Author Topic: what are your wishes and expextations for Genos?  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Bachus

what are your wishes and expextations for Genos?
« on: July 19, 2017, 09:12:14 PM »

With all the discussion about a possible release dat, i am wondering what other people are wishing, expecting, hoping for...

Or are you still happy with your T5, and dont you need much more?
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Admin of : www.keyszone.boards.net

Offline TwinTyros

Re: what are your wishes and expextations for Genos?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 09:46:10 PM »
Didn't we, since the end of 2013 (release year T5) have discussed enough about a "new Tyros" range and heard/read what we want to have for changes/wishes for the new model ;)
I will be glad if the new key will be released for sale so we can start with the "Genos" 2 discussion.  ;D

My T5 will definitely not  be changed for a new/other Yamaha keyboard when I'm going to buy a new key.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 10:00:33 PM by TwinTyros »
Regards,
Marcel

Offline Coprah66

• Langage international : la Musique !
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 10:22:41 PM »
Hello Bachus and friends,

Always wanting more is the proper of the human. Personally, I have a T5-76 and I am very satisfied except for certain sounds, especially the pianos, which do not suit me. Is it enough to replace this keyboard by the latest one? I do not believe that.

I have a time to exchange the T5 against the PA4x. Not bad either with very good sounds pianos. But ... One holds better than two you will have - we say it in France.

As for everything I've read about the Genos release, for the moment there is nothing official about it. Just assumptions and hoped for from each other. Do you think that Yamaha is interested in discussion forums to know what to put in their new product? I doubt.

My T5 is two years old and I play like a little boy with. I am always making discoveries and I do not get tired of it. I discover especially its possibilities well hidden and ignored of user manual like pressing on 3 or 4 keys that follow in the area of ​​accompaniment. Etc ...

I will not buy the Genos or any other name in the immediate future.

Best regards.
Georges.
Sans la musique il n'y a pas de plaisir dans la vie.

Offline Ikspeel

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 11:43:07 PM »
My only wish that the keyboard comes fast ;D ;D ;D

Offline John Plumridge

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 12:32:14 AM »
My wife states that I will be happy with my Tyros 5.
 If I finish the decorating in time maybe the Genos 2 could be considered?

If Janes happy, I'm happy.

Happy, happy,happy Tyros 5 owner

John

Where did I put those paint brushes?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:37:33 AM by John Plumridge »
Tyros 3 & Tyros 5
My musical performances are better than they sound !

Offline voodoo

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 01:17:19 AM »
If Janes happy, I'm happy.

Happy wife, happy life. ;)
Yamaha PSR-S970
Nord Electro 5D

The following users thanked this post: pipal

Offline Bachus

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 01:29:23 AM »
Didn't we, since the end of 2013 (release year T5) have discussed enough about a "new Tyros" range and heard/read what we want to have for changes/wishes for the new model ;)
I will be glad if the new key will be released for sale so we can start with the "Genos" 2 discussion.  ;D

My T5 will definitely not  be changed for a new/other Yamaha keyboard when I'm going to buy a new key.

Lots of discussion.. with lots of wishes...  but time has traveled fast.. with lots of new insides..

When it comes to expectations.. or what will the Genos really be?
I have a hard time visualising what to expect..
First assumption, the Genos is the reincarnation of the Tyros line, with the same potential buyers..
If this holds true, which inam not entirely sure of, then i expect atleast the following changes...
- touch screen..
- different layout(buttons/sliders)
- atleast 2 knobs (encoders) added, probably more
- all the new features from the s970, that are not on the Tyros
- improved piano's, including the piano room feature from the CLP
- some herritage from the Montage, like more keyboard voices and a huge amount more dsp
- some herritage from the refaces, like the sc engine and the 4 voice fm engine
- 61 and 76 key versions.
- a huge improvement in the style section and drums.
This all assuming the Genos is the next incarnation of the Tyros as a TOTL arranger.

My personal wishes are for a Genos that would move more into pro territory picking up the room the features cut from Motif leave... this however would also leave room for a Tyros6 or even a new PSR pro series.  As to cover the needs of the more typical arranger players...

