Author Topic: Super Articulation 2 editing?  (Read 828 times)

Offline tyrosrick

Super Articulation 2 editing?
« on: July 14, 2017, 01:23:11 PM »
In the T5, is there any way to change or edit Super Articulation on those instruments that have them, or am I stuck with whatever factory feature/function is programmed on them?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:25:07 PM by tyrosrick »
Current Gear: Tyros 5 76 key, and a whole lot of ambition.
Past Gear: Motif XF6, and a whole lot of frustration.
and.....Magnus Chord Organ (when I was 10!)

Offline Marcus

Re: Super Articulation 2 editing?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 02:20:16 PM »
We can only use the factory default for the SA2 voices and effects. However, you can still tweak the Voice Set of the voice itself or adjust the Mixing Console settings.

You also cannot use SA2 voices with the YEM Voice Creator. Voice Creator has always worked with single sample loops from the beginning. I have always wanted for Yamaha to allow multi-looped samples with Voice Creator or allow to add the head and tail samples to the main sample. Also creating or programming your own SA effects would be nice as well. I am sure Yamaha is aware of our desire for this, so it will be interesting what will be added to the up coming Genos model.

Marcus
Gear: Triangle

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 02:55:41 PM »
Thanks Marcus for your quick reply. As I've just bought my T5 a few months ago, it would be out of the question to purchase the Genos this year. However, I may be able to sweet-talk my wife into letting me trade in and buy one next year. Any pointers on ways I could satisfy and impress the wife (and be considerate as I'm 68, so the obvious might be questionable!).

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 04:20:13 PM »
Marcus,

I don't believe we would ever be able to edit SA2 Voices.  It's my understanding that SA2 uses a computer algorithm to split and splice heads, bodies and tails selected from a database of samples and is based on the player's performance.  Even if the samples are contained within the 8 Elements of the Voice, computer modeling is necessary to play an SA2 Voice.

I thing think SA2 was inspired by VL synthesis from the stand point of using computer modeling to implement fluid SA2 Voices.  I think there is no fixed SA2 Voice per se... an SA2 Voice has an ever changing personality based on playing style and technique.

Joe H
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:22:10 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Marcus

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 06:04:07 PM »
Hi Joe

The SA2 voices are outstanding, as well as Yamaha's SA and Mega voices. Yes, probably too complicated to edit anyway to get good results.

I would be nice though, if the Tyros Voice Creator could be expanded to allow multi-loops samples and perhaps allow the user to then have the option of assigning the corresponding head and tail samples to the SA buttons.

Yes, I am fairly familiar with the Yamaha VL physical modelling technology. Yamaha was always at the cutting edge of the technology. I also have a bunch of PGL cards, including the VL card. My MU100r is a keeper and use it on and off in the home studio.

Marcus
Gear: Triangle

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 06:13:41 PM »
Tyrosrick, I am 64 years old and have found it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission :). It took me 25 years of playing live gigs and 15 keyboards to finally figure that out.
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compact speakers, 15 inch subwoofer designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44 sound interface.

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 01:35:22 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Lee. Then all I need to do is play and sing to her "You Are so Beautiful To Me" the Joe Cocker rendition of course on my new Genos. I will then ask for profuse forgiveness. Yeah, I mean WHAT could go wrong?!

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 04:42:59 AM »
Good one Tyrosrick :)! For added affect, sing it when you have a hoarse voice due to a cold (LOL). She'll cave. If that fails try, "How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away?"
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compact speakers, 15 inch subwoofer designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44 sound interface.