Author Topic: New Tyros 6 or genos  (Read 3051 times)

Offline TwinTyros

Re: New Tyros 6 or genos
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2017, 11:37:17 PM »
OMG. I've never seen a keyboard/organ community which will let their involved in all the speculations, rumours etc about a new Yamaha keyboard as we here.
And at the end, what will it bring us??? As soon the Tyros 6 is released we are back to business like we did in the period from the T1-T5.
At each upcoming new model we start over and over with this again. It seems it's more like a chronic Yamaha virus what we cannot cure.

I've been a player at Wersi organs for more than 30 years, and in all those year in the whole Wersi community I've never seen so much speculations, rumours etc as the Yamaha community. And why, maybe Wersi players are more patient in what will come and see and also if Wersi is introducing a new line/model the give us a slide more pre information. (Yamaha you could give us a bit more info, as you know already, the new models in the past were not so spectacular new and much more better than you hoped).

Be honest, was it each time so really spectacular great and shocking news when Yamaha released a new model. For example, The T1 yes it was, the T2 up to T5 no way, it was more a re-designed pre model with some new voices/rhythms. So really spectacular was it not. The new PSR670-770-970 same story when you compare these with the pre-models.

My first Yamaha was the T4, then I bought almost 3 years later a new T5 sold this one and bought again a new T5, was it a big step forward to do. Not really, ok, the T5 had full access to 2GB flash (only MUTEC, because Yamaha did not ever sold this one), a bigger harddisk, (not really necessary) and further a slight more extra's but not shocking comparing to the pre Tyros models. Now my T5 is barely used. I did invest more than 20K Euro at my Wersi organ and plays it more than my 4K Euro T5.

Al the time we spent at the rumours/speculations is so much waste of time i think. You will see when that "new" key is available
Am I going to upgrade my T5 for the "T6"?? No Thanks, the used market is full and the price for a T5 is  so dramatic low, I almost get a hart-attack.

So dear members, I wait for the moment when Yamaha introduce the new "Tyros 6" and will be glad to hear al your stories what you like or like not about that key. Possible it will be the same story a all the other stories I've read about current key.

So my dear friends, let's meet again in a couple of weeks.
Keep laughing and enjoying each day you live.

Bye
Regards,
Marcel

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2017, 12:29:06 AM »
Hi Marcel :

I agree the Tyros 2, 3, 4 and 5 were updates and surely no real upgrades. Not all members will agree with my words.  ::)

The reason why we are speculating is very simple : most of us like it and have fun.  ;)

Yamaha's ( present ) policy is to say nor to show nothing at all. Happened also to the T3, T4 and T5.

In my eyes a very bizarre strategy ... but who am I  ???

On the other hand I must admire Yami they are Masters in hiding new product information.
Even the name Genos has never confirmed yet.  :-[

Personally I do not like their marketing strategy at all but by forcing all their employees, dealers and transport companies to sign a Silent Agreement, they also force us to speculate and I think Yamaha like it.  ;)

More than one year we are discussing the new high end arranger keyboard whilst nobody knows how it will looke like.
But again ... it is funny !

Best wishes from The Netherlands, Jeff

XGW - SONAR PLATINUM - CUBASE 8 WIN - MIXCRAFT8

Offline Bachus

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2017, 02:26:08 AM »
Hi Roger,

I absolutely hope you are right.

I would miss my good friends I know for so many, many years.😥

But I will go if my Genos prediction is completely wrong.

I have made this decision a couple of weeks ago, announced it and that will not change.
Then I will no longer send any messages to this Forum.

I am who I am and that will not change either.
I am too old, I guess.😉

Cross my fingers.

Take care, Jeff

BTW
Up to now NOBODY confirmed the new arranger kb will be called GENOS !!!

Th new areanger will be around in September by then we will know its name..