-I would love to see a light alu casing...
-88 key or module/desktop version with advanced integration with the Montage
-combining the arranger part with the Motifs step sequencer..
- high end onboard edditing of styles pads and sounds
-atleast 12" touchscreen
- Montage's structure of 2 dsp effects/sound
- drum set feature, with even more DSP power.
- compatibillity with old tyros styles
- modular build, where you can buy more engines and soundpacks as expansions..
- full DAW integration including audio over USB...
Etc etc...

I do realise my wishes are totally off compared to my expectations... and i dont think such will happen..altough a Genos module/desktop that fully integrates with both Monatge and DAW would be a dream...
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Offline Del B

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 04:51:05 AM »
Isn't this topic the same as  "If Yamaha doesn't do this I'm converting to Korg" where members have already expressed their wishes and expectations on the new Tyros/Genos  :-\

Offline Bachus

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 06:12:21 AM »
Isn't this topic the same as  "If Yamaha doesn't do this I'm converting to Korg" where members have already expressed their wishes and expectations on the new Tyros/Genos  :-\

No its not.... as it says... that topic is more about Yamaha vs Korg (where people still have missed the fact that Yamaha still is the leader and korgs pa4x is a reaction on Yamaha).... where this topic is about the future of Yamaha...   

There are dozens of topics where people have talked about their wishes.... but none puts these wishes directly in comparison with their expectations..   wishes are different from expectations..

This is much more about expectations, which is much much harder to predict...  because of the closed nature of Yamaha

Offline Cosmorot

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 06:59:10 AM »
I very much hope when releasing the Genos, Yamaha will not give up the support of T5.  :(

Offline John K

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 07:28:00 AM »
I agree with Bachus and hope feel it's about time the arrangers had full DAW integration via a single USB.

Regards

John

Offline Joe H

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 07:32:55 AM »
My only expectations are based on observations of the changes from Motif to Montage... combined all keyboard Modes into a single Performance Mode,  touch screen plus lots of hardware controllers,  new chip set for sound improvements and faster processing, large memory, super knob

and

Changes from the S950 to the S970... new chip set for sound improvements and faster processing, big increase in expansion memory, real-time control knobs, an arpeggiator and DJ styles.

Based on the above list... we can expect somethings new with the next TOTL arranger along with backward compatibility.

Joe H

Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 07:43:13 AM »
I’m wishing/expecting/hoping that any new arranger will approximate real styles and voices, so that a person hearing a recording of such instrument-----they would be hard pressed to distinguish it from studio players.  Now, that would be something.

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 09:31:32 AM »

Hi Guys :

I am wishing all these people who have the intention to buy a Genos a lot of fun and joy with their new baby !   :D

I am sure the Genos will bring them what they are expecting.

For those who are not upgrading, like me, I am hoping  some new styles, new multipads and some new voices are usable.

Good luck ! Jeff

XGW - SONAR PLATINUM - CUBASE 8 WIN - MIXCRAFT8

Offline billtracy

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 10:02:00 AM »
I would like to see Genos have (I know I am dreaming on some of this):

1. MIDI to style converter similar to the PA4X. Styles are the heart of an arranger and while Yamaha has many good styles available, this feature would be a great help. Any MIDI file could potentially be a new style including those from other arrangers.

2. Improved style creation. It should be a simple process to create your own styles.

3. A playlist feature similar to Korg's songbook and Roland's performances (UPG). Yamaha's registration system is too complex but should be kept as an option for those who use it now. The music finder is not a full solution.

4. A 16 track sequencer with the ease of use of the Roland FA series.

Offline Marcus

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 11:38:57 AM »
Hi Bachus
Your reply #6 and Genos wish list was very good and perhaps pretty close to the final product from a logical standpoint.

I really like the Tyros 5, but always room for upgrades and innovation to accurately minic real instruments and style genres and keep up with the latest music trends.

Some of my thoughts:
- at least the quality of the present keybed.
- touch screen or not, but a least make it bigger so sheet music and musical compositions/arrangements could be viewed.
- resolve the expansion memory limitation/cost issue.
- perhaps increase the Ensemble feature to 8 or 10 voices and ability to add your own ensemble voices.
- definately add a Piano Room/World similar to Organ World.
- by adding more DSPs per channel could help eliminate the glitch from voice transitions without having to lift from the keyboard.
- maybe double the polyphony from 128 to 256.
- increase the bit rate on all sounds and recording mode.
- multi loop samples in Voice Creator.
- improved editors.
- some kind of a display to show what Multipads are loaded to each position/button.
- program your own SA2 voices or keep more of those great voices (SA2, SA, Mega) coming or maybe even a new kind of Super Articulation technology.
- stereo mic input again (Tyros 3) and with the Fantom power option.
- the VH2 needs to be reworked. It wasn't bad, but the presets were not optimized. I loved the ability to add Real Reverb DSP the mic input on the Tyros 5, but had to rely on my external Roland VP-7 unit for all my Vocal Harmony needs. 

