Author Topic: If Yamaha doesn't do this I'm converting to Korg  (Read 22813 times)

Offline Joe H

Re: If Yamaha doesn't do this I'm converting to Korg
« Reply #200 on: July 17, 2017, 10:52:27 AM »
I've been told by Yamaha that marketing people read our posts, but whether they act on our comments is another issue.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2017, 12:04:01 PM »
It might be possible they are reading some of our comments when they have launched a new keyboard.

Our positive feedback could be useful for their own forecast administration and to push their dealers to increase sales.

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline pmedina

« Reply #202 on: July 17, 2017, 04:20:38 PM »
Hi Jeff, of course they have other priorities, the commercial priorities. But the people in charge must think in the clients, specially those that make free advertising in his gigs, and so on.

« Reply #203 on: July 17, 2017, 05:02:37 PM »
Agreed, pmedina. By design, the Tyros 5 is NOT limited to a living room keyboard. The earliest arranger keyboard I used for live gigs was the PSR 3000. It saved me hauling out my CVP electric piano and MC600 dual manual organ before that!

The PSR and Tyros series keyboards have served two roles: extended home use and live gigging machines for the semi-pro and pro user. That's a very wide clientele. Yamaha knows this. My guess is they monitor this site and others like it to guide them through the very choppy waters of research and development. The last thing they want is to produce a keyboard that won't sell. I assume there are literally millions of dollars at stake with the development of a new keyboard. They can't afford to get it wrong and one way to get it right is to listen to users of all shapes and sizes :).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:04:02 PM by Lee Batchelor »
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compact speakers, 15 inch subwoofer designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44 sound interface.

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2017, 12:02:16 AM »
I absolutely agree this forum and Yami giggers all over the world are offering Yami a daily promotional tour, free of charge. :P

But again, in the eyes of their Marketing Division they have other priorities.
They are much more interested in their sales results, competition, forecast, dealer control and launching new products.

For them the Tyros is history and comments are no longer useful.
Apparently, after 4 " updates " the Tyros Dynasty was a commercial success.

Now a real upgrade ( we guess ), called Genos, is their main concern.

Once the Genos will be in the market it might be possible they will read a few feedbacks written by our members but for them their daily tasks are
really important.

I believe our input might be interesting for them but not essential.  :'(

Jeff
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 12:30:14 AM by Jeff Hollande »
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Mark Z.

« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2017, 12:47:53 AM »
Is it just a rumour or is it real ? The Genos seems to be
an digital accordeon .
Who knows the truth ?

Offline Stijn

« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2017, 01:45:33 AM »
This is what Mike Mixon says about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpyxHsIjxMc&feature=youtu.be

Stijn
One good thing about music; when it hits you, you feel no pain.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2017, 03:17:19 AM »
Yes I think we could all be in for a big surprise on the name. Not long to wait now anyway.

Offline reittila

« Reply #208 on: July 18, 2017, 03:59:26 AM »
A seller or maker who doesn't listen to buyers don't sell very long. They will get out of business fast. My guess is that not even Yamaha can over look the musicians over the world not even like us here on this forum. If the customer's voice and opinion is not heard the production don't know what should be produced. That's very simple to me. Of course there's other ways to find out what people want but forums like this shouldn't be ignored either.

Edit: Corrected some typos
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:12:34 AM by reittila »
--Pekka

« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2017, 04:40:02 AM »
The final product called Genos is ready to be shipped ( by boat ) and will leave Japan very soon.

The Genos will arrive in September and will be presented to the Yami dealers.
In October ( or maybe earlier, who knows  ::) ) we will know how the Genos will look like.
Then we will find out if all our wishes and dreams will come true.

I am almost sure we will not be disappointed, as usual.  :D

Jeff

Jeff, according to Mike Mixon's video, we have a completely different opinion. Genos is not the T5 replacement but just another keyboard. Are we back to square one :)? I'm confused.
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compact speakers, 15 inch subwoofer designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44 sound interface.

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2017, 04:52:59 AM »
Jeff, according to Mike Mixon's video, we have a completely different opinion. Genos is not the T5 replacement but just another keyboard. Are we back to square one :)? I'm confused.

Hi Lee,

Do not be confused.

The Genos will be or is the Tyros5 successor.
Why should Yami, after 4 years, continue the production of the T5 ?

