Author Topic: Is the PSR S970 good recorder?  (Read 393 times)

Offline Toril S

Is the PSR S970 good recorder?
« on: July 16, 2017, 11:01:17 AM »
Hi :) I wonder if it is OK to use the S970 to record songs, use the USB, load the file to a computer, not using any cables or recording programs on the computer, vut only the recorder in the keyboard? Is the result the same as when you connect to the PC and use, for instance Total Recorder or Audacity? What do you performers do?
Toril S
Toril S

Offline Joe H

Re: Is the PSR S970 good recorder?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:34:08 PM »
Toril,

You can do what you ask, but you will need to connect the S970 using a USB-MIDI cable to hear the S970 sounds when you play the file on the PC.
The USB-MIDI cable is the same as a printer cable.  USB A on one end and USB B on the other end.   The S970 is MIDI compliant so you may not even need to install a MIDI driver... just connect the keyboard and it will be recognized by your PC and in your MIDI software.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 01:16:29 PM »
Toril S
Toril S

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 03:49:29 PM »
I own a S950 and what I do is first set up my "style" that I am going to use .. as in Balance every thing out on the style. Set up the volumes of the OTS and delete or add riffs to the style. Once that is all set up I simply record to the keyboard's WAV recorder. Then I play back the WAV file on the keyboard and listen to it and make any adjustments to the style if needed and record the song again. (Repeat as needed).

Then use an outside program, like Audacity to convert the file to an MP3. The WAV file will play just fine on your PC without even converting it to an MP3.

Regards
Drake

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 12:37:12 PM »
Great! That was what I was hoping for.
Toril S
Toril S