Author Topic: New Tyros 6 or genos  (Read 6147 times)

Offline Fred Smith

Re: New Tyros 6 or genos
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2017, 05:03:25 AM »

Personally I do not like their marketing strategy at all but by forcing all their employees, dealers and transport companies to sign a Silent Agreement, they also force us to speculate and I think Yamaha like it.  ;)

Jeff,

They don't force us to speculate. People do that on their own. It is possible to wait quietly until a product is announced.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Hollande

Offline pjd

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2017, 06:03:02 AM »
Hi Jeff --

Nondisclosure agreements pertaining to future products are common practice in engineering, marketing and sales. If customers absolutely, positively knew that a new, wonderful product is to be announced/released on date XYZ, that knowledge would absolutely murder sales of current product and stick dealers with a ton of inventory.

Manufacturers and dealers need to work together in order to keep everyone financially happy and solvent. It's supposed to be a mutual partnership.

Apple is even worse. Apple secrecy is tight and the Apple forums are always filled with pictures of supposed products and so forth.

Speculation is a form of entertainment. Some play, some don't.

Hey, hey, all the best -- pj

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Hollande

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2017, 06:29:26 AM »
Hi Fred and PJ :

Thank you for your feedback.

You are both right.

I will stop my speculation and prediction activities immediately and will wait quietly.  :)

Best regards, Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2017, 06:40:20 AM »
When it appears, if it does, I plan to watch with interest how many of the features wished for throughout countless postings have been included vs something newly added that no one has mentioned or thought of------like a big surprise.  In any event, Iím sure it will look/sound wonderfully.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2017, 06:44:36 AM »
Nondisclosure agreements pertaining to future products are common practice in engineering, marketing and sales. If customers absolutely, positively knew that a new, wonderful product is to be announced/released on date XYZ, that knowledge would absolutely murder sales of current product and stick dealers with a ton of inventory.

It is also usual for new cars. When employees of car manufacturers are allowed to drive future cars privately for weekend for testing, they are advised not to park in the near of dealers in order to not disturb customers in buying the old models. ;)

Uli
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline pjd

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2017, 06:50:34 AM »
Hey, Jeff, feel free to speculate away! No issues here.  8) Some of us love the tech for its own sake, but respect the wishes of other folks to just kick back, relax and wait.

Good example, Uli. You've probably seen the "spy pictures" in car magazines where people snap test vehicles on the road. The manufacturers now put vinyl disruption patterns on the cars to mess with the optics.

It's all in good fun. Let's not forget to play our instruments, too!  :)

-- pj

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2017, 07:19:42 AM »
Thank you for your feedback.

You are both right.

I will stop my speculation and prediction activities immediately and will wait quietly.  :)

Jeff,

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy speculating and the speculation. But no one us forcing us to do so. And I don't obsess over non-disclosure agreements. All corporations use them, and always will.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2017, 12:52:16 PM »
Thank you for your comments, Bachus ! 😄

Hopefully there are more members who are disappointed, like me, we do not receive any information from our manufacturer whatever the motivation might be.

After 4 years a new arranger kb will be launched soon and even their best customers ( all members of this Forum ), for so many years, are not allowed to know what they might expect.

I am not asking for photos nor specs but at least a few words about the new product.

A very bizarre strategy.

Best regards,
Jeff

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:23:04 PM by Jeff Hollande »
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline EileenL

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2017, 02:45:48 PM »
Nothing Bizarre about it Jeff.
  You should be used to it by now. I just wonder how many of the posters intend to buy one of these. If not what is the point of all these posts.

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2017, 11:37:48 PM »
Hi Eileen,

I will no longer send any comments.
This was my last message about this subject.
Neither will I post any predictions nor speculations.
For me this subject is closed.

I have said what I had to say. I cannot change this weird situation and will wait quietly. AMEN.😄

Take care, Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline lion.43

« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2017, 01:17:24 AM »
You're right jeff too much blah blah does not say anything at all

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Hollande, TwinTyros

Offline Marcus

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2017, 07:02:03 AM »
Gear: Triangle