Author Topic: PSR S970 Transpose  (Read 474 times)

Offline YoungHeart

PSR S970 Transpose
« on: July 02, 2017, 10:00:56 AM »
Hello, I'm 62 and play the PSR 970 in a band,  Sometimes I transpose the keyboard up or down to accommodate the singer.  The BPM's reset after changing to the next setting on keyboard, but the transpose does not.  Does anyone know how to make this happen. It's annoying when going to the next song and I forgot to transpose the keyboard back to zero.

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: PSR S970 Transpose
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 11:41:56 AM »
There is no setting which automatically resets the transpose when loading a new style manually.

You will always need to press some button to reset the transpose.

You can reset the transpose to zero from any setting by pressing both transpose (+ & -) together, which may be slightly easier since you don't have to concern yourself with what the current transpose setting is.

However  the transpose setting can be stored in a registration, so you could save a registration with the transpose set to zero, and remember to select that registration at the end of each song.

I don't know if you currently use registrations for your gigs, but even if not you could set up one containing the transpose at zero , plus anything else that you would like to include in a sort of 'default settings'  registration (pedal settings, etc).  If you are not using other registration banks for your songs, the bank containing the 'default settings' reg would stay loaded to the the reg. buttons, even when you turn the power off.  So you could simply select it after each song, and also after turning the power on to apply the settings memorised in it.

If you do use registrations for your songs, then you would need to reserve one button (perhaps button 8?) in each bank with the transpose set to zero.

Of course you would still need to remember to select this registration at the end of each song, so it would probably be simpler to just get used to having to reset the transpose from their own buttons!

Regards

Ian

Offline voodoo

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 02:52:40 AM »
Hi,

I have the same problem: how to not forget to reset the transpose. Unfortunately there is no LED indicator showing that transpose is active. I would have wished that the transpose +/- buttons have LED showing state. So we have to be careful, or like Ian proposes, use registrations which always reset the transposition to zero (or whatever is needed for a song).

Uli
Yamaha PSR-S970
Nord Electro 5D

Offline ticktock

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 09:38:24 AM »
I like the "beep" sound added to the flashing light.
Ted