Author Topic: Tyros Magic  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Musicman123

Tyros Magic
« on: June 27, 2017, 01:27:10 PM »
Tyros Magic , has anyone tried these registrations ect from this company , if yes how do you rate them

Stuart

Offline YammyFan

Re: Tyros Magic
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 04:30:44 PM »
I purchased  Classical Spectacular from Bee Software last year. I bought it because the promotional video  i saw on You Tube had John Beesley playing it on a Yamaha PSR 750. I thought his playing was superb, and I was so excited when the USB stick arrived in my letter box a couple of weeks later. The USB stick loaded easily on my PSR 750, and  sounds wonderful. But, I find that I hardly ever use it because I can't figure out how to use it.  I would love to know how to contact Bee Software and ask them for some instructions  to go along with the USB stick, but their website doesn't seem to have a "contact us " place for me to send them a message..  Bee Software  is fairly expensive to buy, and i would love to buy some of their other USb Sticks, but I hesitate to do so, as I  would need  a leaflet with a few instructions on it. This is the second or third time i have posted  on PSR Tutorial Forum on my sadness , and further details  of answers to those posts can be found by putting "Classic Spectacular" into where it says "search" on this Forum
I agree with one of our members who said John Beesley is a superb Keyboard player   

Offline MBedesem

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 05:25:45 PM »
I found this contact link on the website:  http://www.tyrosmagic.com/contact

The contact persons mail address is listed as: john@beesoftware.com

Regards,

Michael
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 08:16:36 PM »
Yammyfan
I read through your posts on this topic and I think that the issue you are having with the Bee registrations is not in how to use them, but in your expectations. The registration calls up a style and certain modified voices, nothing more. If you know how to load and call them up - which you obviously do- you know everything there is to know about how to use them! I suspect though that you thought that they would somehow help you to play the pieces that you hear John Beesley play on the demo, but that is not the case. because you still have to decide what to play, then play it. The registration does none of that for you, it only provides some nice voices matched to a style. I don't think that John Beesley misrepresents this but maybe you expected something else. 
Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 04:01:41 AM »
I think registrations are a personal thing as we know what voices we like to use. With the Classical Spectacular set, you have to be into your classical music and know what registration will suit the song you chose. The banks names give you an idea of what to play.
   I have found that the Big Band and Famous names are quite good and would be easier to find general songs for. It all depends on whether you think it worth paying for something which is quite expensive when with a little practice you can set up your own for what you want.
   It all depends on what type of music you play. Personally I have always preferred to create my own banks with the songs in mind that I want to use them on.

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan

Offline Ed B

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 07:29:45 PM »
Hi
Like Eileen I like to develop my own registrations but I am always interested in what others have done. When I do there are two types of registrations  song specific, and generic. Most of mine are song specific. If you develop a generic registration or a style you make your arrangement for a specific song group or artist. One size does not fit all. I believe Beesley should provide song information to his customers as is the implication in his video. 
Personally I think you are better to learn how to do make arrangements yourself.
My two cents
Ed B
Keep on learning

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan