hang of it the feature can be quite useful.

Cheers,

Murray
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Offline Constrictor

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 03:34:47 PM »
Franco:

Check out registration builder in Yamaha Registration Manager, covered on pages 9 and 10 in the program's user manual.  You have the option of copying either an entire registration from the builder into a destination bank, or copying the settings from a selected source registration into a specific target registration.

The way the program is structured, you can have the same bank open in both the Load Registration Bank, and in the Registration Builder.  This means that you could use the Copy Settings feature to swap voices in a selected button by highlighting the same button in both windows and using the copy setting to for instance assign R2 to R1 and say R3 to R2 or any other combination.

It's a little involved, but once you get the hang of it the feature can be quite useful.

Cheers,

Murray

Perfect, I understand.
Murray, thank you very much.

Offline Ingar

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 12:41:25 AM »
I have, sorry to say, 72 banks filled up with 8 songs in each bank. That is not the most effective way i must say, and now my question is..is there an easy, or at least overcom way to start over and save one song pr. bank and then have 8 variation of it ?

Best Regards Ingar

I have start to save one song pr bank and are a good bit on the way allready. They say that there is no stupid questions, but maybee this is? Well, I the counter starts at 001. Will that say that I just can save 999 banks? What happends when I save bank nr 1000?
Regards Ingar

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 01:17:24 AM »
You can start a second set of banks with a different name. There is an unlimited amount possible as long as the hard drive, the USB stick or whatever you use for your saving your stuff is large enough.
MyBank, BankA, NoBank, or whatever name you can think of. I use for instance Ballroom, Oldies, Elvis, Pop..........

Dick
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Offline Ingar

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 03:38:40 AM »
Ok, so what vill happend om gigs when i  quick i a hurry need a new song from a bank with a another name? Do I first have first type the banks name and then the song number?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 04:45:08 AM »
I always make registration gig sets with all I want to play in that folder. You can save up to 500 items in one folder.

Offline Ingar

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 07:11:21 AM »
I always make registration gig sets with all I want to play in that folder. You can save up to 500 items in one folder.

Yes, I have a "bad" habit of playing random songs by feeling there and then. Guess I have to look into that now :-)

But If I don't have them in a folder but direct on the root,  then i can store 999 songs? and maybee that will do.
Regard Ingar
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 07:13:32 AM by Ingar »

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 07:14:46 AM »
Yes, I have a "bad" habit of playing random songs by feeling there and then. Guess I have to look into that now :-)

But If I don't have them in a folder but direct on the root,  then i can store 999 songs? and maybee that will do.

500 is the limit for any folder. You can have 500 folders giving you a 250,000 song capacity. Hopefully, that's enough.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

The following users thanked this post: Ingar

Offline Ingar

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 07:36:45 AM »
500 is the limit for any folder. You can have 500 folders giving you a 250,000 song capacity. Hopefully, that's enough.

Fred
Yes but do I have to store them in a folder? Why can`t I store them on the root?

Ingar

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 08:09:24 AM »
Why can`t I store them on the root?

For "why" questions, you need to ask Yamaha. We can only tell you what works, and what doesn't, not why.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Ingar

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 10:34:36 AM »
For "why" questions, you need to ask Yamaha. We can only tell you what works, and what doesn't, not why.

Fred
Yes, I have to think difference. Thank you for input :-)

Best Regards Ingar

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 11:12:02 AM »
Although I haven't tried it (yet), I don't know of anything restricting storing Registration files on the root (not in a folder).  I'll have to try, but I remember storing things in root on the internal memory (which I know is very limited; I use it as quick 'backup' of work in progress files.  I've stored Reg files, modified Voice files, etc., on the root (or what appears to be the root) of the internal User area.

If you can store Reg files on the root, I don't know what the "# of files" limi might be ...

Jim

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2017, 11:33:37 AM »

If you can store Reg files on the root, I don't know what the "# of files" limi might be ...

As the original poster stated, he doesn't have any trouble storing files in the root folder. As several other posts have stated, the limit is 500 (250 for some older models).

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