Author Topic: Tyros Surgery (with pics) - Break Fill button  (Read 570 times)

Online chony

Tyros Surgery (with pics) - Break Fill button
« on: July 30, 2017, 12:20:39 AM »
My break-fill button isn't working. The physical button is not broken and feels and looks as it should, but when I press it, nothing happens.

I opened up the keyboard and the contact switch acts, clicks, and feels as it should. Any ideas of what the problem is?

Offline Jeff Hollande

Re: Tyros Surgery (with pics) - Break Fill button
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 01:35:08 AM »
Hi Chony,

Had a similar problem with my Tyros2 in the past.
Finally the contact switch needed to be replaced.

Not an expensive repair but not so easy to replace if you are not familiar with repairs, like me.

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Mike2

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 05:31:27 AM »
I have the T-5. The "J" tab on the screen wasn't always responding. It felt like the other tabs, so having done some electronic work in the past, I used a vacuum cleaner and created a suction around the tab while continuously pressing it with my other finger. It's fine now. Also, try a can of compressed air. with a long narrow tube, while spraying air, keep pressing the tab, hope this helps.

Mike..

Offline maartenb

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 05:56:02 AM »
The switch itself can be broken, or its connection to the printed circuit board is broken.

To see if the switch SW31 is broken, you have to test it. The best way to test it, is to remove the switch from the board using a soldering iron. This can be tricky and not easy to do.

An easier method, although I am not sure if it will work or not, is to test SW31 while still being on the board. I assume the switch is of the "make" type, which means it should let electrical current flow through it only while being pressed. Use a diode tester or something similar and measure the two points of the switch. I assume these can be found on the backside of the board. Now you need a third hand to press SW31 while you hold the measuring tips to the switch points.  ;)

Hope this makes sense...

Maarten