Author Topic: Enhancing Yamaha Style  (Read 528 times)

Enhancing Yamaha Style
« on: July 21, 2017, 01:30:12 AM »
Hello everyone I have a question. I have a style called Discohands. You know when you play the intro and ending the pattern changes depending on what chord you play now like one for major and minor. just thos 2. NOW!!! I made one for minor 7th, and used song creator to make my edits. Now I made one for the intro and one for the ending, 2 separate midi files Please let me know if there is a way to merge the midi files into the style thanks. ;D I loaded the styls in mixmaster and saw channel 1 and 6 blank i wonder what its for ? Anyway I appericiate any advice on Making my 2 pattern intro and endings into 3 :D .
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:07:26 AM by Keyboard Master »

Offline EileenL

Re: Enhancing Yamaha Style
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 01:06:35 PM »
Styles use tracks 9 to 16. Both 9 and 10 can be used for drums.

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 01:59:34 PM »
It's not uncommon to see a Yamaha style file use channels 1 through 8 within the file itself, but the CASM portion of the file will always redirect those source channels to destination channels of 9 through 16. I'm not sure why some style files have more than one source channel for a given destination channel-- one of our resident style file experts can probably shed light on that-- but I've seen files where two or more channels are routed to the same destination channel. Usually the extra channels aren't used by all of the style's sections-- for instance, a given channel might be used by only a particular variation, and it might be limited to just one of the intros or endings, or something like that. The extra channel will appear to be completely empty of events when you're looking at the style sections where it isn't used.
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 03:24:38 PM »
... I'm not sure why some style files have more than one source channel for a given destination channel-- one of our resident style file experts can probably shed light on that...

Channels 1 -8 are use for alternate chord types to create variations.  Also an Intro Section can use several of these channels for Minor Chord (and minor variable chord types)

Some times a Mega Guitar can use several of these channels for a single Part, and last but not least... there could be 2 different alternate channels for a specific style Part to create variations when playing Major, Minor or 7th Chords.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: SeaGtGruff

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 09:38:09 PM »
OH! Ok Im also cirious I merged my extra recorded channels for the chord to channel 1 and wondering how I can Datail is to trigger because when I tried playing at the end it just got ignored. Because when i played it on the keyboard I only heard the original two the one for key CMaj and Cmin and not the one i did for Cmin7, i really love to figure it out i am using mix master but wondering if cubase and sonar will work too.  i love to hear more advise thanks. and thank you also for the recent responses. :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:42:29 PM by Keyboard Master »

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 10:21:56 PM »
Hi

Read section "Chord Type dependent Accompaniment" at
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/style_11.htm

Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

The following users thanked this post: SeaGtGruff