I'm sure Yamaha will deliver in all areas that need attention after the long run with the Tyros series.

Regards, Marcus

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 12:03:33 PM »
For me, the ideal (so far) upgrades are:

- Style Double compass fill-in;
- Style Multiple Breaks;
- More Styles;
- Possibility to set two voices in Left hand (lower);
- Bigger Screen with touch (display entire sheets - like an IPAD);
- Possibility to produce 5.1 (or 7.2) channels equalization (not just stereo);
- I always think about a (left) foot pedal to control the styles ---> change from A/B/C/D/Fill/Intro/Break/Ending by (left) foot - my right is with sustain. Isn't obvious?
- Better piano voice;
- More strong and powerfull sounds/kits for DANCE/HIP HOP styles;
- More parts in styles (more than 2 drum/percussion, 6 other);
- More new styles.

That's it!

Att.
Pedro Eleuterio
Brazil
Pedro Eleutério
PSR Performer

"Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary"

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 12:47:38 PM »
For the most part I am very satisfied with current T5.      My focus is playing live.  I am not technically oriented, I am playing oriented.  So, for me, the only reason(s) to upgrade from current T5 to new model.

- accessible price (in the same range as T5)
- better 'live' sound (current T5 sound is excellent) but it has to be extremely better to justify upgrade
- tons of styles 
- more 'modern' styles
- more multipads
- more fills 
- more and better VH
- easier recording to mp3
- 3 to 4 USB connections (T5 only has 2) 
- relatively easy transfer of current T5 registrations, external styles, etc.   If i need to spend hours on transferring current stuff, will probably not go for it.
- easy to transport and set up (if it could be lighter than T5 that would be a strong point).
- Anything else that can make me sound better to my audience when playing live. 

Other than that, no other feature will improve my playing skills or my singing.

Note, i am not saying that current T5 is lacking. I am just saying that to justify the upgrade the new model has to be substantially better, specially in live sound.

thanks a lot

AL

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline hans1966

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2017, 04:37:47 PM »
I would like to see these characteristics in the flagship such as: Midi sequencer and Audio combined, import wave samples in AIFF format, AKAI and audio recorder in Mp3 format.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 04:45:22 PM by hans1966 »

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 05:05:56 PM »
Al Ram

I have a PSR-S950 and I added this to the back of my keyboard and I have 4 USB ports.

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-4-Port-Individual-Switches-HB-UMLS/dp/B00BWF5U0M

I agree they need to give us more modern styles. If they provide more styles (and I am sure they will) there will be more Fills too. I don’t use the Multipads as all of them can be found in one of the styles. I find the pattern and just incorporate it into the style and don’t have to mess with turning it on and off.

For sure a better Vocal Harmonizer would get me to upgrade my S950 to the next PSR model.

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 05:08:14 PM by DrakeM »

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2017, 07:17:24 PM »
Drake
thanks a lot.  I agree with your comments. 

The USB 4-port switch you attached seems great and very inexpensive.  I wonder if it would work with T5, because i have tried several switches before and none worked . . . .

I do not know how to do what you do with the multipads already in the styles. Although for me turning the multipads on/off is not an issue because i set them up in advance using registrations.   

Have a great day.

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Bachus

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 09:29:27 PM »
Al Ram

I have a PSR-S950 and I added this to the back of my keyboard and I have 4 USB ports.

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-4-Port-Individual-Switches-HB-UMLS/dp/B00BWF5U0M

I agree they need to give us more modern styles. If they provide more styles (and I am sure they will) there will be more Fills too. I don’t use the Multipads as all of them can be found in one of the styles. I find the pattern and just incorporate it into the style and don’t have to mess with turning it on and off.

For sure a better Vocal Harmonizer would get me to upgrade my S950 to the next PSR model.

Regards
Drake

The point of multipads is having more variation in your style.  Its a try to make styles sound a tad more dynamic..

