Author Topic: Tyros5 is very rare now  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Lloyd E

Tyros5 is very rare now
« on: July 27, 2017, 05:00:05 AM »
Tyros 5 keyboards are very rare now as Yamaha has stopped manufacture of them. If your looking for one you will have to settle for a used one. They are
still a great board and have much to offer. Lloyd

Online Bachus

Re: Tyros5 is very rare now
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 08:17:46 AM »
Tyros 5 keyboards are very rare now as Yamaha has stopped manufacture of them. If your looking for one you will have to settle for a used one. They are
still a great board and have much to offer. Lloyd

If looking for a used one, hold on a little, when the release of the Genos is announced i expect a pricedrop for used Tyros 5
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Admin of : www.keyszone.boards.net

Offline Lloyd E

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 09:58:13 AM »
Bachus,
That is certainly true. As soon as the new Yamaha Board is released, the prices on Tyros 5 boards will decline. Lloyd

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 10:45:07 AM »
Wonder if many T5 owners will upgrade.
The T5 is a very nice kb.

It is always painful to shoot a winning horse.

Up to now the Tyros selling price has always been interesting for the seller. Cross my fingers.

Jeff
XGW - SONAR PLATINUM - CUBASE 8 WIN - MIXCRAFT8

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 12:54:31 PM »
Hi
I got a good price when changing from Tyros 4 to 5 and I think we will get a good deal when changing again.
Well I do hope i get a reasonable deal!!! :o.

Otherwise forget sit and play,It will be standing up and pay!!! :P

All the best
John.

When I change my tyros It will be as good as when purchased  as I look after It and clean it and will have no scratches or visible wear.
I look after this machine like a baby.

all the best
John
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:56:02 PM by ugawoga »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 03:21:35 PM »
Well what happened with the top PSRs is that the S970 devalued earlier models because Yamaha added a lot of only $100.00 increase in price.  It was this bigger bang for the buck that devalued the older models.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 02:01:14 AM »
Hi Joe,

In my region the second hand S-serie ( 910, 950 and 970 ) selling price is like the value of a second hand VW Golf : attractive for the seller. ;)
The S900 is not easy to sell due to the screen problems in the past.
The S7xx is not a hot seller either.

Jeff

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 02:03:12 AM »
I'll be happy to get a good trade-in/part-exchange price on my T5 if the new arranger from Yamaha is compelling enough. I got my T5 by part-exchanging a Korg Triton and a Roland Integra-7 for a brand new, boxed T5 bundle (the bundle with everything - Yamaha speakers, stand, expansion board, etc). I hope I'll be able to do the same again - although I realise, like the last time, I'm still probably going to have find a sizeable chunk of cash to meet the asking price for the new keyboard.
Yamaha Tyros 5 | Roland A-800 Pro | Cubase 9 Elements | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape & Stylus RMX | Arturia Spark 2 | Yamaha APX 700II 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 02:33:05 AM »
Hi John,

Up to now the second hand Tyros sales has never been a problem here when the instrument was in good shape. 

People were always very interested in second hand Tyros models. The Tyros keyboard was easy to sell at an interesting selling price.

Even the Tyros1 is still wanted if the price is attractive for the buyer.

What will happen in the Tyros second hand market after the introduction of the Genos is hard to say. Nobody knows.
Even the dealers have problems to sell their present new T5 models.
:P

We do not know what the Genos will bring us ( technique, software, speaker system, stand and last but not least : the enduser price ).

We do not know how many T5 / T4 / T3 and T2 owners will upgrade and what will happen to the T2,T3 and T4 second hand prices too.
Will they go down ? Will they remain stable, like before ? No idea.

It might be a big risk, but, if I had the intention to buy a Genos, I would offer my Tyros now before any Genos specs or photos are shown to the public.
The Tyros has a Mercedes Benz reputation. ;)

I know how difficult it is to live without an arranger keyboard for a long time but sometimes we have to make unpleasant decissions if money is important. :-[

Jeff

Offline voodoo

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 02:47:35 AM »
In my region the second hand S-serie ( 910, 950 and 970 ) selling price is like the value of a second hand VW Golf : attractive for the seller. ;)

But the price for a second hand S950 has dropped rapidly after the S970 was there. That's because the new S770 was nearly as powerfull as the S950, offering even new features (live knobs, 64MB for YEM) for half the price.