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline billtracy

« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2017, 05:43:59 AM »
The plot thickens-our own Jeff H. vs Mike Mixon! We will see who is right. I should point out that Mixon is still trying to sell the Tyros 5 so that might have a little to do with his remarks. Also, if the Genos, which is an apparently confirmed  trademark of Yamaha, is not the new arranger-what is it?
Current Gear: Roland E-A7, KRK Rokit 5s, Voicelive Play.
Previously Owned: Yamaha PSR-740, Yamaha PSR-1100, Yamaha PSR-S750, Roland BK-3.

Offline pjd

« Reply #212 on: July 18, 2017, 06:33:57 AM »
"Why should Yami, after 4 years, continue the production of the T5?"

Indeed, there are practical reasons why Tyros 5 must be retired. In particular, Yamaha will no longer make the proprietary integrated circuits in the T5, specifically, the SWP51L tone generator. Yamaha reissued the MX line in order to use the newer technology (SWP70) and to give the line a longer life. Not so for the T5.

Also, the expansion flash memory modules are end of life (EOL). If you buy a T5 during clearance sales, be sure to get your modules for free.

Looking forward to the new era -- pj

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2017, 06:40:59 AM »
Hi Bill :

It is not so important who is right.  ;)
I can only tell you what I know.

We all know the Genos is the successor of the last highend kb which is the T5.
Why should Yami continue to produce their T5 after 4 years ?

A lot of dealers are no longer selling the T5. A real problem for them.
My own dealer meets the same problem. Even the S790 sales stopped, he told me last Friday.

Endusers are no longer interested in the T5 and are looking for the new, real upgrade, called Genos.

If Yami should tell the world what will happen in October 2017,  a lot of confusion should be avoided.
But Yami is the Boss. It is their policy to tell nothing.
I believe it is a big mistake but ... who am I !  ;)

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Joe H

« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2017, 07:11:54 AM »
Popcorn anyone?

:D     ;D

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline voodoo

« Reply #215 on: July 18, 2017, 08:06:06 AM »
Popcorn anyone?

Yes please.  8)

I am afraid where are back on field one, when all our assumptions for T6/Genos are destroyed by one video.... but who knows.  ::)

Uli
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #216 on: July 18, 2017, 08:19:29 AM »
When anyone says they've spoken with Yamaha and were told something, perhaps it depends on who they spoke with at Yamaha? If I remember correctly, last year one of our members spoke with Yamaha to find out if there was going to be a PSR-E453 model (since it hadn't been unveiled at the 2016 Winter NAMM as expected), and the person they were speaking with said there were no plans to make a PSR-E453-- but just a few months later, the PSR-E453 was unveiled at the 2016 Musikmesse! So just because someone at Yamaha says something doesn't mean they're in the loop-- or, even if they are, whether they're been instructed to confirm, deny, or just feign ignorance when asked questions about products that haven't been officially announced yet. We'll just have to wait a few more months to see what Yamaha unveils, and then and only then will we be able to look back on all this and determine what was "fake news" and what was a real leak. ;)
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline Mark Z.

« Reply #217 on: July 18, 2017, 09:15:46 AM »
A digital ACCORDEON , the first from Yamaha  , is not bad .
With a large touchscreen and Montage technology .
The Genos could be a huge succes .

How many keys has the Genos ACCORDEON , how many Styles ?

What is the weight ?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:18:06 AM by Mark Z. »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2017, 09:47:01 AM »
A digital ACCORDEON , the first from Yamaha  , is not bad .
With a large touchscreen and Montage technology .
The Genos could be a huge succes .

How many keys has the Genos ACCORDEON , how many Styles ?

What is the weight ?

:)    :)    :)    :)    :)

Joe H

Offline browzer

« Reply #219 on: July 18, 2017, 10:03:29 AM »
What's in a name?

According to Wikipedia in ancient Greece a Genos was a social group claiming common descent, so perhaps Yamaha is releasing the mother of all keyboards that has all the bells, whistles and technology from all the other top end keyboards that they manufacture now. Would that keep everybody happy? All you need is $45,000 and with a couple of finger swipes of the new hi-res retina display you can sound like anything you want, who needs buttons anyway when you have voice control.  :P :D

Ronnie

Tyros 5

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #220 on: July 18, 2017, 10:24:51 AM »
A Yamaha dealer or employee is not allowed to speak about new keyboards, remember ?

All are obliged to sign a letter in which they promise : no word about the new baby.

Believe me the video is only made to sell remaining
Tyros 5 kbs to avoid Yami are to take them back.

This action happened already in the past. Nothing new at all.
One of the reasons why Yami say nothing about the Genos.