Altough what to use and what not to use is up to personal preference..

Its one of my favorite parts of todays arrangers...

Offline Joe H

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2017, 10:05:11 PM »
The point of multipads is having more variation in your style.  Its a try to make styles sound a tad more dynamic..

Altough what to use and what not to use is up to personal preference..

Its one of my favorite parts of todays arrangers...

I agree.  I recently bought the Easy Sounds Magic Dance Expansion Pack.  It comes with 150 Multi Pad Banks (600 Pads)

Peter writes regarding his Multi Pads:
The 50 Mix Banks are some kind of „Mini-Styles“. They can be used as alternatively to or in combination with Styles. The four sequences contained in each bank are optimally matched and can be played simultaneously. It is very appealing to add the pads one by one and thus develop a dance-typical arrangement live. The Mix banks are built from individual pads of the "Synth Sequences" and "Drum grooves & Loops" groups.

He is following a Motif like concept where the Multi Pad Banks are 4-part "Mixes".  I have used Multi Pads in this manner for several years now and I was delighted to see that Peter understands Yamaha's intent for how we can use Multi Pads to create variations to styles by adding Multi Pads... or substituting Pads in place of style Parts when memorized in registrations.

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Bachus

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2017, 06:23:03 AM »
Thanks Joe..

I also like how on the 970 you can use a liveknob to mix between arranger tracks and pads.. articulating this way of pad use even more..

Offline Joe H

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2017, 07:13:07 AM »
Thanks Joe..

I also like how on the 970 you can use a liveknob to mix between arranger tracks and pads.. articulating this way of pad use even more..

Yes,  and it's a shame that Yamaha offers no documentation on this.  The more I play the arpeggiator, the more I understand what Yamaha intended. but I wish the knobs were encoder knobs rather than center-detent and also... when I turn the knobs there should be a pop-up box displaying the changing values.  (Yamaha could probably fix that issue with a firmware update... but they won't)

The S970 can be played in a way that is similar to a "Performance" keyboard.  I think the S970 may be the beginning of the hybrid machine you and I would like to have.

:)

Joe H
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:17:07 AM by Joe H »

Offline Marcus

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2017, 08:07:39 AM »
Just want to add my support and added ideas to Audio Styles, Audio REX Style, and Audio Multipads.

As I previously posted over the years, I really like realism the Audio Styles. The main drawback is, you cannot full edit the audio drum part or other parts of the style if Yamaha goes the way of Ketron and adds audio bass and guitar parts. The Audio Styles, while being truly authentic sounding, will fit less songs and are limited within a realistic tempo range. Even if the style contained audio bass or drum parts, you cannot change the specific bass or guitar part unless countless alternate instruments and the patterns are included, never mind having to add all the countless chords and keys. Perhaps time-stretching technology can correct key changes, but not control the different chord patterns. Ketron does have the cool feature of mixing up different audio patterns as the Audio style plays. Others have suggested some kind of a style "round-robin" innovation to more humanize a style.

I suspect that Yamaha somehow managed to combine Audio-type Styles and yet with the control and editing of MIDI-based styles. Even if not, I would like to at least see most Audio Drum parts from the styles converted with an optional Audio Drum-kit version, like the MIDI based Real Drum kits. Then that actual Audio Drum parts can be used in MIDI form. Similar to how Audio REX Styles are beat sliced into separate drum instruments. May not be perfect technology because some drums and drum kit percussion parts might sound at the same time or overlap each other in live performance setting. However, as I previously mentioned, maybe Yamaha could then take that same live drummer in that recording session and record each individual drum-kit part and develop a corresponding Real Drum Kit MIDI version based from each individual Audio Style.

I think Audio REX styles sound promising, Yamaha just needs to develop more advanced user editors and Drum Editors along with more advanced Voice Creation options. No reason why REX audio styles or the separate beat sliced cannot be made into a user MIDI drum-kit (just like Real Drum Kits) and used within a Style Creator or Song Creator program and additionally be used with MIDI Song files or even MIDI-based Multipads. 

Basically, I am thinking down the lines of a marriage between Audio (or audio clips), yet with the control of MIDI. Present Tyros 5 technologies are already very good. I would love to see better improved or brand new MEGA, SA, and SA2 voices or yet a new form of Super Articulation. Just adding more selections would nicely spice up my existing styles, multipads, and midi song files. Improved or more DSPs is most likely anyway, but these effects are truly important to the individual voices and towards the overall mix.