So when the T5 successor will offer really new technology, the T5 perhaps will loose value.
Yamaha PSR-S970
Nord Electro 5D

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 03:19:07 AM »

Hi Voodoo,

I have the S770 ; very pleased with this keyboard but it is missing a vocal harmonizer, audio styles, has a smaller memory and some S790 styles are not there.

I have an external Vocal H which has direct access to the 770 mic input.

In other words the S770 offers me the basic needs but the S970 should give me a lot more and ... the T5 even much, much more.
Maybe a second hand T5 might be my next move ... who knows.  ;)

Cheers, Jeff

Offline voodoo

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 03:39:20 AM »
I have the S770 ; very pleased with this keyboard but it is missing a vocal harmonizer, audio styles, has a smaller memory and some S790 styles are not there.

Yes of course, the S970 offers more, that's why I have chose the S970.

But as compared to the S950, even the S770 is a very cool machine.
Yamaha PSR-S970
Nord Electro 5D

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 04:15:10 AM »
Hi Uli,

In fact ... I am missing nothing at all. :D

Sonar Platina ( DAW ) is offering me so much for my personal applications : the sky is the limit.  ;)
Without that great tool I was lost, I guess.

Jeff

Online Bachus

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 11:45:24 AM »
Bachus,
That is certainly true. As soon as the new Yamaha Board is released, the prices on Tyros 5 boards will decline. Lloyd

Thats why i sold my T5 last winter, making good money on it...

For the time being i am a happy camper with the pa4x which i bought quite cheap.. so to not to loose much on it when buying another key..  unless the Genos is really genial and makes all other arranger keyboards seccond rate dropping their prices all over the place..
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 11:46:41 AM by Bachus »
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 12:57:13 PM »
oh my ... i just checked Ebay and the s970 keyboards from Sweetwater is 1999 and a used S950 is asking only 1395 ( has 12 ppl Watching). That is a difference of 600 USD.

The S950 listed for 2599 (Dec 2013) ... but I noted it selling at Sweetwater for 1749 (in Nov of 2015). The S970 is more like $200 more.

For what I paid for my s950 it is holding its value much better than I figured. I figure the keyboard's life at 10 years at best, if you are really using it. So, at this point in time if I were to sell my S950 (which I am not) any amount over 990 is a profit as i see it.

So I guess, it all just depends on what you paid for your keyboard. As it seems to pay to know the right sellers maybe and it isn't Sweetwater.

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 01:03:36 PM by DrakeM »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 05:05:59 PM »
The  list price on the S970 was only $100.00 ($2699.00) more than the S950 which made it a much better deal than the S950 considering all the additional ugrades. That bigger "bang for the buck" devalues all PSR models before the S970.  I paid $1675.00 for mine at my local Yamaha dealer.

I think we will see something similar with the next TOTL arranger.

Joe H
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 05:10:40 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline TwinTyros

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 12:19:00 AM »
Tyros 5 Rare now??

Well maybe soon there will be one T5 more available in Holland at the secondhand market. I'm thinking of selling mine.  :-\
It's more a question what I can ask for a T5-61 XXL in a new condition which is in realy top condition, not any usertraces and provided with 2GB flash RAM.

My dealer does't want to buy it as second hand without selling a new key to me.
I'm not sure if I want to buy a new Yamaha key. I still like the new Wersi OAX1 more and more http://www.wersi.net/sonic-oax-1.html but that key cost almost twice a new T5.  :o
Regards,
Marcel

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 02:42:58 AM »
Hi Marcel,

I might be interested in your T5 XXL. :)
You can contact me privately, as usual.