Guys, the successor of the T5 will be available in October for sale.

Jeff

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:33:12 AM by Jeff Hollande »
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline mrplum

« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2017, 11:04:17 AM »
Jeff - "Believe me the video is only made to sell remaining Tyros 5 kbs to avoid Yami are to take them back. "

Absolutely !!

I heard rumors of a T5 some years ago and talked with my local dealer about it. He called his of "top guy at Yamaha".
who told me "absolutely nothing new on tap from Yamaha" followed by a nice sales pitch on the T4.

I decided to wait and see  .. 3 weeks later, the T5 was announced !
You never know...

cvp605, tyros5-76, kurzweil

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2017, 11:41:02 AM »
Thank you for telling us this very interesting but sad experience !

Maybe this story will convince those members who have their doubts about the Genos arrival and the end of the Tyros family.

It has never been my intention to tell lies but to share my information I have received from very reliable sources.

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

« Reply #223 on: July 18, 2017, 11:47:05 AM »
We have great faith in you, Jeff. How could we doubt such an honest face :)? Now, your previous picture...well...that's another story :D. On that friendly note, my pic isn't any better.

Remember, if you look like your passport picture, you're probably too sick to travel ;D!

Offline Toril S

« Reply #224 on: July 18, 2017, 12:00:26 PM »
If the Genos is an accordeon I shall buy it, unless it weighs a ton. In that case it must have a built in GPS, so it can fly by itself to my side and an antigrav engine, as in Star Wars, so it can hover in front of me, or else I will break my back lifting it :) LOL
Toril S

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2017, 01:35:22 PM »
More popcorn please, Joe H.  :)

I'll see everyone in October.  :) :) :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline Joe H

« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2017, 02:27:21 PM »
Roger,

I called Yamaha Tech support and they said they have a good supply of popcorn (they have been munching on the stuff themselves) and would be happy to ship a truck load out to me this week if I'm willing to pay the Next Day Air shipping charges.

;D

Joe H
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:28:42 PM by Joe H »

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2017, 02:36:53 PM »
Count me in, Joe.  I'll split the Next Day Air shipping charges with you.  Yamaha is always so gracious and accommodating.  It would be extremely difficult to pass on a deal like this!!!!!!!

;)  :)  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline EileenL

« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2017, 02:50:16 PM »
Jeff has it right,
   All Yamaha employees have to sign NDA agreements. And if they break them it is instant dismissal for a start.
   Please don't take notice of someone who says they know someone who is well in with Yamaha as it will not be true.
    We all know we have to wait for official announcement and details. Be happy with what you have at the moment and play away. 

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2017, 03:03:45 PM »
Thank you for your feedback, Eileen. :)
Much appreciated, Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Joe H

« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2017, 03:34:43 PM »
So Jeff,

How can you trust your source.  If it's a Yamaha employee then they have put themselves at risk.  If it's not... then how good is the information.

I'm not asking you who your source is... I'm just thinking out loud.  ;D

And since Yamaha Marketing Managers read these posts (while eating their popcorn)... you wouldn't want to say anyway.

;)

Joe H
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:36:13 PM by Joe H »

« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2017, 03:34:48 PM »
Eileen, what would we do without your wisdom :)?

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2017, 09:02:30 PM »
Good question, Joe.

The Genos will be the successor of the T5 and will be available before the end of this year.
October 2017, they say.

On September 10, 2017 the European dealers will receive all product information.

After that date I am hoping Yami will show the public how the Genos will look like.

That is the only information I have ( given you ) and time will tell if my words are correct or not.

Jeff
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:33:22 PM by Jeff Hollande »
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline voodoo

« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2017, 11:53:38 PM »
The Genos will be the successor of the T5 and will be available before the end of this year.
October 2017, they say.

On September 10, 2017 the European dealers will receive all product information.

Wow, this is a precise prediction.  8)
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2017, 02:44:48 AM »
Wait and see ... Hope I have it right otherwise I have to leave this group, I guess. 😪

Cheers, Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Joe H

« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2017, 07:14:58 AM »
Jeff,

No need to leave if you have been misinform and therefore mislead us all here.

No... you can make it up to us by negotiating a guaranteed 20% discount for everyone who wishes to buy the new arranger when it is released.

;D    ;D    ;D

Joe H

Offline Mendel

« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2017, 07:34:38 AM »
who ever is the admin of this wonderful forum, you can already make a
a genos topic  :) :)

Mendel

Offline voodoo

« Reply #237 on: July 19, 2017, 07:51:08 AM »

Whatever it will be.... perhaps a new motorcycle.  ::)
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #238 on: July 19, 2017, 09:06:27 AM »
Hi Joe,

And ... if my info is real what are you offering me ?

