Author Topic: The problem with writing a Custom Style (Time of Tyros5)  (Read 789 times)

Offline Cosmorot

The problem with writing a Custom Style (Time of Tyros5)
« on: July 06, 2017, 07:02:30 AM »
Recording in real time occurs after the first note is taken. Having written the part in Cubace (there it can be edited in detail), and play - on midi host Tayros will write it.
The problem relates to the filling! If a note has a fourth in the game, like a kick to the disco, then after completing the filling, 2 notes are played with a difference of about 10 ms by time. The problem of Tyros 5 time is not only in the recording! Each fill slows down the time of the general tempo. This is clearly seen if you record a song in Cubace. Every 8th bar is 10 ms behind! I think it's unforgivable.
Where is the support? Where should I write requests?

Offline dihelson

Re: The problem with writing a Custom Style (Time of Tyros5)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 02:07:59 AM »

I still noticed a problem on Tyros 5 timing. When I connect to a computer, and run DAW as master and Tyros as a Slave, when recording tyros in the DAW in realtime, there´s a 10ms delay. I noticed that by watching Sonar´s event list. The notes are not played on 000:00:00 I need to quantize in order to have them on the correct place.
Time doesn´t matter. What matter most is how you live your little minutes. You´re unique amongst 7 billion people living on this planet. Live well !

Offline Cosmorot

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 04:47:08 AM »
Same problem. But I decided to make it a template project with a compensation of 18 ms per chanel. (I measured bit on the VST and T5 in the left and right channels). 18 (!) ms, brother! This is a very serious flaw.

The following users thanked this post: dihelson

Offline dihelson

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 03:48:44 PM »
Same problem. But I decided to make it a template project with a compensation of 18 ms per chanel. (I measured bit on the VST and T5 in the left and right channels). 18 (!) ms, brother! This is a very serious flaw.

Yes, from all keyboards I had in my life, I never saw something like that. When Tyros 5 receives external clock, it delays around 10ms to obbey, which means that what are recorded on the DAW is not what you´ve played. When using Tyros internal clock, it doesn´t happen. I recorded on Sonar from Tyros using Tyros5 internal clock and not a single delay, but using the USB midi, sending DAW´s clock to Tyros5, the problem reveals as a delay in returning the notes back to the DAW, which means that everything recorded should be quantized, and it´s not realtime. It´s sad, considering that it´s a workstation, 128 notes of poliphony, which I use as a master sound generator. For the price it costs, we deserved a perfect midi implementation. I have not seen this problem in any other keyboard, even the cheapest one.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 08:11:40 PM by dihelson »
Time doesn´t matter. What matter most is how you live your little minutes. You´re unique amongst 7 billion people living on this planet. Live well !

Offline illllm

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 04:38:15 PM »
From your messages I understand there is a delay when connecting to other keyboards or to a computer.

In some cases, this is normal behavior in some cases. This is what you can do to mitigate this:

Use shortest possible, High quality, high speed USB cable.
use low buffer or buffer-less drivers. I use ASIO4ALL with FL Studio.
The more equipment in between your keyboard and computer, like sound processor, pre-amp, the more delay.

Offline Cosmorot

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 12:27:48 AM »
Is a "slow" USB cable and is "fast"? :) My dear - it does not affect the response of the program and the instrument. After all, I tried to connect this cable with Korg M3, TI Virus and other. The problem is only in T5
   As for the driver ... I think you do not quite understand the difference between ASIO and MIDI. MIDI is a 7-bit stream without a parity counter, where the first bit turns on the system, and the latter turns it off. In each packet, information about a note, a controller, etc. is transmitted ...
    ASIO is a kind of software audio conversion bypassing the Direct-X. In fact, this is a direct "cable" sound-blaster + processor. (and back). For the least delay in the sound of virtual instruments (Latency between pressing the keys and the audible sound of the virtual synthesizer). But only! It does not affect the data transmission speed of MIDI data.

Offline illllm

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 03:38:58 AM »
So the problem is with midi ?

Offline Cosmorot

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 05:10:07 AM »
Exactly.
By the way, Steinberg has announced new drivers! I'm going to try now...
DRIVER

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 07:08:47 AM »
hi
This 10 ms delay may explain why Portamento does not work in Sonar Platinum and other daws. The zeros and ones get put out of place as well.
If The Tyros and a daws are out,that means a lot of other things can go haywire when editing.
I hope the Genos will have it's own editor or get the keyboard to communicte and shake hands on the same level with daws.

ATB
John 8)