Author Topic: Greetings to all PSR Members!  (Read 707 times)

Offline Vinadir

Greetings to all PSR Members!
« on: July 17, 2017, 09:17:14 PM »
Hello everybody, and thanks for letting me in the forum.  My favorite genre is Latin music.  I just love to listen to those Latin percussion.  It just sounds great on the keyboard.  I also like playing using other styles such as ballads, swing, big bands and some ballroom styles.  I wish I can play those other fast tempo styles too, but I'll just keep trying and practicing.

About 5 years ago, I visited this site and I discovered this very informative forum searching on how I can enhance the features and capabilities on my limited PSR-740 keyboard since I purchased it back in 2000, and I found that there are some utility programs that are usable and styles which I downloaded and I tried it on the keyboard.  It did work but some sounded different than expected, however, I lost some interest because of its limited capability or memory that it seems all the system styles I listen to are becoming to sound monotonous.  It becomes boring, but then, I am not even a keyboard player, I'm just only a low-level amateur just to play for fun of it.  I wish I have or know some friends that can play like a pro, then it will become interesting and I can even learn from them too as well.  When I did afford to buy a keyboard, my first keyboard was an ME-50 double-decker, the small PSS-680, PSR-550 and the PSR-740.  All of them I learned and experienced a lot from it but I'm still learning.

Until June of 2015, I visited this site again and I found out that there were several new keyboard models that just came out from Yamaha.  After reading the forum from other knowledgeable members, I finally decided I went on and bought the PSR-S970 in August. 
When it did arrived, I was so excited and overwhelmed on the features and power this amazing keyboard will do.  I kept on playing and experimenting that I forgot to take a break that I lost time.  Since then I went on and registered to this forum and I really learned a lot from it.  Two years since I read and learn from this forum, I have decided to write back and thank all the members and moderators of this forum who provided all the information especially during the A-J buttons issues, as my keyboard also got affected.  It was resolved afterwards.  Just by reading this forum, I have learned a lot and again, I thank you all, but one of the member I really want to thank to is Onacimus where I have downloaded most of his styles and most of it sounds great on the S970.

Once again, thanks for allowing me in the forum!

Vincent

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Greetings to all PSR Members!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 11:20:36 PM »
Hi Vincent,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member in November, 2015.  That's a wonderful testimony you provided about this great forum.  Your comments were very kind.  I'm sure you're going to learn many more wonderful things about your PSR-S970 keyboard here and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

Even though you've been a member for a while, you'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

We're so glad you decided to become a member a while back and very happy you've just made your first post in forum.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  There are many members here who are always willing and eager to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline Vinadir

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 04:43:54 AM »
Hello Roger,

Thank you for providing information on this enormous resources when becoming a member.  I didn't realize that there are so much to learn and in fact if I have the funds available, I will donating to the forum and even order some lessons plus soon.  As I mentioned earlier, I am just only a novice amateur still learning how to play the keyboard.  It seems that I spent more time reading this forum than actually playing the keyboard now as I really want to find how I can play and practice at least to the intermediate level.  Anyways, thanks again for providing all the information from this very resourceful forum.  - Vincent

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 10:15:13 AM »
You're welcome, Vincent.  I'm looking forward to interacting with you as you progress through your musical hobby.  Never stop learning and always have fun playing your keyboard.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 02:18:56 PM »
Hi, Vincent! I am also a hobby musician, and got my first keyboard in 1990. It was a PSR-47! I had much fun with that keyboard. You could even load it with batteries and take it to places where there was no power. In 2003 I got my PSR 2100, which I still have. I am in the process of buying a PSR S970, and got so inspired when I found this forum a couple of weeks ago. There is so much to learn here. All the information here and all the good , kind and helpful people here will make us grow as musicians. Congratulation with the PSR S970! That is a great keyboard! I look forward to getting mine.
Toril S

Offline Vinadir

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 09:39:10 PM »
Hello Toril,

It is nice of you to join in and share your experiences with your keyboards as you grow with it as a hobby musician.  I hope you will get your S970 soon.  Someday we can share our experiences and other issues with it.  Although I had this model for awhile, I still have a lot to learn and still practicing the chords.  Just like you did, I acquired other lower PSR models to but at least I was able to  learn most of their features and functionalities like voices, styles, registrations and some midi functions.  But there is so much to be familiarize with especially with the S970 which has a vast features and selections of styles and voices.   As you have mentioned before, it is an inspiration to just of being in this forum and with all the great knowledgeable members who help us resolve whatever issues we encounter with our keyboards, and most of all share their skills and files.  Once again, I hope you will get your S970 keyboard soon and I know we will get to see your experiences with it here.  Thanks for sharing and joining in Toril.
- Vincent

Offline Coprah66

• Langage international : la Musique !
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 09:46:02 PM »
Hello Vincent,
Beautiful presentation. I welcome you to the forum. The discussions here are very interesting and full of positive things.

See you soon.
Musically.
Georges
Sans la musique il n'y a pas de plaisir dans la vie.

Offline Vinadir

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 11:00:33 AM »
Hello Coprah66!

Thanks, and I appreciate you reading my introductory post and as your motto says, that music is the international language, that musical harmony we all can understand.  - Vincent

Online Gloria

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 12:39:23 PM »
Hello Vincent and welcome to this great music forum!   ;D  You have already discovered a lot of good things about it and I'm looking forward to when you post your first song!

Regards,

Gloria
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

Offline Vinadir

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 06:10:10 AM »
Hi Gloria,

I appreciate you entering into my post.  As far as posting a first song, I am not ready yet as I am still a very novice hobby player and I surely not going to post a song that will be embarrassing to our forum members.  I still have a long way to go before I confidently complete a first simple song.  I would rather listen to other member's song and praise and thank them for sharing.  I hope you understand.
- Vincent

Offline Lofty(dave)

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 02:22:48 AM »
Hi Vinidir I enjoyed reading your post like you I am mostly self taught and have gained a lot from forums like these .started on organs in the 60s moved on to keyboards in the 80s going through early p.s.rs then 9000 and tyros1-2-4 now have a P.S.R S970 of which im enjoying .I am olso a member of a keyboard club who have two meetings a year in the seaside town Skegness from thurs to Monday have a wonderful time do a bit of playing learning how to do things . I was wondering if you had anything like that where you are might give you some more confidence . we are not profesionals just home players meeting and having a good time Lofty ( Dave)

Offline Vinadir

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 02:28:57 PM »
Hello Dave,

Sorry of the late reply and thank you for reading my first post.  I'm amazed how you have collected all your keyboards over the years especially the tyros model.  I'm sure you have already been familiar with all the features and functions of all the models and as well as playing all of them well.  As I mentioned before, I am just a beginner novice and still learning a whole lot especially with the tempo and trying to gain more and as the keyword you mentioned 'confidence'.  Thanks for giving encouragement.   I will just be more patient and just have fun as I will gain more confidence.  And yes, I wish I could find a Yamaha Keyboard club close to where I live.  We all learn from this great forum, but probably I can also probably learn even more with other groups who shows and share their experiences first hand.  Oh by the way, where is the town of Skegness located at?  Is it somewhere in Canada or in Europe?  Well, thanks again for your encouragement.  - Vincent