No popcorn plse ! 🐸

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #239 on: July 19, 2017, 11:00:01 AM »
Mendel

or a web page like this one below . . . .
http://genosmania.com/

Greetings

AL
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #240 on: July 19, 2017, 11:02:17 AM »
Wait and see ... Hope I have it right otherwise I have to leave this group, I guess. 😪

Cheers, Jeff

Please don't ever leave the forum, Jeff.  We all desperately need you here to advise us on Yamaha's next release and successor to the Genos.  ;)  :)  :)  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline Joe H

« Reply #241 on: July 19, 2017, 12:04:09 PM »
Jeff,

If you have been misinformed... then I will forgive you.  You are a nice guy.  We would miss you if you left.

;)

Joe H

Offline Ingar

« Reply #242 on: July 19, 2017, 01:13:16 PM »
I have been playing the PA4X since it came out and I'm extremely pleased with it.
Hi Don! I`m wondering about scatvoices. Tyros have them in Multi Pads to play along with styles, but what a bout PA4X?

Regards Ingar  :-)

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #243 on: July 19, 2017, 01:44:49 PM »
Hi Joe and Roger :

Thank you both for your kind words. :)

If my information is not correct then I will leave this group after September 10, 2017.

There is no alternative for me.
Nobody would ever believe me and I would feel like a fool.

I hope you understand my position and I am sure you will respect my decision. Thanks !

Best regards, Jeff

DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Toril S

« Reply #244 on: July 19, 2017, 02:00:11 PM »
The Genos will come with a new feature, you press all the multipads together, and popcorn comes out:) Too bad we will have to wait untill september, I would like some right now :)
Toril S

Offline Joe H

« Reply #245 on: July 19, 2017, 02:07:32 PM »
... If my information is not correct then I will leave this group after September 10, 2017.

Best regards, Jeff

I wouldn't want to have to come all the way to the Netherlands to chase you down... no you can't leave... no matter what.

Joe H
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:00:43 PM by Joe H »

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #246 on: July 19, 2017, 02:09:33 PM »
No, Jeff, you must never leave the forum, no matter what the outcome.  :)

Here's what I just posted in one of the Charter Member's boards, on your behalf:

You aren't going anywhere, Jeff, not if I have anything to say about it.  Your expertise and insight are much needed here.

I'll set to work creating a new function that will prevent you from ever exiting the forum.  I think I'll call it; Jeff Lock Down!!!

You are a very valuable member of the forum!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #247 on: July 19, 2017, 02:44:36 PM »
Say it ain't so Jeff. I just joined the forum 'cause I heard that you were a member. If you leave...well, then I guess I'll just have to sell my T5, move to the Isle of Tonga, and take up the harmonica. So no Jeff, for my sake, you can't leave......ever!
Current Gear: Tyros 5 76 key, and a whole lot of ambition.
Past Gear: Motif XF6, and a whole lot of frustration.
and.....Magnus Chord Organ (when I was 10!)

Offline billtracy

« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2017, 04:30:11 PM »
Hi Joe and Roger :

Thank you both for your kind words. :)

If my information is not correct then I will leave this group after September 10, 2017.

I hope you understand my position and I am sure you will respect my decision. Thanks !

Best regards, Jeff

Jeff,

I think most members here understand that a thread such as this is somewhat speculative by nature. You have provided some information that you say is from a reliable source and you seem sincere as opposed to someone who is trying to "stir a pot." Should that information turn out not to be correct, I don't believe the majority would hold it against you. So I wouldn't worry about leaving or anything.
Current Gear: Roland E-A7, KRK Rokit 5s, Voicelive Play.
Previously Owned: Yamaha PSR-740, Yamaha PSR-1100, Yamaha PSR-S750, Roland BK-3.

Offline DonM

« Reply #249 on: July 19, 2017, 05:23:27 PM »
Hi Don! I`m wondering about scatvoices. Tyros have them in Multi Pads to play along with styles, but what a bout PA4X?

Regards Ingar  :-)

Hi Ingar,
The PA4X has Scat voices similar to Yamaha.  Whether they are as good or better, I can't say because I seldom used them on either board.  I know Roland and Ketron both have excellent Scat voices.  When I get back in from of the PA4X I will check them out more.
DonM