Author Topic: Tyros 5-76 Jumping to Main screen consistently. Help  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Ian Kay

Tyros 5-76 Jumping to Main screen consistently. Help
« on: July 06, 2017, 05:33:36 PM »
Jumping back to the main screen consistently in the middle of a piece on Tyros 5-76.
I'm taking it in for repair while under warranty. Thought I'd check if anyone else had the same problem.
Ian Kay
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 03:10:09 PM by Ian Kay »

Offline XeeniX

Re: Tyros 5-76 problem
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 01:30:19 AM »
Hi Ian,

I think you should add more information if you want people with more knowledge of solving/pinpointing problems trying to help you out. The information you provide in your post is, to say the least, almost non existent.

For example:
Are you playing while using foot pedals, a midifile, foot pedals? Which display is active before it "jumps" back to the main display? Does it do that with all "peaces" you play or just the one? Did you already try resetting the Tyros to it's factory settings to eliminate a possible wrong setting that you forgot about?

You can of course take it in for repairs but that's a lot of fuzz and in my experience a lot of problems are due to a user error (I made quite a few thru the years myself on various models so I speak from experience :) )

best regards,
Peter 8)

-----
There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
-----

The following users thanked this post: JohnS

Offline Ian Kay

Re: Tyros 5-76 problem
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 10:31:59 AM »
Peter,
I hope you're right. I may have panicked. Yes, I did reset the Tyros several times to the factory settings. I had just learned how to save a registration, and style etc to the hard drive, and I was working on copying some of the ones I liked from the PSR material I was sent. It was exhilarating, and then while I was in the process of repeating that same procedure, the unit jumped back to the main screen. At times it resumed playing, and sometimes, no matter whether I pressed A, D, or J, it would jump back and not allow me to continue. I turned off the Tyros, and started again, and in short order it did the same thing. I took the Tyros in and began the process of examination by the in house tech of my local Yamaha dealer. He tells me it sounds like a faulty board, but he'll let me know next week. He also told me that the warranty process could take up to two months. Very discouraging to say the least. I'll know more next week, but I thought it would be a good idea to check with the people who have knowledge of these things. Hence, my quest for input from the forum. Thanks for your response. Ian

Offline XeeniX

Re: Tyros 5-76 Jumping to Main screen consistently. Help
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 02:21:17 AM »
Thanks for clarifying Ian,

That does indeed (at least in my not so technical ears) sound like a serious problem. I think I would be very disappointed as well if they told me 2 months of not having my keyboard. So I hope they will fix it a lot faster than that. Don't they have a possibility to at least give you a temporary replacement if it really takes that long? I mean a week or even two weeks okay, but 2 two whole months?

good luck!,

Peter 8)

-----
There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
-----

Offline Ian Kay

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 07:42:59 AM »
I heard from Joe Waters, and he was not familiar with this condition. I was hoping to find someone who has experienced this on this forum. Otherwise, I'm going to have to go with the tech repair. Yamaha does not offer a loaner, and the procedure has to go through several hands. Not pleasant to be sure. I was on a roll, after learning how to save and paste to a folder. The Tyros has such amazing potential for me. Ian
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:18:00 AM by Ian Kay »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 05:57:27 AM »
Hi Ian,
  I have had my keyboard since launch and it is in daily use. Never have I had this happen and have never heard of anyone else having it.
  Do be careful when downloading third party things as some can really upset your keyboard and you will have to reset it back.

Offline Ian Kay

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 06:19:58 AM »
Eileen,
Thanks for your reply. The tyros is at the local Yamaha distributer. I unfortunately bought the Tyros from Kraft, and they offer no support. After the sale the representative told me, "we jut sell the item, and turn you over to Yamaha for support." Not like Mike Mixson, who seems like a very honorable fellow, who gives full support, and instruction videos. Obviously, it would have been better to have bought it locally. We live, and we learn. Well, some of us do.
Ian

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 09:31:06 AM »
Ian kay,

bonjour,

la premiere chose que je ferai c'est reinstaller le dernier Firmware le 1.13.

Meme si ton Tyros est a jour avec la version 1.13, une reinstallation du dernier Firmware est possible !

Pour moi, ce n'est pas un probleme d'ecran, il s'eteindrait ou clignoterait mais ne reviendrait pas a la page d'acceuil tout seul !

Exemple, si un PC revient seul sur le bureau pendant un jeu  ce n'est pas l'ecran qui fait cela mais Windows apres un bug.

Tu vois ce que je veux dire ?

===>>> Desole si j'ecris en Français mais mon Anglais n'est pas tres bon et Google Translate traduit n'importe comment !

Christian.

Offline Ian Kay

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 12:39:21 PM »
To all,
I see that the response in French suggests the firmware update. Oddly enough, the techie at my local Yamaha distributor updated the firmware, and said this is probably going to fix the problem. So far, all is OK.
Thanks for your response.
Ian