Bye for now, Jeff

Offline DerekA

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 03:44:30 AM »
Here in the UK, Tyros Tipsters (EPianos) are giving really good deals on new T5s, also their website has a list of tradeins.
S770

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 04:15:54 AM »
Not only in the UK, Derek. ;)

A 2nd hand T5 must be very, very attractive then. ::)

Jeff

Online Bachus

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 05:51:21 AM »
Not only in the UK, Derek. ;)

A 2nd hand T5 must be very, very attractive then. ::)

Jeff
i sold my Tv that i bought 3 years ago for 3500 used for 3200 last winter, bought a pa4x for 2600 brand new. Its still possible to have great deals in Holland, when you domt have any pressure to buy or sell now.

My bet is that after the release of a Genos a T5 will sell for 2400 max, which indeed is stil a bargain.

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 06:33:21 AM »
Hi Bachus :

You should check the present new T5 prices.
You will be surprised how low they are.

Jeff

Online Bachus

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 12:17:33 PM »
Hi Bachus :

You should check the present new T5 prices.
You will be surprised how low they are.

Jeff

3100/3300 for 61/76 versions..
Thats definately a bargain.
New with warranty.

So whats the expected prices for the Genos?

My bet would be 4200/4500 for the 61/76 key versions..
Thats a huge amount of money..

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 01:30:52 PM »
If the Genos meets all specs and looks you and other members are expecting / wishing your price indication might be right.
Indeed, a lot of money ...

Jeff

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 12:31:54 AM »
i sold my Tv that i bought 3 years ago for 3500 used for 3200 last winter, bought a pa4x for 2600 brand new.

Hi Bachus,

A very good T5 sales price. WOW:)
The purchasing price of your new Korg was so low ... why ?

Nowadays all T5 owners, who want to upgrade, might be very disappointed when they will receive their T5 offer.  :'(
And what about T2, T3 and T4 owners who want to buy a Genos ?
Cross my fingers ...

BTW, is it your intention to return to the Yami fold ?
Why should you come back if you are so pleased with the PA4X or am I wrong ? ::)

Jeff

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 12:40:35 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Online Bachus

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 06:08:45 AM »
i sold my Tv that i bought 3 years ago for 3500 used for 3200 last winter, bought a pa4x for 2600 brand new.

Hi Bachus,

A very good T5 sales price. WOW:)
The purchasing price of your new Korg was so low ... why ?

Nowadays all T5 owners, who want to upgrade, might be very disappointed when they will receive their T5 offer.  :'(
And what about T2, T3 and T4 owners who want to buy a Genos ?
Cross my fingers ...

BTW, is it your intention to return to the Yami fold ?
Why should you come back if you are so pleased with the PA4X or am I wrong ? ::)

Jeff

To be honest, the price of the pa4x was so low because i took a risk by not buying at an authorised dealer.. they where offering the 76 key pa4x for 2800 (dealer price was 3100 at that moment) and i got an offer of 2600 over the phone and they even gave me 500 back for the old G70 i had standing in a corner.

Had to pick it up in a garagebox, they had several brand new boxes of pa4x standing. Also he offered me a set of PAAS speakers, i dint buy them but should have done so at that price..  prices of pa4x currently are higher then last winter.

The price of the Tyros 5 also came with stand and MFC 10 pedals and an external HD filled with styles and a set of quallity studio monitors. so i guess it was a good price, but not something really sensational at that time..

Offline rolfeilert

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 06:47:23 AM »
Is there a reason why Yamaha should produce less of T5?

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2017, 07:03:13 AM »
I believe they do not longer produce T5. History, I guess.😄

The first Genos models have been shipped and they are producing the Genos arr kbs now for the next shipment.
It takes about 3 months ( by boat ) before they arrive in Europe e.g.

Jeff

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2017, 07:07:28 AM »
Hi Bachus,

Is this cy still active ?
Very interesting prices !!!

Jeff

Online Bachus

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2017, 12:29:14 PM »
Hi Bachus,

Is this cy still active ?
Very interesting prices !!!