Multipad Creator and multipad functions can greatly be improved and expanded upon. As others mentioned, add synchronized pitch and time stretch to Audio Multipads. This would be huge, blending and interacting your live performance with audio or MP3s. I would love this from my Classical/Standards perspective, but a huge tool for the contemporary music scene or EDM/Trance genre.

I agree that Yamaha should develop their own Genos software programs or at least make integration more fluid with programs like Sonar or Cubase. I personally use a notation program, Sibelius on my PC. I make it work using default Sound Sets, but I could save more time using a dedicated Sound Set. There is a Tyros 4 Sound Set, and Sibelius told me they are working on the Tyros 5 Sound Set Project, but by the time it is released they may need to work on the Genos Sound Set. It is always a case of catch up, but I am still excited with the prospect of a brand new Tyros 5 replacement. Where are the photos and specs? :D :D :D :D

Regards, Marcus         

Offline Bachus

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 09:55:26 AM »
Yes,  and it's a shame that Yamaha offers no documentation on this.  The more I play the arpeggiator, the more I understand what Yamaha intended. but I wish the knobs were encoder knobs rather than center-detent and also... when I turn the knobs there should be a pop-up box displaying the changing values.  (Yamaha could probably fix that issue with a firmware update... but they won't)

The S970 can be played in a way that is similar to a "Performance" keyboard.  I think the S970 may be the beginning of the hybrid machine you and I would like to have.

:)

Joe H

Encoders are quite a lot more expensive then a normal knob. thats why i think we will see encoders on the Genos if this feature is implemented.

Offline Leading Edge

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2017, 02:53:12 PM »
I can understand all the expectations of what technical attributes may, or may not, be on the latest Yamaha offering.  However, not many people seem to be concerned, or make mention of, the anticipated price of the new Genos.  I wonder if it's likely to be in the same price bracket as the Korg PA4x?  Somehow I doubt it.
Tyros 4 & Bose

Offline Bachus

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2017, 11:53:46 PM »
I can understand all the expectations of what technical attributes may, or may not, be on the latest Yamaha offering.  However, not many people seem to be concerned, or make mention of, the anticipated price of the new Genos.  I wonder if it's likely to be in the same price bracket as the Korg PA4x?  Somehow I doubt it.

Overhere in europe, price difference between tyros5 and pa4x isnt that big ..

I dont think its to expect that Genos will be much cheaper then tyros5.
I personally expect it to be a little more expensive, like €200

Cant say for the US, never understood why its so expensive there in the first place. So itbmight be a little cheaper then the Tyros5 there.

I dont think the price of the pa4x is even a comsideration for Yamaha when setting the price for a new keyboard.

Offline Udo

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2017, 07:00:10 AM »
You can certainly whish what you want ……….

But the job of that new Genos is done and there are the first testers doing their
jobs .

My prognosis :
The disappointment about the new Genos will make the second hand T4 and T5 models much more expensive!!!

A great weekend to all of you

Udo
Tyros 3 , Tyros 5-76 , Bose L1 Compact , Opus 89 Beyerdynamic

Udo's Jukebox

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2017, 07:27:36 AM »

My prognosis :
The disappointment about the new Genos will make the second hand T4 and T5 models much more expensive!!!

I think you will be disappointed with your prediction.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bachus

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2017, 08:50:43 AM »
I think you will be disappointed with your prediction.

Fred

Some people allways think possitive.
others will allways think negative.

You can most of the time tell them apart when you see their predictions for the future.

I know what kind of people i want in my team.. 9 optimists, and a single pessimist..

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2017, 09:18:26 AM »
I have been accused, in the past, of being an eternal optimist.  My mother-in-law, on the other hand, had no use for my optimistic views.  She once wanted to start a Pessimist's Club; however, she didn't think it would work!  ;)  :o  ::)  ;D  ;D  ;D
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2017, 09:26:04 AM »

There ain't no reason to be negative. Why ?

The Genos will be, like all the other great high end arranger keyboards, a real success.
No doubt in my mind.

