Author Topic: Here we are! Hello, hello!  (Read 604 times)

Offline Toril S

Here we are! Hello, hello!
« on: July 11, 2017, 08:18:52 AM »
Hello, Everyone! My name is Toril Susegg, and I am new to thsi forum. I was born in 1960, and live in Trondheim, Norway. I got my first keyboard in 1990, - a PSR-47! Had much fun with this little machine, and I still have it. In 2003 I bought my PSR 2100, and for a long time I felt I was in Music Heaven. But now is the time to consider going on to a newer model. The Tyros models are not for my, because I am a one woman band, and must be able to carry my instruments when I go out performing :) I love making my own music. My music is simple, but I enjoy making it, and hope to share some of it with You some day :) I play,  mostly in smal clubs and societies. I also wright poems and essays. I recently found this forum, and the PSR Tutorial page, and am so happy for it! I have played accordion since I was 8 years old, and still do.  But, with the keyboard, I have so many options.

The two dogs with me on my profile picture are: Fryd (means Joy) on the left, who is my mew guide dog. Kalinka, on the right, is my former guide dog, now retired, and living the good lif, - no work and all pleassure. I call them my backing band,  because they often go out with me when I am out performing. This is us :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:47:40 AM by Toril S »
Toril S

Offline Cowsonconcrete

Re: Here we are! Hello, hello!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 01:11:38 PM »
Hi Toril.
Welcome to what appears to be a great site. Full of useful information.
Alwyn

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 01:20:04 PM »
Hi :) Yes, this site is very useful, and i apriciate your greeting!
Toril S
Toril S

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 01:29:31 PM »
Hi Toril,

We've already met and have been interacting since you first became a member of this great website, but welcome, once again, to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  We share similar backgrounds, since we were both originally accordion players, you first starting to play accordion when you were 8 years old and I started at the age of 5.  I'm sure you already know a great deal about your keyboard; however, you're going to learn a lot more about it here on the forum.

You'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

We're so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  There are many members here who are always willing and eager to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Online Gloria

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 04:19:58 PM »
Welcome Toril,
    I also am a former accordion player, had the instrument called The Cordovox,  looks like an accordion with 2 extra speakers, has all the switches of an accordion plus the electronic sound of the organ.  Now I play keyboard, a Yamaha 910 model.  I am looking forward to your first song; please do not hesitate.   :)  My latest song post was for the 4th of July celebration of the U.S.A freedom, "THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER."  I am also a dog lover, so I was very interested in your dogs!  I have a Keeshond, a breed from the Netherlands.  I will TRY to attach a picture.?

Regards, Gloria Hanson
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 04:21:32 PM by Gloria »
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 07:50:12 AM »
Hi Toril
Welcome Greetings from Craig "Keyboardist"
This Psr Tutorial site is all you will ever need with the Yamha PSR keyboards as well as the Tyros series
So much info and help here as well as very good music from so many
Enjoy all;I like your Pups  :)

Craig "Keyboardist"
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Toril S

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 11:33:00 AM »
Hello, Roger, Gloria and Craig. Thank you for greeting and encouraging me :) It is so good to finally have found you and this forum. Gloria: Wonderful dog!
Toril S

Offline Coprah66

• Langage international : la Musique !
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 09:41:52 PM »
Hello Toril,
Welcome here. Your musical career is really interesting. I also started with Dad's accordion a very long time ago.
Your dogs are superb.
Looking forward to sharing with you.

Musically.
Georges
Sans la musique il n'y a pas de plaisir dans la vie.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 06:42:34 AM »
Toril S

Offline Musicman123

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 04:33:32 PM »
Hi Toril  welcome to this wonderful site , full of nice people who are willing to share the Knowledge and skill . enjoy it all , Im quite new here too and everyone has helped me . so enjoy

Yours Stuart ( musicman123

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 04:34:29 PM »
Welcome to the brother and sister hood of this forum. You'll find it a great asset to both your knowledge and pleasure in playing your keyboard.
Current Gear: Tyros 5 76 key, and a whole lot of ambition.
Past Gear: Motif XF6, and a whole lot of frustration.
and.....Magnus Chord Organ (when I was 10!)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 12:24:40 PM »
Thanks :) This is really a wonderful site, and I am so glad that I found it. I know now that it has been there a long time, but I never thought to look for it. Strange. But, it is never to late to have fun :) People here are so helpful, and I know I will grow as a musician by being here, learning and interacting with all you wonderful people!
Toril S