Author Topic: T5 no longer see the flash memory?  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Helmer dk.

T5 no longer see the flash memory?
« on: July 10, 2017, 02:36:41 PM »
Hi

I have a problem when I turn on my T5, it no longer sees the installed 1GB flash memory card! So I can not use the expensive purchased packs and sounds. I have tried with System reset and I have had the card out to clean the contacts but none of the parts have helped. Should there be any members of this forum who know the problem or have an idea of what might be wrong?
A technique I've talked to does not mean it is the motherboard because the T5 works properly except it can not see the flash memory card, but I fear the worst.

Helmer

Offline illllm

Re: T5 no longer see the flash memory?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 04:28:52 PM »
Flash may be dead. If you can send it to me i can test it. Send me a picture of the memory chip. I will tell you what to do and possibly fix it.

Offline Cosmorot

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 12:33:06 AM »
Flash memory or RAM? If the RAM then this is a serious problem  :-\. If flash is nothing. They break down all time. The main thing is to backup important information? Did you?

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 12:54:49 AM »
Hello Helmek,

If the additional memory of your tyros no longer works, know that by accessing your Yamaha account you can always download your voices for free.

If it is a USB stick that is failing always make backups on a Hard Disk from time to time or store the files purchased in the Cloud.

Best regards

Jean-Pierre 33

Offline Helmer dk.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 10:21:43 AM »
Hi All

Thanks for the feedback, as I have mentioned, T5 works as it should (including harddrive, usb and user memory etc.) but T5 does not catch flash (FL1024M) card at boot. I have had a new flash (FL1024M) card in, but T5 does not catch this card either!
I have all the necessary backups in my computer, the problem is T5 can not get in touch with FL1024M card.
The question is if anyone knows that it could be a software problem I can solve myself? Otherwise I have to send T5 for repair.

PS: the card had been in the T5 for 3 years and the problem is just started.
Helmer

Offline illllm

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 10:29:54 AM »
Remove card.
Perform full system reset.
Add card.

See if this works.

Offline Helmer dk.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 07:19:51 AM »
Hi illllm
Thank you for your suggestion, I had thought of it but had trouble seeing it had something to do with the problem and it would also give me some extra work.
I have now made a full factory reset but T5 still can not see the card (Device is not connected) I have made an installation (ppi) of my sounds and packs and T5 makes a formatting without breaking over it can not see the card! Formatting did not produce a result T5 still can not see the card.
I'll probably have to send my T5 for repair.
Helmer

Offline Marcus

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 04:48:16 PM »
Hi Helmer
I think with the Tyros 5, the installed flash card is not displayed with the connected devices as the Tyros 4 did. You cannot tell through the Tyros 5 itself if a flash memory card is installed.

Perhaps check through the YEM program and the WiFi dongle if the YEM displays the proper wave count for the installed flash memory on your Tyros 5. If the YEM doesn't display the installed flash memory, then maybe there is a fault with your hardware, but in that case it could be either your Tyro 5 or the flash memory card itself.

Maybe someone can correct me if I am incorrect with this assumption.

Marcus

Gear: Triangle

Offline illllm

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 07:20:23 PM »
I will be installing new flash in my Tyros 5 tomorrow. I will test and let you know.....

Offline Helmer dk.

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 03:51:26 AM »
Hi again, and thanks for feedback

I figured out when I put T5 to YEM via WiFi, that when the card was not in, shown YEM (0 used / 0 wave count) but when the card is in, YEM shows (0 used / 1024 wave count) Yem does not show what is mounted by packs and sounds.
If this is good, how do I get on from here? Full factory reset, does it also reset the "instrument info"? T5 still remember owner name and language!

Helmer

Offline Marcus

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 05:35:10 AM »
Hi again, and thanks for feedback

I figured out when I put T5 to YEM via WiFi, that when the card was not in, shown YEM (0 used / 0 wave count) but when the card is in, YEM shows (0 used / 1024 wave count) Yem does not show what is mounted by packs and sounds.
If this is good, how do I get on from here? Full factory reset, does it also reset the "instrument info"? T5 still remember owner name and language!

Helmer
Reload your Tyros 5 expansion from the YEM as before. If the YEM is recognizing the 1024 wave count, then your 1 GB card is being recognized. Load through WiFi dongle method or make sure your Export Instrument Info is loaded to your USB stick first, if using the USB method.

Marcus
Gear: Triangle

Offline Helmer dk.

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 01:36:59 PM »
Hi again, and thanks for your help Marcus

Now I think I know my keyboard a bit better, as you've said I've done and now I'm back on. Thanks

What I do not understand is how the card suddenly loses all of its information, but it may have something to do with my date of birth! (1946)

Helmer

Offline Coprah66

• Langage international : la Musique !
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2017, 08:58:29 PM »
Hello,
I did not know that a memory card could catch Alzeihmer?  :D
But often, odd things happen. The best in these cases is to do a factory reset. (Press and hold the last white note on the right when you turn it on.) This is often enough to solve some problems.
As soon as it is the additional memory card, you must pass YEM by recreating an installation file. Then put the USB on the keyboard and in FUNCTIONS install the file in question. The trouble is that it is hyper long to format the card first and register them after. We have time to make and drink 2 or 3 coffees. This is where you see if the card is actually functional or not.
Musically.
Georges
Sans la musique il n'y a pas de plaisir dans la vie.

Offline Constrictor

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 03:59:31 AM »
Togheter - TWO BACKUP for all information.
Best regards.
Franco