I only regret my budget is too low to buy one.  :'(
But you'll never know what the future might bring.  :)

Jeff

Offline Udo

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2017, 10:13:36 AM »

Dear Bachus,

I certainly did not want to annoy you !!!!! :) :)

Best Regards
Udo
Tyros 3 , Tyros 5-76 , Bose L1 Compact , Opus 89 Beyerdynamic

Udo's Jukebox

Offline Bachus

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2017, 10:31:29 AM »
Dear Bachus,

I certainly did not want to annoy you !!!!! :) :)

Best Regards
Udo

You didnt annoy me...

You just gave your opinion...
And as i said, every team needs a pessimist, just to ballance out those optimists..

And if chnages on the Genos are to big, i can immagine many people claiming why would i want to play all of that and moving back to T4 and T5. However, in general that says more about those people then about the Genos. Many people just cant handle to big of a change

Offline metcam

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2017, 11:10:25 AM »
If GENOS Will have:

Portamento like A-3000

Drum editor like A-3000/S770/S970

Fast loading Custom Voices/drums (very fast)

Improved YEM  (load/delete single custom ETC...)..or on-board max voice/drum creator

On-board max style creator(Like KORG PAX4)  or total Style creator in YEM

like to see touch screen,,but if not is still OK

Unchanged REGISTAR MEMORY or same as on Tyros5 with improvements.

With this I will Bay probably before NEW YEAR if will be launches in October

Curent Instruments: Tyros5-61,,,PSR-A3000
Previus instruments:PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland D20.........

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2017, 03:40:05 PM »
I really like the idea of a larger screen. I could care less about a touch-screen, however, we can only load text files to the T5 for lyrics and other data. Holy crap Yamaha, this is the 17th year of the 21st century!!!!! We need to be able to load PDF files. Think of the possibilities with Sibelius, Finale, and Musescore. I have hundreds of chord charts and lyrics in PDF format that my $6,000 Yamaha keyboard can't read because it only recognizes text files. That's right up there with the DOS operating system!! Give me a break!!!!

We also need real pianos, not the crappy ones currently installed on the T5. They're garbage!!
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compact speakers, 15 inch subwoofer designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44 sound interface.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2017, 05:02:24 PM »
Hi

We Need all top pro Daws to Integrate properly with the Genos
Better pianos and guitarsand general sound upgrade.
Registrations to be seamless when changing up or down,also fills.
Get rid of Yem and have something more professional , Like not having to load everything to get one pack In

Better speaker system,that is not all boom and tinny. Monitors that play sounds like a stero hi-fi with controls

That is all 8)

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2017, 08:57:06 PM »
Hopefully all present free and very useful programs made by Michael B, Joergen S and all other good friends are still applicable for the Genos ... Cross my fingers. ::)

Jeff

Offline Bachus

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2017, 12:07:37 AM »
Hopefully all present free and very useful programs made by Michael B, Joergen S and all other good friends are still applicable for the Genos ... Cross my fingers. ::)

Jeff

Either that, or they should atleast be able to upgrade their programs with little effort to the new. Version..

And while these programs are part of what makes Yamaha a very valid choice, they could also be what holds back Yamaha from advancing and innovating arrangers..

If they would really upgrade their style engine, this could mean all the old programs no longer worked with the new style format. So whats more important, having backward compatibility or advancing styles to the next level?

( in my vision tough a new high end arranger should could have both.. a new style format uncompatible with all these tools.. as well as backward compatibillity with the old format and many of the tools.)

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2017, 02:49:25 AM »

Hi B,

We will see what the Genos will bring us.
Asking for upgrading all their programs might be a bridge too far, maybe.

We have ( and Yamaha too, I hope  ;) ) always appreciated the fantastic work all these guys have done for so many years ... always updating, always available for questions etc. etc. and last but not least ... always free of charge.

Jeff

Offline DerekA

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2017, 02:56:05 AM »
I would like to see options to edit all of the voice parameters e.g. pitch and filter envelope. Add a simp!e FM synthesis engine for some good DX style sounds. Plus the live control knobs of course.

One simple improvement on the song creator would be to name the tracks (OK technically the channels) or at least show which ones contained data.

And if it could be cheaper that the T5, that would be nice  :)
S770

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2017, 03:09:51 AM »
The Genos lower in price than the Tyros5 ? ::)

It might be possible the Genos will be higher in price, I guess.