Jeff

Found him trough marktplaats a dutch competitor of ebay..
I checked for you

He still has the PAAS speaker set available for 250
Its name on Marktplaats is bandencentrum den bosch..
Obviously at that price all his pa4xs are sold..
Seems he still has my G70 for sale like 6 months later..

Offline pjd

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2017, 01:03:34 PM »
Is there a reason why Yamaha should produce less of T5?

Hello Rolf --

Yamaha are switching to a new tone generator (the SWP70) in their mid- and high-end products. The T5 uses the old generation (SWP51L) and once the older chips are gone, that's it.

Yamaha need to replace or refresh the MOXF synthesizers for the same reason.

Also, due to lower production costs, the FL512 and FL1024 flash memory expansion modules will be history. If someone buys a T5 or MOXF, be sure to get the flash modules for free. (Check for Yamaha promotions.)

All the best -- pj

The following users thanked this post: rolfeilert

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 02:46:35 AM »
All a bit depressing. I guess I'm just going to have to hang on to my Tyros 5, after all. When I bought it I was in a unique position cash-wise and was able to shell out the necessary money without loans or credit deals. If I'm going to lose too much money on my T5 in moving to the Genos I might just as well stick with the T5. Everytime I look at my T5 it kinda frightens me just how much that beast cost (3500 if you must know). It was a ridiculous amount of money, by any metric, made palatable only by the fact I got a 1000 knocked-off because I part-exchanged some gear to offset the amount I'd have to pay.

The Genos will come in new (my guess) at close to 4000 for the 'all-the-bells-and-whistles' bundle. I don't know how I could ever justify that kind of lunacy a second time - just from a purely moral stand, let alone a financial one.
Yamaha Tyros 5 | Roland A-800 Pro | Cubase 9 Elements | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape & Stylus RMX | Arturia Spark 2 | Yamaha APX 700II 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 03:14:17 AM »
Cal,

If you are so happy with your T5 why should you not keep it ?
It is a great instrument.

Jeff

Offline pjd

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 06:01:16 AM »
Hi Cal --

That's why I speculated  (in a different thread) about a "vitalize unit" for the Tyros 5. Yamaha sell a "vitalize unit" for their rather expensive Electone organ series. The vitalize unit is a package of hardware and software that upgrades an Electone mark I series organ to a mark II. The vitalize unit is expensive, but not as expensive as a whole new Electone organ.

Many Tyros owners would probably love to have this kind of option for Tyros.

Although it's fun to guess and dream about the future, the whole discussion has me pondering, "What are my musical goals?" The worst factor holding me back is my laziness and procrastination about practice.  :)  :)

All the best -- pj

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 06:31:23 AM »
Hi Cal --

That's why I speculated  (in a different thread) about a "vitalize unit" for the Tyros 5. Yamaha sell a "vitalize unit" for their rather expensive Electone organ series. The vitalize unit is a package of hardware and software that upgrades an Electone mark I series organ to a mark II. The vitalize unit is expensive, but not as expensive as a whole new Electone organ.

Many Tyros owners would probably love to have this kind of option for Tyros.

Although it's fun to guess and dream about the future, the whole discussion has me pondering, "What are my musical goals?" The worst factor holding me back is my laziness and procrastination about practice.  :)  :)

All the best -- pj

As I've mentioned before, even though I know my Tyros 5 is truly amazing I still doubt it's really the keyboard actually wanted. I'm not really a 'Tyros musician' (if there is such a thing). I think I was looking for something to make my life easier as a musician because, like you, I'm lazy. There is nothing wrong with the Tyros 5 and it can be whatever you want it to be, sound however you want it to sound...but that requires all the effort I just never seem prepared to make. I dunno, I just get too easily distracted by all the shiny things - like the Montage with its 'magic arpeggios' and I convince myself that if only I had that keyboard all my musical worries would be over...  It's daft and it's a fallacy. I'm virtually sure when the Genos arrives I'll be utterly convinced it's an answered prayer. And around we go again.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 06:32:40 AM by CalUKGR »

Offline Constrictor

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2017, 03:21:52 PM »
Bachus,

Not always the new models are better than the previous ones