Maybe the genos is an accordeon, or even a new ipad app with arranger functionallity
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Admin of : www.keyszone.boards.net

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2017, 03:35:50 AM »
Maybe the genos is an accordeon, or even a new ipad app with arranger functionallity :) :)

If Yamaha want to preserve the Tyros brand name ( Tyros6 e.g. ) you might be quite right.  ;)
But I should be very surprised if it not will be called * Genos * or maybe a complete new name we have never heard before ... who knows.  :-[

Jeff

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2017, 05:03:25 AM »

Personally I do not like their marketing strategy at all but by forcing all their employees, dealers and transport companies to sign a Silent Agreement, they also force us to speculate and I think Yamaha like it.  ;)

Jeff,

They don't force us to speculate. People do that on their own. It is possible to wait quietly until a product is announced.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Hollande

Offline pjd

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2017, 06:03:02 AM »
Hi Jeff --

Nondisclosure agreements pertaining to future products are common practice in engineering, marketing and sales. If customers absolutely, positively knew that a new, wonderful product is to be announced/released on date XYZ, that knowledge would absolutely murder sales of current product and stick dealers with a ton of inventory.

Manufacturers and dealers need to work together in order to keep everyone financially happy and solvent. It's supposed to be a mutual partnership.

Apple is even worse. Apple secrecy is tight and the Apple forums are always filled with pictures of supposed products and so forth.

Speculation is a form of entertainment. Some play, some don't.

Hey, hey, all the best -- pj

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Hollande

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2017, 06:29:26 AM »
Hi Fred and PJ :

Thank you for your feedback.

You are both right.

I will stop my speculation and prediction activities immediately and will wait quietly.  :)

Best regards, Jeff

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2017, 06:40:20 AM »
When it appears, if it does, I plan to watch with interest how many of the features wished for throughout countless postings have been included vs something newly added that no one has mentioned or thought of------like a big surprise.  In any event, Iím sure it will look/sound wonderfully.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2017, 06:44:36 AM »
Nondisclosure agreements pertaining to future products are common practice in engineering, marketing and sales. If customers absolutely, positively knew that a new, wonderful product is to be announced/released on date XYZ, that knowledge would absolutely murder sales of current product and stick dealers with a ton of inventory.

It is also usual for new cars. When employees of car manufacturers are allowed to drive future cars privately for weekend for testing, they are advised not to park in the near of dealers in order to not disturb customers in buying the old models. ;)

Uli
Yamaha PSR-S970
Nord Electro 5D

Offline pjd

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2017, 06:50:34 AM »
Hey, Jeff, feel free to speculate away! No issues here.  8) Some of us love the tech for its own sake, but respect the wishes of other folks to just kick back, relax and wait.

Good example, Uli. You've probably seen the "spy pictures" in car magazines where people snap test vehicles on the road. The manufacturers now put vinyl disruption patterns on the cars to mess with the optics.

It's all in good fun. Let's not forget to play our instruments, too!  :)

-- pj

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2017, 07:19:42 AM »
Thank you for your feedback.

You are both right.

I will stop my speculation and prediction activities immediately and will wait quietly.  :)

Jeff,

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy speculating and the speculation. But no one us forcing us to do so. And I don't obsess over non-disclosure agreements. All corporations use them, and always will.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bachus

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2017, 11:53:31 AM »
Jeff,

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy speculating and the speculation. But no one us forcing us to do so. And I don't obsess over non-disclosure agreements. All corporations use them, and always will.

Fred

Its human nature to speculate.. by not telling us anything... except leaking a name.. and a release date... Yamaha knows we will start speculating, and building hype...

All Yamaha did was forcing human nature to run its cause, and so Jefs statement holds truth... indirectly Yamaha is forcing speculation...
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Admin of : www.keyszone.boards.net

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2017, 12:52:16 PM »
Thank you for your comments, Bachus ! 😄

Hopefully there are more members who are disappointed, like me, we do not receive any information from our manufacturer whatever the motivation might be.

After 4 years a new arranger kb will be launched soon and even their best customers ( all members of this Forum ), for so many years, are not allowed to know what they might expect.

I am not asking for photos nor specs but at least a few words about the new product.

A very bizarre strategy.

Best regards,
Jeff

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:23:04 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2017, 02:45:48 PM »
Nothing Bizarre about it Jeff.
  You should be used to it by now. I just wonder how many of the posters intend to buy one of these. If not what is the point of all these posts.

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2017, 11:37:48 PM »
Hi Eileen,

I will no longer send any comments.
This was my last message about this subject.
Neither will I post any predictions nor speculations.
For me this subject is closed.

I have said what I had to say. I cannot change this weird situation and will wait quietly. AMEN.😄

Take care, Jeff

Online lion.43

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2017, 01:17:24 AM »
You're right jeff too much blah blah does not say anything at all

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Hollande, TwinTyros

Offline Marcus

« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2017, 07:02:03 AM »