Author Topic: playing with no split  (Read 996 times)

Offline Aussiejean

playing with no split
« on: July 26, 2017, 09:25:42 PM »
Is there a "piano mode" on the 910 as there is on my KN7000. I weould like to just have the piano right accross the keyboard and still trigger the right chord accompaniment for my song. Can I do this? Also, has anyone got a piano sound that suits this style of playing. The preset voice needs a bit of tweeking perhaps? I realise that the whole of the chord needs to be played to register,but I can do this. Thanks Jean.

. Also has anyone got a piano sound that suits this style of playing. The preset need a bit of tweeking, I think

Offline Dick Rector

Re: playing with no split
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 09:34:49 PM »
Under function you will find splitmode -stylesetting etc or something similar. There you can adjust it.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

The following users thanked this post: Aussiejean

Offline Aussiejean

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 10:14:49 PM »
Thanks Dick but no help. I can move the split to C1. This gives me a piano across the whole keyboard,and will only play the drums, no acc. I realise now it cant be done. So easy on the 7000. Pity that its too heavy to take out to a gig. Thanks anyway. Jean.

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 10:55:32 PM »
What if you turn off the Left voice so the keyboard uses just the Right 1 voice, and switch the Chord Fingering to AI Full Keyboard? I think maybe that might have been what Dick was suggesting?
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline Aussiejean

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 12:26:28 AM »
Thanks SeaGtgruff, The 910 does not have an A! full keyboard mode,. It does have a multi finger mode but that does not help, I can play piano style, with split on C1, naturally with left voice off ,but only with drum acc. Do later models have a piano mode function? Jean.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 12:57:30 AM »
According to the S910 reference manual, you should have the ai full keyboard fingering option .pressing the direct button followed by any of the style control buttons should take you straight to the right page.
S770

Offline Aussiejean

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 02:05:14 AM »
Now I have found it!!! I did not scroll down the fingering types- missed the arrow. Now I am super excited. Thank you both. Sorry to be such a pain. Jean.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 10:12:46 AM »
Glad you got it sorted Jean.

My top tip for this setting would be to press the channel button and mute some of the style parts. The ai does not always get the chord right, but thinning down to say just the rhythm, bass and phrase gives a better result. Just experiment a bit.
S770

Offline mikf

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 03:38:42 PM »
The main reason that accompaniment does not always seem to work well in this mode has little to do with the number of channels in the accompaniment. It is mainly because people will often use this mode to play from piano sheet music, and these arrangements, especially if they are relatively easy play, may just not contain enough notes to provide sufficient good data for the intelligent accompaniment to work out the chord structure accurately. For good results you need to play enough harmony notes then the auto accompaniment will work perfectly well. In this mode the keyboard accompaniment responds to all notes played, not just LH chords, so you can add the harmony notes in either hand. But basically the quality of what comes out is driven by the data you input!
Mike

Offline Aussiejean

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 12:39:01 AM »
Thanks Mike,  I am enjoying this different way of playing polychords, as all the chord extensions show on the screen, but you do need to keep a lot of fingers on the keys.Jean.

Offline mikf

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 11:01:57 AM »
I hardly ever play any other way because it feels more to me like real playing with my own little band.
Mike

Offline Rondonc

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 01:14:11 PM »
Hi Jean,
If you love the piano,as like me it appears that you do, have you thought of a Clavinova.
It doesnít have to be a new one, my first Clavinova was a CVP05 which I wish I had kept. I have a 605 now with touch screen but I canít say that I like it better.
You would have all the benefits of your current keyboard except for multipads plus a superb piano voice with weighted keys.
My first 61 note keyboard that I had was a PSR8000 which had an excellent piano voicing. They are still available used, at around £300.
Regards
Ron