Author Topic: I love Tyroas 5 keybed. Is there another Yamaha with the same ?  (Read 1552 times)

Offline dihelson

From all my keyboards, and there´ a lot, Tyros 5 has the best, most professional mechanics. It´s almost unbelievable how smooth, silent, and incredible to play on such pleasure. It´s very different from other keyboards like Kurzweil, Roland, and even Yamaha poor ones.

I´d like to know if Yamaha has other keyboards with the same keyboard, but much less expenvice. I need other keyboards to stand avove and under my Tyros, but I don´t want a noise, loose, bad keybed, because after playing a Tyros 5, nithing comes close...iis there ?
Time doesn´t matter. What matter most is how you live your little minutes. You´re unique amongst 7 billion people living on this planet. Live well !

Offline Joe H

Re: I love Tyroas 5 keybed. Is there another Yamaha with the same ?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 11:52:23 AM »
It's call an FXS key bed.  (correction... FSX) The Motif XS keyboard has the same key bed.  Maybe other Motif models as well.

Joe H
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:27:02 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: dihelson

Offline Marcus

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 12:30:44 PM »
The Tyros keybed is the best and great to play on. The high quality bed also allows nice initial touch, sensitivity, touch off, and of course after touch control. Add this to playing with SA and SA2 voices, and you are offered exceptional control over authentic sound voices.

I have played some high quality organ keybeds, but absolute pleasure playing my past Tyros3-4, Tyros4-5, and current Tyros5-5 twinset combos. Anything less now feels like a toy and very plastic-like. The best midi pedal-board I tried, is the Roland PK-6. Great feel, touch sensitive, quiet, and really like the Octaver Bass switch, to instantly add an octave to your bass notes to thicken up any Tyros 5 organ voice assigned to the pedals.

Marcus   
Gear: Triangle

Offline maartenb

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 12:17:31 AM »
A small correction to Joe's answer: it is called a FSX keybed.

It's the same keybed as the previous FS keybed, only the FSX is more environmental friendly.

Maarten

The following users thanked this post: Joe H, dihelson

Offline voodoo

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 04:44:05 AM »
The Tyros keybed is the best and great to play on. The high quality bed also allows nice initial touch, sensitivity, touch off, and of course after touch control. Add this to playing with SA and SA2 voices, and you are offered exceptional control over authentic sound voices.

I have played some high quality organ keybeds, but absolute pleasure playing my past Tyros3-4, Tyros4-5, and current Tyros5-5 twinset combos. Anything less now feels like a toy and very plastic-like. The best midi pedal-board I tried, is the Roland PK-6. Great feel, touch sensitive, quiet, and really like the Octaver Bass switch, to instantly add an octave to your bass notes to thicken up any Tyros 5 organ voice assigned to the pedals.

Marcus   

Yes, indeed. The keybed of my S970 is very plactic-like. Piano playing is very difficult. So I wish, the PSR-S series had the FSX keybed as well.
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Constrictor

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 06:28:12 AM »
Dihelson, to have what you ask, it would be necessary for Yamaha to have another similar instrument in production in the price as well.  ;D

Offline dihelson

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 08:18:27 AM »
Dihelson, to have what you ask, it would be necessary for Yamaha to have another similar instrument in production in the price as well.  ;D

Hello, Constrictor, JOE H already answered it. Yamaha has Motif XS which has the same Keybed of Tyros 5. Good, no ? If I need to purchase a second keyboard to distribute voices, it would be it.
Time doesn´t matter. What matter most is how you live your little minutes. You´re unique amongst 7 billion people living on this planet. Live well !

Offline Lloyd E

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 05:02:36 AM »
I love the keybed on the Tyros 5, it is smooth and easy to play on. All the lesser Yamaha keyboards (arrangers) do not use this keybed but lesser quality ones.  I have played on a 970 and it's no where near the Y5 keybed.  Lloyd
Music is the way to go

Offline voodoo

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 07:16:57 AM »
I have played on a 970 and it's no where near the Y5 keybed.  Lloyd

Sad but true. :(
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline dihelson

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 10:38:53 PM »
Sad but true. :(

So, it looks like Technics keyboards. A noisy keybed, that you play and think that the keys will brake apart ?

Offline Bertie59

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 02:16:33 AM »
Yep I agree the s970 keybed is dreadful  - great shame as otherwise it's a brilliant keyboard.

Sue  :)