Jeff

Offline EileenL

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2017, 05:03:59 AM »
On average the Tyros range usually goes up two or three hundred pounds but then so does everything else we buy go up in price, so its to be expected.

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2017, 05:58:38 AM »
Eileen :

In 2017 and 2018 European - and UK pricing will be almost equal, I guess.
All depends on the exchange rate, maybe.

Will there be any price difference between Europe and the UK after the Brexit in 2019 ? ::)
Perhaps then the UK will have lower import duties than Europe. Who knows ?  ;)

I wonder what will happen in the USA. It looks like all import duties go up there. Cross my fingers.
As far as I know American keyboard prices were always much lower than ours.

Jeff
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 06:09:08 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Bachus

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2017, 09:37:55 AM »
Eileen :

In 2017 and 2018 European - and UK pricing will be almost equal, I guess.
All depends on the exchange rate, maybe.

Will there be any price difference between Europe and the UK after the Brexit in 2019 ? ::)
Perhaps then the UK will have lower import duties than Europe. Who knows ?  ;)

I wonder what will happen in the USA. It looks like all import duties go up there. Cross my fingers.
As far as I know American keyboard prices were always much lower than ours.

Jeff

Why on earth do we need these different vallues for money...

If they are smart they wayt till POUND, DOLLAR, EURO and SWISS FRANCS all are equall in vallue.. and then they make it so that from there on, all those major western coins are allways the same vallue..   would be a good start to have one international type of money..

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2017, 09:50:20 AM »
Why on earth do we need these different vallues for money...

There are actually many good reasons to have your own currency. If you don't, you end up like Greece -- unable to deflate your currency in response to economic conditions. A common currency is great for tourists, but not for locals.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2017, 11:50:58 AM »
As we all know Yamaha's currency = the JPY ( yen ).

YAMAHA LOCAL ENDUSER PRICE

Some countries pay less, other countries pay more.
All depends on local VAT value, import and/or export legislation, transport- and currency costs.

There is nothing we ( or Yamaha ) can do than accept the situation.

If I should buy a Yami keyboard in the USA now and ship it to The Netherlands in the end my final price will be higher than the local price over here even when the enduser price in the US is much lower than ours.

That is the way it is.
Don't worry, be happy ! :)

Jeff

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 12:05:18 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2017, 12:22:29 PM »
My Tyros 5 is only just over a year old and already I'm thinking about its replacement. What am I doing with my life? :(

Still, since we're all speculating here (and speculating is fun)...

I guess I hope Yamaha 'modernise' the next-gen Tyros/Genos/whateveritscalled and bring it fully into the 21st century. Its siblings like Montage really do have the good looks; Tyros looks a bit frumpy and 'way not cool' in comparison. Showing the next flagship arranger some product design love would go a long way to rehabilitating the Tyros/Genos brand and make it far more attractive to many more potential buyers. I know looks are not everything, but (as you all probably know by now since I never stop banging on about it) one of my only major gripes about Tyros is its terrible design aesthetic.

But, having said that, other things I'll be hoping for (in no particular order):

1. Touch screen (at least parity with Montage)
2. Improved GUI (again: see Montage)
3. Much bigger HDD and Expansion possibilities
4. DAW connectivity - come on, Yamaha, pull your socks up and get with the programme/s!

And now another moan. To me - and please remember this is just my personal opinion - I think Tyros is pigeon-holed, stuck-in-a-rut, always associated with 'easy listening', 'soft rock' and 'hits of yesteryear'... I'd just like Yamaha to bring it up-to-date with modern Styles and sounds. How about some decent EDM, Ambient & Chill, R'n'B and Ethnic (Asian instruments, please, Yamaha!) on the next flagship arranger? NO MORE CHEESY EURO-DANCE! >:( It's horrible and I never use it - that cheese stinks!

Yamaha target the Tyros range at a particular demographic, so I guess I won't be seeing those more modern Styles and sounds on the new default keyboard as shipped from the factory, but they really could invest a bit of time and money in recruiting some talented musicians to put together some half-decent Styles and sounds expansions packs for download for those of us who want to be rather more adventurous with the sounds and musical genres we want to play on our arranger.
Yamaha Tyros 5 | Roland A-800 Pro | Cubase 9 Elements | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape & Stylus RMX | Arturia Spark 2 | Yamaha APX 700II 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar