Author Topic: Are there any PSR 2100 users in here?  (Read 975 times)

Offline Toril S

Are there any PSR 2100 users in here?
« on: July 07, 2017, 03:00:49 PM »
Hello everybody!
Are there any PSR 2100 usere in here still, or have everybody moved on to newer models?
Toril S
Toril S

Offline Dick Rector

Re: Are there any PSR 2100 users in here?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 07:39:55 PM »
Although I have a PSR S950 since it came onto the market, I still have and use a PSR 2000, a little simpler version of the 2100.
I changed the floppydrive 8 years ago for a floppy emulator because finding a new drive and disks was getting a problem as you noticed.

Good strong old workhorse and I will NEVER get rid of it. But I do love the 950, new styles, voices and you name it and THAT one is already outdated by newer models.
Have fun with your keyboard.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

The following users thanked this post: Toril S

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 11:31:10 AM »
Thank You for answering! I probably will buy a new keyboard soon, but will never let go of my trusty old 2100 :)
The video with the demonstration is wonderful. Reminds me of how happy I was when I got this instrument in september 2003. Before that, I had a PSR 47, so this was really a huge upgrade!!
Toril S
Toril S

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 06:53:13 AM »
Hi Toril;
I moved on from my Psr 2000 to a S950 and was thinking of a S970 but decided to wait as the difference  wasn't too much of a factor from my S950;better but not crucial.
I still kept my Psr2000 and had it for many years.My 2000 was built so well; I think that's why it still lasts today and I keep it.I know it wont compete against a modem boards but I had so much fun with it sounded good but those floppy's show the age obviously.
Time to move up for you to perhaps a S970;especially that you still are using a 2100.
Being that the S970 has been out know for a little while now, you might be able to get a better deal on it from when it 1st came out.
A PsrS970 from a 2100 should be plenty enough to enjoy and create away.
There will always be something better life short enjoy the moment now.

Craig "Keyboardist"
http://psrtutorial.com/perf/craigKeyboardist.html
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 09:00:37 AM »
Hello, Craig. I know that I will enjoy a new board, and am going to order the S970. It has been 14 years since last time, so I really should move on! The floppy disks are getting on my nerves:) I remember that in 2004, just one year after i got my 2100, PSR 3000 came out, all with USB drive and other new features. But, that can always happen. You buy a new computer, and a couple of months after, here comes a new one with so much more inside! I see you are a performer, and will listen to your music :)
Toril S
Toril S

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 11:14:12 AM »
Hi Toril
Don't think you could of really made a bad choice with picking the PSR S970 from the 2100.
Sometimes its hard to move on from what you know of but its worth the upgrade and say good bye to the floppy's
Anyway that's Yamaha's top PSR at present and for a while longer.
When I bought my S950 and heard of the S970 I said wait a  minute what do you mean a S970 is coming
soon.The S970 would have been the logical choice but wasn't available yet for me.
There will always be something coming out in time but that doesn't mean the slightly older stuff isn't any good.Like a new computer given time, then a new one comes as you say .
The S970 should hold its own for a good while longer and it really has probably more then most will ever need.Hope you Enjoy it; don't forget to adjust the EQ after you get it.

Craig "Keyboardist"
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 11:30:24 AM »
Hello, Toril.

I had a PSR-2000 for years and it is a great keyboard. Now I'm with a Tyros 4, but I remember a lot about my PSR-2000 - awesome times!

Att.
Pedro Eleuterio
Brazil
Pedro Eleutério
PSR Performer

"Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary"

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 12:04:41 PM »
Hi, Pedre :) Yes, I remember how happy I was when it was new. I still use it, but will buy a newer model soon. Tyros is great, but to heavy for me to transport when I go out on gigs :) The PSR 2000/2100 were great instruments at that time. I have had so many wonderful hours with it, so I will keep it even if I get a new one.
Toril S